Thread: Today in IRC

Default Today in IRC

<Drevar> Can you add fixing the t5 weapon forms that have been messed up for months?
    <Peaches> chaso is up
    <Peaches> err chaos
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> Drevar: what's up?
    <Lunhilde> Peaches: both spellings work for Chaos
    <Peaches> heh
    <Drevar> some forms still dont have customization options, or missing icons, or even create the wrong weapon
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> Drevar: is there a thread that list them?
    <Drevar> A few still have "New" appended to thier names
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> or a ticket I can look at?
    <Drevar> No thread that I know of

<Peaches> bye folks, gotta go ingame and have some fun fun fun
    <Vandellia> David can we please at least get amb 7 and 8 in game Soon?
    *** Join: Marrek ([email protected])
    *** Mode change "+v Marrek" by ChanServ
    <Drevar> I know there are several. I submitted one myself on the fletching forms
    <Enoeth> see ya
    <Seranthor> careful Drevar, last time they 'fixed' a weapon's tricking they broke the form and still haven't sent the corrected information to live... thats been more than a month ago... if you can make the weapon even w/o tricking count yourself as fortunate.
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> Drevar: can you start one? A known data input error list.
    *** Quit: Peaches (Quit: *Remember that today may have you bested...but tommorow is just beyond the horizon...and new days, bring new hope*)
    <Drevar> Mine was reported as being passed on to dev team and closed
    <Drevar> sure
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> Drevar: if it's in a ticket, then it becomes a change request that can't be closed until it's fixed... but it can get delayed repeatedly.
    <Seranthor> same with mine Drevar, they tell me its 'fixed' and in d56.. but I've yet to see it.
    *** Join: Onnidrah ([email protected])
    <Seranthor> and they did in fact close my ticket with the response of 'its fixed in d56' and they let it go at that.
    <Walter> Sounds like more of a PR than a CR to me David.
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> If it is fixed in Delta 56 then you can check on blight today and Chaos and Order on Thursday.
    <Drevar> Hmm should I start the thread in the Tech Forum or in General..we dont have bug forum
    <David-Delta56ToBlight> Walter: if the cr is assigned to Tango, for example, he will not address it until his current task is complete, or until a natural pause occurs in his current task.
    <AamerKhan|ChaosHerald> thanks for the heads up David, and thanks for all the hard work

From this exchange, I understand a few things...

1. That tickets are still very important to getting a solution to a problem.
    2. That the devs look at board posts to help understand problems players are having.
    3. That things will be fixed as they can be, but according to AE's production schedule.
    4. AND, that delta-56 will most likely be pushed to live on thursday! Woo HOO!

BUT, keep in mind that if any problems crop up, it can be pushed back to next week or further. A working patch is a good patch! [;)]
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Today in IRC

Thanks for the update! [:D]

Now, slap David with a wet trout until he answers Vandelia! [H]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Its not like they havent stated the above in some way or form before, people just dont like to believe them.

and yes, smack him about with a wet trout! Vandellia must get answers!

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

<David-Delta56ToBlight> If it is fixed in Delta 56 then you can check on blight today and Chaos and Order on Thursday.
    So whats been applied to Blight today? Cant find any patch nores around [:(]
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Maintenance on Blight has not yet been done today.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just for the confectioners, here's something that was said prior to the part Aamer posted [:)]

[15:51] <Walter> David-Delta56ToBlight: Where are you with the expert confectioner forms, as well as the rest of the journeyman forms?
    [15:52] <David-Delta56ToBlight> Walter: Manga is assigned that task immediately following completion of the Ancient Rite of Passage.

