Thread: Lunus ROP

Default Lunus ROP

Ok this is not Kumu's walkthrough but something I wrote and posted in my own guild forum ROP just came out, but until someone posts Kumu's I hope this can be of help:

Requirements
    Need lvl 30 adv, lvl 20 crafte and 250K hoard(as soon as you begin ROP it doesn't matter if it falls below) to begin ROP.

There isn't any requrement on adv lvl beside the lvl 30 to finish the quest, even though it will off course be easyer to survive the higer your lvl, but if you have a strong group lvl 30 is enough. For crafting you will need at least 300 modded skill in stoneworking, smelting, transmutation and scalecrafting.

Needed resources in the quest(it doesn't matter how you obtain them):
    30 granite bricks
    10 obsidian bricks
    25 silver golem frags
    5 shards of faces(guardian of faces drop)
    5-10 lapiz lazuli(depending on craft lvl)
    5-10 slate bricks(depending on craft lvl)
    5-10 iron bars(depending on craft lvl)
    5-10 amethyst(depending on craft lvl)

Quest start:
    1)You start the quest on Chiconis with the Historian at 24380/22944
    2)You then have to travel and speak to 2 different ancients. One in dralk Valkeroth the Ancient. 22687/28929, and the other in chiconis Semeneth the Ancient. 24495/22329
    3)When you have done that return and talk to the historian.
    4)You now have to choose your faction by going back to either Valkeroth or semeneth.

Aquire an orb of pure crystall:
    1)Go to dralk and talk to the hermit 21711/27812.
    2)Go to the island with the 3 cities(Lerena, Greyling, Daikana) 27784,20632. And get 5 shard of faces by killing 5 Guardian of Faces Lvl 45 Golems with 1900 Hp. The quest counter is bugged, and you don't need to kill 5 golems, you only need to get 5 shards, so you can get the shards from others.
    3)Go back to he hermit and talk to him twice, you then get an enchantment, that you will need.
    4)Go back to the place with the guardians of faces. After a little while the crystalised golem will spawn lvl 50 mob with 35K hitpoints. The enchantment is on a 30 minute timer which is lot's of time to get there, but the crystalised golem won't spawn if you can't get there in time. You can recorgnise the enchantment by that your claws will start to glow. The crystalised golem in itself is the easyest of the bosses you will have to figth, still it takes a long while to kill, and it's not something you should try to do alone, unless you lvl 70+. To get the enchantment you will need at least lvl 40 in adventure, but if you are in a group with a dragon lvl 40+ you can help him kill his. All hatchlings in the group will get credit for the kill.

5)You then return to the Hermit and talk to him.

Acquire an imbued Silver Claw:
    Get the quest at Valkeroth
    1) Get 25 Silver Golem Fragments.
    2) Speak to Valkeroth and he will hand you the formula to smelt those fragments into the silver claw.
    3) Craft the claw. (300 smelting)
    4) Go back to Valkeroth.
    5) Travel to Draak(the south eastern dragon island) and speak to the Entombed Soul. He's in a giant dragon statue when you follow the road to the SD on your rigth hand.
    6) You then have to kill the 3 enslavers of mind, will and spirit. Lvl 50 mobs with 6000 hipoints that spawns in the genneral area.
    7) Speak to the Statue again.
    8 ) Speak to the statue once more when you are ready for a hard battle.
    9) Defat entombed will 51246 hp Rating 72 Dragon lvl 60 . This figth is pretty long.A healer is simply a must here, unless you have some strong people with you lvl 90+. Also for every dragon in the group you need to kill it once.
    10) Return to Valkeroth
    11) Travel to the hermid and harden the silver claws in the lava pool inside the hermits cawe.

Create a statue of your adult self:
    (this part of the quest I don't remember so well, but it is also fairly straigthforward so if some of what I write isn't correct then you shouldn't have problems with figuring it out yourself)
    1) Get the quest at Valkeroth
    2) Obtain 10 Obsidian Bricks. The counted is bugged so like with the shards of faces, you just return and talk again as soon as you have the 10 bricks.
    3) Travel to Draak and defeat a ghostly dragon Lvl 50, 1900 hitpoints.
    4) Craft the obsidian mirror
    5) Go to the hermit, and through his portal to the pool of teeth.
    6) follow the road until you see a little pool, stand in it for a while until you get a message.
    7) go back to Valkeroth
    8 ) Return to the Hermit and have 30 Granite Bricks ready.
    9) Craft a statue of yourself
    10) Return and talk to the hermit
    11) Go to the Dralk shrine and wait until you get a message.
    12) Go to the chiconis shrine and wait until you get a message.
    13) Return to Valkeroth.

Imbue the Crystal Orb with your own will:
    Get the quest at Valkeroth.
    1) Travel to Dalimond and talk to the consigner.
    2) Travel to Bristugo the city just west of dalimond and speak to Sheila the Assistant(shes in one of the houses.
    3) Go back to Dalimond and talk to the consigner again
    4) Travel to the Cleric Tower and speak to Saint Thomas. 23825/20409
    5) Travel to Chiconus and speak to Seril the Empty. 24596/21203 He's hiding under one of the ribcages and can be a little tricky to find.
    6) Travel to Selen and speak to Selen Gatekeeper.
    7). Go to Harton Valley and go east to find Barmos the Empty. 25843/24268 He's on the outside of the wall.
    8 ). Travel to Mage Tower and speak to Eilen just inside the towers entrancer. 26684/29115
    9). Go to the east of the Mage Tower and speak to Talon the Possessed. 27656/29103
    10) Travel to Summoners Tower and speak to Kaa the Peaceful. The tower is on the island to the east of Morning ligth. Kaa's on the eastern tip of the island.
    11) Travel to Dryart and speak to Lem the Idealist. 21342/25218
    12) Return and speak to talon.
    13) Speak to talon again when you are ready to do battle.
    14) Travel East to the 4 lakes. Stand in the middle of these lakes till Esh the Mind Lasher spawns.
    15) Defeat Esh the Mind Lasher. (Lvl 70 Reaver, with around 35K hitpoints. This figth is not as hard as the one with the entombed will. Again a healer is a good idea, but a lvl 90+ dragon can take esh too. For every dragon doing the ROP in the group you will need to kill him once.
    16) Return to Valkeroth.
    17) Travel to Healer Tower and speak to the guy inside the tower and up the stairs, can't remember the name, something with Pure. The tower is just west of tazoon.
    18 ) Wait 5 minutes.
    19). Talk to ? the Pure again.
    20) Return to Valkeroth.

