Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the people that play Horizons

Default To the people that play Horizons

What do you like the most about the game?
    Bite the Kitty!!

Default Re: To the people that play Horizons

Hard to chose from Crafting,Dragons, and friends. but...friends
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

You come here as one from the Hz-Ranter-Board and ask that?
    Oh dear, I bet you are interested in that question hm? :P

Horizons Empire

Archion13

When i'm able to log in i'll let you know. Right now the only thing i like is seeing jessica simpson in a skimpy outfit on my desktop everytime Horizon's Crashes.

Thats what i like.

Carmen

Quote Originally Posted by Archion13
    When i'm able to log in i'll let you know. Right now the only thing i like is seeing jessica simpson in a skimpy outfit on my desktop everytime Horizon's Crashes.

Thats what i like.

Carmen
    Hmmm that does sound rather yummy...........

and yes I would really like to know what keeps people playing this game. The friends thing is all fine and dandy but can't you have that in any game?

I just want to know what makes HZ stand out for you that enjoy it.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Lockwood

For me it's the versatility...

if adventuring gets boring, switch classes, if it gets boring again, go craft, if that gets boring....again, switch classes

Which is probably why I've been playing for months and my highest level is 34...

[:D]

The people that actually play the game and not the people that leave and are the kind of guys needing to spite about it everywhere, the crafting part of course, the graphics, never seen before ice and snow that looks so natural and changes color with the sun on it, beautiful sky, natural looking npc/chars that breath, move their ears and don't look like wax or have that grey-shade as in eq2 for example or are such comic like as in WoW, multiclassing, teching of items (not as crafting but as equippment options I have), events that really change something in the world and not only the "wew it run past me and we killed it, now back to the same world", plots in the country side and not in a special zone, not instanced areas or zones but a world that feels like a world ... how about that for a start ...
    You don't like it, go, but stop stirring the whole thing again and again, its not that I ask again and again why you like desert number 1 still ... *rolleyes*

Horizons Empire

Had some good answers there TH, some I agree with, but ya sound a bit bitter.

Everything ok?
    Bite the Kitty!!

Ok then dragons.Being able to mature into a huge beast that may look fierce while fighting but looks beautiful and graceful while flying.
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

Keeper of Souls

dragons, and just about all of the stuff that TH said

Archion13

I'd love to play. But i can't log in, so i resort to bitching and moaning.

carmen

I love the game for the friends I have made, the flighted dragons, and the versatility. I can play a dragon, a biped, and do anything I please. The crafting here on this world, is wonderfull! Graphics, and realistic scenery are amazing.

I had to take a break from the game a while ago to take care of family business, and this game has haunted my dreams every nite. Obviously, I will be back, and instead of one of the leading crafters, Ill be one of the trailing ones! Hrm... Kind of like RL. I also like the game, because it makes it difficult for PL'ers.

I have been hoping that AE will be able to continue with this game and be successful at it. That is from a business standpoint and from a player standpoint.

Hope this answers your question.

Well, I personally enjoy the crafting. well, when i did play, i enjoyed the crafting. Mining. Disppointment still gets me though. I miss my dragon terribly, I want to come back and fly! I miss flying all over the place.

A lotof what has been already listed is why I play as well, I also love the ability to cast spells while wearing armor and wielding a sword. [:D]

Soulfyre

Hmm.. well dragons first of course. I love their colors and animations.

The people. Horizons has one of the most friendly and mature populations I have seen so far in a game. Of course every game has some bad ones too.

Flying with my dragon. Istaria is even more beautiful from above. The world detail is amazing in so many places.

The character models. They look more real than most games ( though the hair could use help ). Not blocky or toonish. Not like WoW where they look like mutated overexaggerated he-man toys. Donkey eared elves with moth antenna eyebrows? Enormous feet on everything? EQ2 models all have the "dunce" expression on their faces and those hairstyles.. what were they smoking? The world's just been through a cataclysm, no one is wearin' more than rags..but everyone managed to pack their hair gel and hair spray!!

Crafting, where you actually feel like your character isa crafter going out to gather. Not "run to vendor, purchase 20 stacks of something, run to machine, click for endless mind numbing hours, return to vendor, rinse, repeat" UGH!

The music. Yes I like the music. Too many games out there don't bother making good music for them. I guess they assume everyone who plays will simply shut it off and turn on something else, and most probably do. But I'd rather not have to. It's all about immersion I guess.

Atmosphere will always draw me to a game first before mechanics, powergaming and loots. I can deal with or avoid a few bugs here and there. I can't avoid looking at that god awful mutant clan of night elves standing in front of me and you can only ignore so many d00ds and rude people before you are totally disgusted.

