Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just In from IRC...

Default Re: Just In from IRC...

part of delta 56 is what went on blight, that part is a new client with lots of fixes. I'm sure there is also a corresponding database update to fix even more, when things happen.

Delta 56 is actually a series of database updates (quest fixes, item fixes, content). What went to Blight was a new client.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

OK, the big question, has delta 56 gone to Blight yet? yes or no... :) how's that for direct question with only two possible answers... :)

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

<AmonGwareth|AE> Seranthor: Fabric Island Cloth shop was forwarded to Smeglor to fix. Delta 56 is not yet on blight.

The Wanderer

A link to the unedited IRC log would be nice.

Just an idea.

What concerns most of us is the appearence of thetotal lack of care on long term issues. NO ONE likes to be kept in the dark, its bad business practice. I for one Want an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT(ie in db of current issues) by AE that Confectioners are Missing 24 Journeyman Level formulas is that asking to much ? Is asking about a missing machine in Irc a reason to be To have A Bunch of JACKBOOTED individuals beat me up. I have bee probably one of the most patient crafters in the game and am waiting for my fixes. Its been a year now. How long Is Reasonable for anyone to be patient? it topok well over 6 months for them to get a few of the resources that should have been put in game at release how long do we have to wait ? AE's customer support website asks for all the information but sadly better then90 %of the time the replies are written like the csr didnt even read the problem how many times have you givent them all the information needed an have them ask for information you already gve them in the report in my case Far to many All im asking is for is Acknowledgement of Issues with out being Jumped on being ignored or being made to fill like I am belittling the game i have grown to love .
    The point im trying to make is it may be acknowledged in IRC but on the Support page No Way.. IS it too hard to put Issues in writing to be looked at by everyone and before i get a jackbooted irc stormtrooper down on my case. I have to keep askink How in the world did dragons ever get a rop?? and why does Something Totally new like AROP have to be added before they Fix old very very long term Issues or is it that im supposed to just sit their and fawn all over the magnificent of a fewself proclamed fanboi/gir advocates I am an active player i report issues i rebort everythin that is an issue so that i can help improve the game People get a grip I have a reason to ask be polite enough to understand that it is a concerne to me Is my right as a paying/playing customer to voice concerns and ask for fixes
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

*hugs*... I hear your rage...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

AE has acknowledged both missing confection (jman and expert) and alchemist forms (expert) many many times. I have seem they say to you they know these things are missing, and have put them on schedule because all you ever seem to do is come in asking about them.
    Confectioner forms are in the works, they are not priority 1, but are being done inbetween the major aRoP updates. That has been stated and relayed many times on the forums.

Perhaps its time to stop continually pushing certain things off and actually step to the front and either fix the CNF issues or admit there is nothing intended and let the lady decide if she truly wants to continue to support HZ. I've read the log, I personally found the actions of a few sorely lacking I'll withhold the names so the powers dont accuse me of slander or attacking people. Repeated acknowledgement no longer is satisfactory for some, only positive forward looking action may be acceptable.

Ask yourself this, if you continually run the stop sign down the street and cops continually ticket you and you have to go to court how many times is the judge gonna see you before him before he takes drastic action against you? Sure your running the stop sign is only a little thing, you tell the judge you wont do it again, but you do and keep having to go to court.

What you are forgetting is that things take time to do in the programming world. If AE could just do the forms, I'm sure they would.
    You also have to remember that there are certain jobs that are main projects, and certain jobs that are filler work while waiting for other people to catch up, etc. Making forms certainly isn't a full time project, and doesn't multiple people to get done.

You might not like AEs schedule, but since september these forms have been scheduled to be started right about now. They are doing as they said.

Ponder this oh wise one, what kind of outcry would there be at this very moment if AE had neglected to add any armor form above that of 610 as well as left out all the expert armor forms? You'd among others be burning up the forums asking why and WTF andpeople would be protesting... What would be the result if they had left out all the expert tool forms and still capped t4 at 850? The point is AE appears to have failed yet again to follow through with yet another of the loads of promises they have made. I remember when I started playing in April there were statements made 'we'll get the rest of the Jman CNF forms in the game soon'... soon is subjective clearly in this statement, and obviously and repeatedly deprioritized.

