Thread: Ice d questions

Default Ice d questions

I've made 40 levels of Ice discple, some solo, some grouped with friends. Just curious if any one has any tips for soloing? I refuse to do any other classes untill this one is at 100(personal pride and thick headedness in general) So far I have all training point in unarmed and evasion. I am working in Blaskmith till I can go fitter(ok so i had to throw in a crafting class, come one 6 streangth can't cut it, for heaven's sake i pump my dragon up with streangth scales, i know streangth does wonders for damage). Any other ideas?
    Adult lunus 100/39 and still the meanest dragon you'll ever meet, just ask the purple necro flies

Default Re: Ice d questions

Greetings Blooded,
    A few tips and tricks from the more successful IceD's back when there USED to be a few around and from me since I used to be IceD.

1. Health jewelry is key.
    2. Get Handwraps, Parries are GREAT.
    3. Test out Ice Attack when hunting mobs like Golems, since they tend to be crush resistant.
    4. Hunt under your level.

And as you are not multiclassing a healer, your main tactic changes. I really don't know what to say. If you had cleric, how the IceD's worked was basically USE the half dozen roots you have to strategically withdraw from combat, Heal up, and then continue the fight. The mob will still be in 'active combat' mode and won't heal, this gives you the edge over other disciples since you can heal completely without the mob beating on you like the other classes have to do. Your IceFists really won't make up to the damage that FlameD's get, the stunned free hits that Stormies get, or the life leeching that SpiritD's get, nor will IceArmour make that much of a difference. Where they got the edge was being able to stop a mob entirely and heal up, giving you effectively a fresh start on a worn down mob.

Hate to sound bleak, but without multi classing a healing somewhere in there you are missing out on the main strength of the IceD as I understand it. :O Good luck though! Please let us know how it goes! We've been too long without an IceD to sound off on things.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Hmmm after today's hunting session and the 23 death points(15 from another hunt in a group, the rest from soloing) I am starting to agree with you. i just didn't want to do as some one else told me and that get something else as a main and use Ice Disciple as a back up class, thats not why I chose the class to begin with. Any sugestion on the way to level the two classes together, keeping Ice disciple higher?
    Adult lunus 100/39 and still the meanest dragon you'll ever meet, just ask the purple necro flies

Hehe... Don't worry about it too much, if you have it in your head to stay IceD or some sort of Disciple, then no matter which class is 'higher', you can always say you are an IceD ;)

As for levelling strategies, you don't NEED to keep your cleric as high as your main class, Typically, I have a rule of thumb for supporting classes (goes the same for Miner/Gatherer too). You can generally get away with keeping the supporting class one tier under whatever you are doing mainly. For example if you are 40 IceD, I found that generally keeping cleric around 20 to be very helpful, powerful enough to heal you, but not too high to mess with your AR etc...

The REAL test however is seeing if your buffing and healing is helpful for whatever you are hunting. If you are healing for 80 and getting hit for 160 a whack, it's no longer helpful for instance. Also at this rate, you spend most of your time in Disciple mode, and won't be tempted to switch over due to the healer class being soo much more powerful than Disciple.

Besides the revitalizes, Also get yourself a set of Gift of XXX and Raise XXX spells. Every little bit helps ;)

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

True on the girfts, think that is what I shall do. Be nice to fill up my 3 gifts slots(I got the 3rd at 30, hehe reported it as a bug, hopeing i was supose to get it at that level but just in case). And the healing will be nice to have. Thank you very much for the advice.

I can understand not wanting to taint your iced side. but I agree with Hratli. Some cleric or healer levels are a definate advantage.

Health jewel is also good :)
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information