Create a Phylactery of Shadows:
    1) Defeat Kaa the Shade. Ap. Lvl 65 with 35K hitpoints. Killing Kaa himself is very easy since you just drag you phylactery to a hotkey and activate it while kaa is targeted will kill him in 1 at the very most3 clicks. So just dodge his guards for a few seconds until he's dead, and then recall. He is located at the bottom of the spiral in the western blight. The biggest problem is to get to him if you don't have a powerfull group. There's a lot of high lvl caster types around that will make it very hard to get to him without having to figth your way. There is a way to get past most of them by climbing the walls in the spiral, but you sort of have to know exactly where and how to do it, which is pretty hard to explain, so best bet is to just get a good group together.

2) Defeat Lem the Cold. Ap. Lvl 65 with 35K hitpoints.You can find him in the eastern bligth area where you also can find marrovs, in the canyons with walls.
    3) Go back to Valkeroth
    4) Create a shimmering scale, for that you will need 5-10 of slate bricks, amethyst, lapiz lazuli and iron bars. This scale will protect you against the SD's kill ability.
    5) Defeat the Shadow dragon. LVL 94, with ap 700K Hitpoints. Again you use the phylactery on it, but the SD will not just die, it will need a lot of hits from the phylactery, so the best way is to either be a lot of hatclings together doing the quest all with phylacteries, or have some healers to heal you while you use the phylactery, or have an adult dragon(s) with the shimmering scale come and help you, where they take the beating and you stand back and use the phylactery. I'm told that you can also solo him by running around out of his reach and hitting him with the phylactery, but I haven't seen this done myself.

6) Return to Valkeroth.

ROP End:
    1) Go to the Hermit
    2) go through the portal to the peak of storms
    3) Follow the road. You can just ingore the ghosts underway if you want, if you engage then be onn the lookout for elial the hunter though, he can be a tough nut. Finnally at the top you shouldreach a ghost dragon called ? the patient.
    4) Stand on the flattened stone area and target yourself, now's the time to enjoy your last seconds of hatchlinghood, so jump a little around or something
    5) Use the phylactery on yourself, lean back and enjoy the show!

Will give the following
    Path of the Lunus - +40 Flame Resistance, +20 Tooth and Claw.
    Stat gains for aging: +200 Health, +50 strength, +45 Armor, +75 Fly Speed

Before you recall I suggest that you scout around a bit, there is a cawe a little to the north that you can only reach by flying there where you can get the quest to be able to transform to akhutit(biped).
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Default Re: Lunus ROP

ty uro =0)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

*bump*

Could someone sticky this please? Thx
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

OMG this got stickied, it feels like something I made in another lifetime

I guess Kumu's guide got removed somehow

Is it even acurate anymore?
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

4) Craft the obsidian mirror
    Such a simple and innocent-looking step...

Crafting the obsidian mirror uses a Transmutation skill of 300. But it requires a Stoneworking Pedestal, which means you can't have any help from an alchemist shop's skill bonus. Aside from transmutation-tech'd scales and whatever power(?) buffs you can get, you are going to have to equal that 300 all by yourself. I read in another thread that you need 29 DCRA, and soon I'll be finding out (and posting here) exactly what level is needed considering T2 transmutation scales and Primal Roar II.

Dirty little trick, forcing people to get almost ten more levels of crafting...and before now, you would never have known it was coming until you ran into it, unless someone were to warn you in-game...

I'm not annoyed at the walkthrough writer. Although it would've been nice if he'd included this information, it's appreciable that he wrote a walkthrough at all.

I am, however, annoyed at the requirement itself.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

My Lunus alt completed her RoP at lvl 29 craft, couldn't do it before because of that requirment

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

You could allways ignore the walk-thru and actually try something new, like finding out as you go along?

These are your best moments ingame that you will allways remember, no need to spoil them with a cheat.
    If you get stuck on a certain part then theirs allways the Dragon chat to ask in.
    Sort of spoils the RoP if you know everything before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    You could allways ignore the walk-thru and actually try something new, like finding out as you go along?

These are your best moments ingame that you will allways remember, no need to spoil them with a cheat.
    If you get stuck on a certain part then theirs allways the Dragon chat to ask in.
    Sort of spoils the RoP if you know everything before doing it.
    I don't want to turn this thread into an argument, so I'm going to PM you with the rest of my reply. Suffice it to say you're preaching to the choir but I still have objections to the way the obsidian mirror crafting is implemented.

On-topic, the requirement is indeed 29 even with T2 transmutation scales (head, chest, and both wings) and Primal Roar II.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

by the way, the consigner in dalimond is now in bristugo. going to post a ticket about changing the text from the pawn broker in kion who tells you to visit dalimond.
    elissana is the NPC in question, who leads you to shiela the assistant.

I made an updated one here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22060

Not sure which format is preferred, the reason why I didn't ask to switch out stickies.

Thread Information