Nope,I am not a care bear or a fanboi. I don't go around nuzzling people.In fact if someone did come up to do so, the glare they got would stop them cold! Only Rilramar is allowed to do that. =P I'm a cynical pessimist quite often. But I have a low tolerance for ignorance and ugly things.. and Horizons has less of that than most.

Rhaiannon

#1 No zone lines
    #2 overall great graphics
    #3 Flying
    #4 Dragons
    #5 no zone lines
    #6 no instanced zones
    #7 great crafting system
    #8 fun combat
    #9 no zone lines
    #10 great detail in terrain

Did i mention no zone lines?[H]

[*]the community and all friends ingame[*]my dwarf [A][*]crafting[*]building (if we get our plots up and running again here in EU)[/list]

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Rilramar

ooo :: pounce nuzzles Kalysovan, her mate ::

Like Kaly said, this world of Istaria offers us more than others. At the very least starting with dragons. There is so much more though when willing to look. I am sorry for those that are experienceing difficulties getting into the game. The only time I have felt the wrath of the transport error is if I typo my login or try and get onto Blight while it is down.

I love the little things in the game...the gorgeous blue glow of lapis, the shimmer of the new metalic golem skins....fields of grass when i turn on clutter. Yes I do turn on clutter everyso often even though my computer cannot handle alot (AMD 1.2 512 ram and geforce fx5200 128). I am still fascinated by dragons blinking, silly as that may be.

The lore, when you look for and find it is wonderful. I hear that is mainly because of dragons RoP, I have not searched on a biped yet. However, I see in the NPC list on the community site, many NPC's with refrences to gods and battles and ties to others. That says to me that there is an underlying world story and if it isnt readily visible yet..it can and will be.

I often deal with lag on good days I get occasional spurts of 20fps and I am glad. It has not made the game unplayable it has only made me more careful. I have beta tested many games includeing this one. Played EQ for 5 years., but Horizons is where I am staying. Maybe that makes me a fanboi ( err fangrrl? )

I know it isnt perfect there are many things changing and needing change. Isnt that what makes it a living world though? I like that the developers listen..even if some say they arent. Just because they dont try to satisfy everyone doesnt mean they arent hearing. Yes, we pay for the right to enter this world...but it is still their world, their game, their story. We have to find our parts, carve out our niche..like the 'Real World'. This satisfies me, though I know there are a vocal group that this does not. That is also something thought...HZ can be many different games for many different people, and that is amazeing.

Oi...i seem to have gotten carried away on this reply. Anyway...I think HZ is a good game that to me looks to only be getting better. I hope that more can see it..that those with problems can hang in there while it all gets sortted. and er..thanks for listening to me babble

Kraeg

My guildies and lack of anything else available that has yet to catch my interest. I will give WoW and EQ2 a try but highly doubt the "culture" will suit my gameplay. If anything, the only game that has a chance to pull me away is WISH.

Slil

I could go on and on about the game and why I play and enjoy it everyday and look forward to getting on it. The people the adittudes most of the time are mature and fun to be around. The ones that wine and cheese and complain do not last and I am happy for that.

Have you ever gone to the stone working tents with your dragon and bounced on the tarp or to the bolts of fabric that are on the spool machine areas and played with them? Have you ever watched a dragon fly the ripple in the wings and the tones as they glide and fly? Have you touched a tree branch and watched the leaves russle? The attention to detail is just amazing and wows me everyday. I enjoy finding the next thing I have not seen and going back to the things I love the most.

Crafting bi-peds and dragons is just fantastic. The house structures are coming along and are so much fun and exciting. Yes even the auction system got my heart a pumping and the excitment built as I waited.

I wait with excitment for the next new thing the new patchs the new monsters. Sometimes I get bored and I just jump on an alt and start to play and a spark rekindles and I can not put them down. I look forward to getting home to see how my friends are. Yes you can get this almost anywhere but they are here and I am here and that is what really matters.

I have been in gaming community for a very long time I met my husband 12 years ago on a MuD and I am blessed each day. This game reminds me of the simple times before the hussle and bussle of the RL world that I deal with everyday. I can do what I like I can be who I like I can RP all I like and it never seems to amaze me to know end.

The Dynamics I remember releasing the races the great wars on the towns. Freeing the cities, building the mines, holding off the blight.

I can go on and on ..
    Thank you HZ and everyone that put there hearts into this great game. You are all doing a fantastic job. [Y]

Thread Information