I certainly do NOT like AE's schedule because its not even close to what they appear to be capable of or appear to be willing to do.

And knowing positively that delta 56 isn't even on Blight yet, I see no way that it will make it live by Tuesday. Dont forget there is a court hearing on Wednesday.

Dranar

Just saying, I support you AE. You have here a good game (Or well with such potential) And I've been with you for, well, almost a year now (Just a little later in this month would be a year for me).

Things are not perfect, but I do my best to support as I can.

I hope things continue to grow here and look forward to what future may come. :) Things do take time, but you offer dragons, and for me that is rather important, so I'll just be patient.

~Allon / Dranar

Actions speak louder than words ..... the lack thereof speaks volumes

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Ponder this oh wise one, what kind of outcry would there be at this very moment if AE had neglected to add any armor form above that of 610 as well as left out all the expert armor forms? You'd among others be burning up the forums asking why and WTF andpeople would be protesting... What would be the result if they had left out all the expert tool forms and still capped t4 at 850? The point is AE appears to have failed yet again to follow through with yet another of the loads of promises they have made. I remember when I started playing in April there were statements made 'we'll get the rest of the Jman CNF forms in the game soon'... soon is subjective clearly in this statement, and obviously and repeatedly deprioritized.

I certainly do NOT like AE's schedule because its not even close to what they appear to be capable of or appear to be willing to do.

And knowing positively that delta 56 isn't even on Blight yet, I see no way that it will make it live by Tuesday. Dont forget there is a court hearing on Wednesday.

Comparing armor with gruok kebobs is hardly a "fair" comparison. Everybody and his alt needs armor, while I as lvl 66 ranger have yet to buy one single food item.

Confectioner is, as I see it at least, a "fun" class (asopposed to armorer/weaponsmith and other"useful" classes)with little to no real use unless there's some major changes coming.
    Of course it's not great that a whole set of forms is missing, but for me personally it's not an issue I think about, and neither does the two CNF's in my guild. The majority of players have issues of some sort, and AE is, imo, doing the right thing by taking the issues that affect the highest number of players first.

Either way, the way I see it is that the manpower simply isn't there to do all the things wanted and needed.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

How dare you belittle someone else's profession and place yours or others above the needs of theirs. My comparison IS fair AND valid.

One thing you might ponder, how are you going to feel about CNFs if the time comes that they remove passive DP removal? (defined for those not willing to look it up as you will be required to use food). Then come back and tell me that CNFs are just a 'fun' class. How 'fun' is it to work your way to 100 on Jman forms? I can only hope your on my shard and someday need a CNF. I'll get great pleasure to see a CNFtell you to suck it up and snack on a piece of armor or a weapon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    How dare you belittle someone else's profession and place yours or others above the needs of theirs. My comparison IS fair AND valid.

One thing you might ponder, how are you going to feel about CNFs if the time comes that they remove passive DP removal? (defined for those not willing to look it up as you will be required to use food). Then come back and tell me that CNFs are just a 'fun' class. How 'fun' is it to work your way to 100 on Jman forms? I can only hope your on my shard and someday need a CNF. I'll get great pleasure to see a CNFtell you to suck it up and snack on a piece of armor or a weapon instead.

If the passive DP removal is removed, that would be one of the major gameplay changes that would make CNFs a useful class.

My point was that CNF needs a lot more work than just the EXP forms to become a really useful class. Regarding how fun it is to go 100 on jman forms, I've no idea, I wouldn't ever do it myself - you did, you must have had fun while doing it, why else do it? :)

From my experience as of yet, the CNF class is the one with most work and least reward. There's little to no cash in selling food, according to the two CNFs in my guild, and the food rewards so tiny a bonus that most people can't be bothered with using it.

To me, the whole class needs a review, not just the addition of expert forms. Add in wine and ale, change the rewards from the few minutes of DP-removal to 20-30 minutes, maybe even more,instead.

As I see it, CNF is even more broken than dragon and monk - hence the description "fun class". I thought long about going CNF myself, but realized the trouble I'd have wouldn't pay back in anything really useful for my guild.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Thread Information