Thread: Crashing.

DarkMojo

Default Crashing.

First off, I'd like to say hello to the community. I have been playing HZ for a little over a week now, started on a live server, but always wind up on test servers wherever I go. Testing is my nature! (AO -Official Bug Hunter Team-, UO, DAOC, EQ, SWG, and a few others that never made it to market.)

I would like to join the community here on Blight, but am having some issues - that I cant seem to find any where else on the boards. I don't have this issue when logging into live. I get to the log in screen, after the manifest requests when it states it is Recieving Character Generation Initiazation it sits there for a couple seconds then CTD each and every time. I figured after the maintenance, I would try again and perhaps something may have change, nope still the same thing. I've tried doing the full scan at log-in but all it does is delete Pekkas, have tried logging in with and without Pekkas MP, but it doesnt seem to be the issue as I get the same results regardless.

Comp Specs:
    P4 3g
    1G Kingston DDR2 (PC2-4300) RAM
    NVidia Geforce PCIx GT 256M onboard
    DirectX 9.0c
    (Not sure if any other hardware specs are needed)

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

D~M

Calinor

Default Re: Crashing.

Tried logging in on Blight now that the servers are down and I'm getting the exact same problem.

Any news on this?

therealfatone

Me three on that.

This is when you are trying to make a new character on Blight or play an existing one or both?

Mine is for a new character.

DarkMojo

Only happening when creating a new character for me, I dont have any exsisting characters on blight.

D~M

DarkMojo

Update: If I delete the local forlder, and the blight_Player folder((in Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs directory))(both are empty).
    I can get to the screen with racial selections, I can -see- the selection menu, but it is inoperable. The graphics for the human race (since it is the only one that highlights in the race selection menu obviously due to it being the defualt selection) Never appear, nor do the graphics behind the models, a black screen with a race selection menu =)

Everytime I delete those two folders I can get that far, then it CTDs right back the way it had been doing. If I only delete either/or of the folders, then I still get stuck at the "Recieving Character Generation Initialization" screen and CTDs. Of course not deleting them still results in the same.

Anyword from somene in the "Know"? Does anyone with that certain know even read these boards? :D

Again any help is appreciated.

D~M

therealfatone

Well, at least it's a problem on AE's end and not my PC. THought I was gonna have to format again.

bigputz

I'd try getting a message to Illyist if I were you. That would be the person to help with blight issues usually. Probably ask for your logs and such too so you might want to check that those are enabled.

Its being Investigated

DarkMojo

Is there any word or ETA on this issue yet?

Desidarius

Well, at least now I know it isn't just me. I've been crashing on the create new character on the test server for over two weeks now (been trying every few days).

Mine isn't actually crashing on the initialization part, right after the initialization text something else pops on at the bottom just before it crashes. It goes too fast for me to read though.

edit: Saw the patch on blight message so I decided to try again, still not working

Staff :: Developer

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, and very sorry for the problem.

Yes, there is a crash right now on Blight in character creation for everyone that tries.

I've already gotten logs to the Programmer, so don't need to collect any more, but I have no work-around for this. We'll patch out a new client as soon as we have one put together with the fix for this in it.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Thread Information