Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is DT overpowered?

Default Re: Is DT overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle
    I have one clarification to make. Dwarven Toughness is NOT invulnerability to all physical damage. I have been damaged several times with it running, includinga nice whopping 5000+ damage one-shot "Kill" attack from the Shadow Dragon (and this was before it was nerfed to not stop magic damage, in case you think it was magic damage). DT is simply +1000 armor for 30 seconds.
    My understanding is that you are posting how DT used to work. It used to give +1000 armor for 30 seconds. However, NOW it instead gives complete invulnerability to all physical attacks for 30 seconds. Your example with the shadow dragon was before the change. If you tried it now, and if the Shadow dragon's kill ability counts as physical damage, you should take no damage. The current version of DT is really much stronger than the version you used against the Shadow DRagon.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

To be brief: No.

In a pure PvE game there is no such thing as an "overpowered racial ability".

I would like to add tho, that some races really need some sort of racial ability comparable to some others. As mentioned many times, especially humans lack much here.
    The Elven Leadership.. the max damage thing definetly doesn't work, the to-hit thing might, not sure there. Fix that and you got a very happy Celenor ^^
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Gymlie getting tossed at the orcs in two towers was image I saw in my mind when thinking of the new Dwarf attack. Seeing that kind of animation, creativity of combat, could really liven up battles. ::Fun Factor::

Guaran

How about leave the dwarfs alone and hook up Half-Giants
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Gymlie getting tossed at the orcs in two towers was image I saw in my mind when thinking of the new Dwarf attack. Seeing that kind of animation, creativity of combat, could really liven up battles. ::Fun Factor::

Guaran
    New half-giant special attack:

Toss Dwarf: Grabs the nearest player character dwarf and tosses it at the targeted monster. Range 40. Delay 10, Recycle 5:00. Does zero damage, but stuns mobs for 5 seconds, radius 8. All affected mobs target the dwarf, not the half-giant.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Just tested out DT on my L3 Dwarven Warrior on Blight.

I attacked a L120 Indestructable Fyakki. He hit me for
    0 Damage each hit the ability was up. So yes, it repels
    all physical damage.

=^.^=

Got Cowbell?

Thread Information