Thread: A kindly offer to the people of Unity.

Default A kindly offer to the people of Unity.

Greetings Folks!

I have met one or two former Unity folks who are coming to the US servers for a new life (or at least to sample what we get over the here with the free trial) and would like to extend to you the same courtesy that I am sure many of you would offer if the situation were reversed and we were eyeing coming over there for a more stable world.

Before I start, I wish to state this as a disclaimer: I feel for Luca and the folks over at GN, and for all of you who are having problems over the last few months, and am NOT trying to badmouth anyone. I am just trying to help. As one HZ player to another. I have no alterior motives to 'steal' players or any underhanded dealings. What you see is what you get.

I am a generalist crafter. I have MOST of the Beginner forms forTools, weapons,armour. I am VERY limited in Cargogear forms, and don't do spells. However I am willing to log my wife in and make you T1and possibly T2 spells (not sure what my wifescribed on her character, or how far she got with SpellCraft). I can get most people set up through their T2 stage of life, and in limited situations up to T3, by then you should be well enough off to be able to handle things on your own! [:P] I will kick you out of my basement and ask that you get a job and contribute to the world economy ;)

I can not guarantee I will be on call all the time, but I still have a good bit of bronze and I think cedar in my vault. I'm on East Coast US time, and on the Chaos Server.

Those of you that remember me from the Tazoon forums know I am eccentric in that I will occasionally assign tasks for some gear and may ask for some effort on your part. I do not believe in free lunches, especially if I feel that a person is not making a good faith effort.

Feel free to /tell me or PM me if you are interested in taking me up on this offer.
    And MayIstaria watch over us All in the next weeks as we find out more about the fate of our beloved worlds.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: A kindly offer to the people of Unity.

Ermmmmm have I missed something????

Is this just a general invitation for those that fancy playing on the NA servers or is there some official statement that says we are going there and that's that?

Rainbow

General invitation to ease people into Chaos if they desire. Nothing official, nothing guild related, no hidden agenda, just being a good neighbor ;)

Noone cry "Fire!" or "Wolf!", I know nothing that is not posted here (I don't even hang out on IRC), I just know I have met some nice folks from the former EU servers and more recently from Unity, and thought I would make the offer.

-HratLi

Damage :

Lystiga

Sorry, but I dont know shall I laugh or get in anger.
    First, maybe I'm not right but as I know it is not possible for ever ppl to play on
    NA Shards if youliving in Europe. Correct me If I'm wrong.
    Second point, you say you wont steal ppl, but your offer looks like that exactly.
    You are right we have/had problems with GN with stabil Server and some other points
    you surely know if you're reading this Forum, but "stealing" or offering ppl playing on NA Shards
    (if possible) don't really help Unity.
    We loose everyday ppl to EQ2, WoW, and many ppl were waiting for Wish or other Games.
    I criticize many times GN/AE for there bad effort on (Earth) Unity, but I criticize with the hope
    they will see the points and do something for make it better, loosing player to NA Shards
    (again if possible) will close Europe Server and for many ppl who love the World of Istaria
    that will be harm.
    And my last point is that we are a Server with many languages, many englisch speaking ppl, but also many people who feel that there english is not good enough to live/fight on complete english speaking Server.
    So my conclusion is, I think your idea was well meant, but I don't think it would be a good solution.

Greetings
    Lystiga

*agrees with Lystiga*

*ponders how it is possible to join one of the US servers when living in Europe*

To be honest, I don't believe it's possible unless you actually move to the States - and that much I won't do just for a game ;)

The offer is nice, and probably meant that way too - but it is impossible :)
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Growl

After getting very annoyed with GN's management of Horizons I decided to quit and play EQ2. It took me a week to decide that EQ2 wasn't the game for me and that I was missing Horizons. As a matter of principle I wouldn't reactivate my GN account, so I decided to try making an account on the US servers. I got a free trial CD number from the community website and proceeded to create a US account, I used my real country (UK) and address in setting up the account and had no problems.

I am still within the free trial period, and I hope that when the time comes to start billing that everything still works.

The main disadvantage that I have found is the time difference, when I am playing in the evening, it is midday or early afternoon in the US and the only people on tend to be the dedicated, high level players that play almost constantly rather than the low level, casual gamers (which is what I am). So it can be hard to findlow level players to group with.

I am glad that I can still play Horizons and not have to give GN any of my hard earned money.

Cheers,
    Growl

Tharali

Have to agree with Lystiga.

[*-)]I don't know for sure but i think that EU players won't be able to play on NA shards because of the IP region restrictions.
    I started to beta test HZ on an NA Beta server but i had to move to the EU Beta due to those IP region thing. [^o)]Either those former EU buddies you met are in the US atm [ap] or the trial isn't regionally restricted!?
    At least nobody could drag me away from Unity atm because we've got a lot to do... haven't we Lystiga? [;)]

This is the last time I will post on the matter and I will let the matter die peacefully.

I know that Unity folks (the name fits does it not ? [:D] ) are zealous about their servers. Lystiga,I am glad you didnot take this offer as an insult, it was meant in the best manner. This is just an offer from one fan of the game to others. I am not saying switchingis a 'solution', just as a general offer for those who have already donesoand need a hand up.

Heck, come the next few weeks depending on how the US legal system handles it, we might all have the ironic change of circumstance that GN will be the only HZ servers running, and we'll all be opening Unity accounts or have to give up our addictions. (Before anyone jumps all over this... DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION, MERELY A POSSIBILITY) At which point it may come to me coming to you fine folks and asking for a bit of help to get me past sandstone and bronze[8-|]

Once again: I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know that people have come to the NA shards. I don't know how, I didn't ask. IP restructions only work on the small scale where you KNOW all the IP's concerned and can block everything else. If you come over you will face the same problem everyone else faces when coming into a server full of high level folks, no starter gear.Just trying to make a already painful experience (starting all over), less frustrating.

-HratLi

Damage :

Lystiga

*tihi* You're welcome, HratLi *giggles

Lystiga

@Tharali, yes we have much to do and we already have done so much.

In theory the idea might be interesting, yet I am not willing to create a dragon on a NA shard and spend another 5 months to lvl it to the lvl I am now... [^o)]
    GN sux at the moment, but I rather keep my Unity dragon anyways... [H]
    Kinda love him at the moment... [:P]

Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information