Thread: KNoC Love

Default KNoC Love

KNoC is a great class

Wait let me say that again so you don't start thinking I don't like the KNoC class.

KNoc is a great class

(and here is the but)

But we really need some love on our shield!
    ( I would like to see some on the sword too but It's pretty nice already :) )

The KNoC shield as you go up in levels Dosen't see an increase in it's block ability it remains at +15 Block from Summon Shield I to Summon Shield X.

Crafted Shields not only end up with a higher block bonus but at Tier V the Crafted sheild will have +26 block bonus +20 Armour and a socket for a questarmour crystal like the Darkstaff's Crystal Fragment which is +7 evasion +7 dodge and +20 armour)

At level 80 KNoC shield = +150 armour +150 Eth Armour and +15 block
    The crafted sheild usable at this level is (Fine Cobalt Large Shield) +126 armour +22 block (large shield with t4 block tech) and +16 armour (Armour IV tech) or you can socket it and toss in an armour crystal wich will add +20 armour

At level 90 KNoC you have a shield with is now +174 Armour +174 Ethereal Armour +15 Block.
    The Crafted Shield that you can use is the Large Mithril Shield +150 Armour +26 Block +20 Armour and you can put a socket for an additional +20 armour.

At level 100 KNoC you have a shield at +200 armour +200 ethereal Armour and +15 block.
    but at 99 you can use +174 armour +26 block +20 amour and of course the crystal for 20 more armour.

Ethereal armour is a nice thought, really it is. But having dealt with blood mages and spiritists my level 150, or 174 or 200 Eth Armour is about as useless as fighting a Mithril Golem in your skivies with nothing but your shield for protection.

Not going to happen (well It Can but here is how it works, you use PS, Numbing Haze, Melee Flurry, cast Banish Armour, start the attack with Crit Strike, Cleave, Multi-strike III, flurry hit, PS and pray that you don't miss cause that will kill the golem but if you haven't he will kill you! )

Would it be possible to have the Shield of Creation get a bonus of say +1 block/shield level ending at +25 block that's not too much to ask is it?
    +2 per level would be more to my liking that would end us at +45 block which might seem a bit high but I think it's in line with the KNoC class as sword and shield is what we are all about!

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Default Re: KNoC Love

Its a good thought, I have a bi-ped that wants to become a KNoC.
    From what i'v heard it's a good class, with good damage, 2 slots cann be filled with abilities, so no need to buy a sword and shield to keep up with your lvl.
    The sword seems to be equal or higher than the teched/socketed sword of its tier, but the shield seems a bit of a put-downer.
    That etheral block is helpful, but the whole point of etheral is to go thru armour so i suppose less block/more etheral isn't as helpful as more block/less etheral. Every creature can be blocked, but hardly any use etheral, so the latter would be helpful, block bonus really helps to have.
    Tchyrizel; Adult Dragon
    Follower of the Lunus path
    A Gifted member of the Chaos community
    Proud Istarian
    52 adv / 35 cra

Fiko

Default Re: KNoC Love

I think there should be level based quests to aquire bonuses to the shield and sword. It wassuggested in another threadhow there should be quests you can do to add block bonus or extra armor to the shield and parry or damage kickers to the sword. The aim of the bonuses added would be to keep them more in line with player craftable items(Not very impressive gifts from our godess if any old dwarf with a smithing hammer can out-do the base armor with a crafted shield). I agree that the 200 ethereal armor is negligible when fighting high end spiritist or bloodmage types. That being said.....

I love KNoC

Fiko

Thread Information