And in relation to furniture :

[16:11] <Onnidrah> David what about this Structure and Community Customization: We will be initiating systems that allow for the player built furniture, structural modifications and additional environmental modifications by players.
    [16:12] <Onnidrah> what does that look like ?
    [16:13] <David-Delta56ToBlight> Onnidrah: we have the design for that system, and we know how it will coordinate with the existing code and database. In February the coders can begin the work to allow it to happen. When it is done, it will allow crafters to create items such as chairs, tables, desks, paintings, etc...
    [16:13] <David-Delta56ToBlight> other players can buy them and take them home
    [16:13] <David-Delta56ToBlight> and then position them where they desire within structures on their plots.
    [16:13] <Onnidrah> That looks awsome
    [16:14] <David-Delta56ToBlight> The tricky parts are making sure that these objects are not rendered for everyone just running through town,
    [16:14] <David-Delta56ToBlight> and that the interface to allow movement of such objects, adjustment of such objects, is friendly.

Thanky!

Missed that ;)

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Elfie_Elf

Very nice info indeed.. But for Vandellia's question and any concern all cnf have.. Well just have to wait.. Some of our friends have more power then we do unfortunatly..

But things are looking great .. Ya all have a nice day and hoppefully someone will notice that cnf is a well .. or seems to be not as important as some of us might think..

[;)]

I see blight is down for maintenance, any idea when we will get the notes for the hopefully awesome Delta 56? :P
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

If you hang a painting will it gradually slide to one side requiring realignment :P
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

The Wanderer

Nice effort but would be even nicer if the entire IRC log were available.

If you went in IRC, you don't want to read the whole log, that is 2 minutes of info for 24 hours of logs..

Trust me you don't want to read an entire 24 hour IRC log. About 23 hours and 50 minutes of it is just people BS'ing or flaming about whining, exploits and the like.

It isn't set up like the UO House of Commons or various Stratics dev chats where there is a set time period or number of questions that can be asked. It is all spur of the moment if David or the other Devs feel like chatting a bit between meetings or design sessions.

If you can't, for whatever reason, get into IRC you can rest assured that someone will post any particular tasty info here on the boards, whether it be a Mod or one of the regulars.

Drev

Apparently we have not the exclusive in rollbacks [;)]

<Ninereeds> EQ2 still down :(
    <Ninereeds> and all the addicts are lynching sony
    <Seikojin> lol
    <Seikojin> Rawr... Eq2 can eat me IMO
    <Seikojin> it may look fancier, but to me its still the same small character in a big goofy looking world
    <Ninereeds> seems the rollback was a bit further then they thought
    <Seikojin> lol
    <Ninereeds> i lost a lvl :(
    <Seikojin> Ouch
    <Seikojin> Shouldnt play Eq2 :P
    <Ninereeds> ah well, they have said they will compensate with free play time
    <Seikojin> Cool
    <Seikojin> like the good drug dealer they can be
    * Milandra has joined #tazoon
    <Seikojin> give it free to het ya hooked
    <Seikojin> get even
    <Ninereeds> hehe, i`m not addicted, but all these people who just cant live without eq2
    <Seikojin> gnight
    <Seikojin> lol
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

The Wanderer

AAO and Drevar - Not everyone is able to get into IRC, so not having access to the logs blocks any options. Right now it does not matter if the entire log would be worth reading, I can not. Besides everyone should be able to decide for themselves what is worthwhile and what is not.

Drevar - Perhaps you hit on a solution. IRC should be scheduled and announced so arrangements can be made and no one has to worry about a 24 hour log and if it is worth reading. That being said, I have had some generous people supply me with logs at my request and found things of interest put forth by a dev that have not made it to the threads and the logs are weeks old.

For one thing, I don't think the people in IRC would appreciate having everything recorded all day for people to read. IRC isn't hosted on AEs servers, nor is the channel owned by AE. Logs are taken, but they are not open to the public to read, so nobody cares right now.

The reason why IRC works is because there is no set up times, a dev can come in and see whats happening, make comments and ask questions. They can do it on their own time, not at a set time. That whole idea would just plain not work.

The Wanderer

Couple of problems with that theroy. IRC is a public forum that anyone in may record and publish. No privacy is even implied.

Scheduled IRC works very well for several other MMORPGs and other websites, no reason it would not work as well here and improve the current situation.

The fact that there is any discussion on the topic shows that there is a problem with Tulgas/AEs current handling of the situation.

Thread Information