Thread: Crafting Forms + Techs, no not what you think.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Crafting Forms + Techs, no not what you think.

An idea to keep crafters awake and actually feel that what they are doing is worth while, my suggestion is that when gathering the raw materials there is a small chance of digging up a form, yes i know it wouldnt make muchs ence atall for trees, wisps and the fabric area but eh bare with me.

The chance of getting one would not have to be big, infact it could be tiny but justthe fact that there is a chance would inspire atleast some to carry on digging!

The form/tech you get could be based on the material/tier resource you are gathering.

sure in some of the areas it doesnt make alot of sence, but does everything in this game? no.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Default Re: Crafting Forms + Techs, no not what you think.

Well that would kinda make since.. perhaps a MOB dropped it? you could expand on the idea for Jewlery also.. Lord knows how many rings and such have slipped off peoples fingers.
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Unless I am terribly mistaken, this was already one of the things to be implemented, but has fallen between the cracks somewhere along the way..
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

I like this idea. I mean, why do maggots carry chucks of clay and slabs of wood?

To give you something to sell to the PB. =)

I've got the beta specs at home, I'll take a look to see if it was something that was talked about before...
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

It was indeed mentioned as a possibility, during the "reward for effort" discussion, I think.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Ahh i didnt realise that this had been brought up before, i had never seen it, sorry.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Crissa

Bringing up an ide that's been mentioned before is not a faux-pas! It in fact shows support for this idea, and that the idea probably follows from some thread of thought.

Smeglor had it on his list of ideas for revising the gathering rewards sequence. There was only luck-warm support for the idea, as many loud voices seemed to prefer not getting any rewards in gathering at all.

Though, I thought it'd be great. Right now I tend to gather from golems and other ents when I'm dealing with a lower tier, as they repop faster than regular nodes... And this gives me a supply of forms and mostly trophies and their reagent drops.

Some variety would be nice, but many people prefer optimization.

-Crissa

Thread Information