Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the people that play Horizons

Default Re: To the people that play Horizons

I would have to say dragons and the fact that the game is soloable.
    All the other games out there force you to group in order to lvl, which is the reason I always stop playing those games before I get really high lvl. I find it extremely annoying to have to spend 2 hrs just trying to find a good group so I can lvl.
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Syrith_Ice

Some of the things I really like -

weapon tricking - not everyone has to have the same weapon - especially wooden ones - anyone for an elegant weapon rather than a chair leg. <Would be nice to have armour tricking in too>

No Zones - I've been playing EQ2 beta <the NDAhad beenlifted now> and frankly the constant zoning is really annoying - oh and the appalling lag.

The variety - mobs, crafts, adventure schools, landscape, character classes

Dragons - even tho I still haven't got round to starting one I love seeing Dragons

My Friends - I?ve made a lot of good friends here and even tho some have left I am still in contact with them

Crafting - it must have taken a lot of thought to get that many craft classes going and the variety of stuff you can make is just great. Having to go out and craft - collect raw material to make things so much better than just going to an NPC and buying it

Loot - the fact that every piece of loot is useful to someone. It always annoyed me in DAOC that loot was mostly just rubbish.

The progress the game has made since going live. I am atm not happy atthe current situation on patches and the state of shards, BUT since the game went live it has had more patches and changes and solution and "fixes" than any other MMORPG I have played, and that?s a fair number. I think AE and GN should be congratulated for the efforts they have made. The only problem I see is if the current problems are not resolved soon us fickle players will leave because memories are short and not being able to play the full potential of the game is very frustrating.

arioch

Crafting

Blue_Moonrider

Well, I would have to say most of what keeps me here is the crafting and ability to build my adventurer classes anyway I want them without any fear of *gimping* or loss to my toon except time I put into the levels. Also, the people here are a notch above the rest and tend not to be as petty and immature as other mmrpgs I have played.
    On top of things, HZ has (I guess had is a better word at this point but maybe it will come back soon) more content updates than other games. I think the best way to describe it is that even the issues that crop up in updating the game and all the sometimes annoying changes that are made I still feel a sense of progress.

Thread Information