Thread: MAssive Maple Treants

Default MAssive Maple Treants

What gives, ive been hunting maple treeants for 3 days now and ive seen about 11-12 tops

Default Re: MAssive Maple Treants

some spawn is horrendously slooooooow...it's as bad hunting Ruxus...

I keep finding that odd, I don't go out to the maple much, but when I'm there, there is no shortage of treeants, and I usually end up dark cycloning the ruxus on me when doing elm. I get easily a dozen latching on at times, just an annoyance.

Can't honestly say I have ever had a problem out there either collecting knots..*shrugs*
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Maple treeant spawn on unity is horrible. i went there three times and ran across the field (three different days) and NONE spawned.

Same for Fire Ogres....

Screwed Platinum ogres Spawn....

you know that problem ..
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

same here, as per the maple treant spawn. I flew and walked all over the field this morning and only spotted a few wisps. :/ on Chaos...
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Maples west of Feledan, north of the spiral tower, spawn very slow. Was doing the red leaf quest, took an hour (To kill 5 maple treeants).

Are there any other Maple Treeant spawns?

Guaran

im on the same quest ive taken down 3 now to complete it taken 2 days though

Oh they are there allright...I know from harvesting maple. However, there seem to be several "key" areas where they will spawn and of course you have about a 10 minute wait before they do. If you run across the area you will seldom be near a spawn point long enough to trigger.

So..North of the windmill just east of Sanctuary Bay. On the slope heading towards the windmill. Hang out there.

North and just a bit east of Sanctuary Bay but west of the Essence channeller is a likey spot.

On the road to Tazoon past the burnt out town and then just a bit east is another.

Due north of the woodshed on the Feladan road and east of the burnt out town.

From there you can go further east up the ramp to the second plateau.

And finally on the very northeastern edge of the maples. You can climb the hill here and end up due west of the Harton Valley trade center.

These are the areas I have experianced the larger spawns. In fact,last night on Order they were quite thick at times.

Hope this helps. Just remember,do not just run across. They will seldom spawn unless there is someone else in the area harvesting maples.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

why does it take so long for them to be triggered?
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Not really sure. Somedays when I am harvesting they are there immediately. Other days I can gather almost a disc full of logs before even seeing my first treant. Then they all pop at once! [:'(]

One point. I have noticed very few treants when there is a blight anchor so the monster number cap may have some weight here.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Well I got to say I was levelling my carpenter and building with maple. Was in the field for a few days and saw no more than 6 treants across the whole maple field from the lumber mill west along the road, in the valley to the north and up the in the hills.

So yes there is a problem with the maple treant spawn on Unity.
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Been collecting Maple for the last 2 days on Unity and the Treeants seem everywhere for me [:(] and believe me I wish with my puny lvl 33 cleric that I didnt see them.

Im collecting from the far west of the fields near Sanctuary Bay btw.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

It seems also to trigger according to how many people are in the area. Wisps and the treants seem to be more affected than other mobs. I bring along my wife's character on follow whenever I go harvesting to get things to spawn. It still takes about 5 minutes to get the spawns going though.You just have to know WHERE they spawn and sit there waiting. Just be ready forsome excitement when all of them 'pop', you have a few seconds to move tothe edge and regroup.But I hear the hunted mobs like Ice/Snow beetlesseem to be spawning faster once started however!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!

no more maple bloody treants

KaniS

When I was searching for 15 massive maple treants, they seemed to pop in groups of 3 to 6 randomly through the entire maple forest. There was no spot we could just sit and wait for them to appear. We found the first group and they reappeared nearby (but not the same place) about 5-10 mins later. Then we tried waiting at least 30 minutes and they didn't show.

Instead, we flew around an oval shaped area and found them at the following locations:

23041.4, 23496.9
    22947.7, 23676.6
    23861.7, 23686.5
    23842.6, 23897.1
    23619.2, 23501.4
    24308.5, 23354.6
    23076.8, 23814.1
    23268.3, 23526.9
    23364, 23960.9

I would theorize that they are set to spawn randomly throughout this entire area. We made a macro that says:
    /select maple treant sapling
    /select maple treant
    /select massive maple treant

and ran around the area clicking it. It worked pretty well and we got 15 massive treants in a couple hours. We killed saplings and regular treants too to make sure the massives would spawn.

Thread Information