Thread: Picking on little shamans

Default Picking on little shamans

I hunted in the WD some times lately and i notice an odd thing.

I am mostly in a group where i am one of the lower levels, but not the only around that level (62 now). At the beginning of the hunt, most aggro goes to the meat shields and pullers and i get aggro if i hit my lightening storm too early, fair enough.

then wraith overseer and aegror groups start spawning around the group, guess who their target is.... Aye its me

my position doesnt matter. If my group is inbetween the spawning group and me, then the mobs just ignore them, walk over them to me and try to hit me. I have not hit any of those mobs at that time. And i will not because the only thing i can do is to start running rounds, pulling the mobs with me and wait till my group has taken over the aggro. Then i turn around and try to get some revenge on the remaining mobs.

When the group travels deeper in the wd and the spawn increase there is not much left for me to do. I run around with mobs on my tale, i have to run else i die. But running around aggros mobs that were just standing out of range so i get a nice polonaise (is that english?, its like a carnaval parade) behind me. If i aggro casters then i die most of the time, my group is already busy killing mobs. And the other thing is that i loot dead mobs, after looting a couple of bodies i can start to run again. Casting will only get me more aggro. (hm, maybe i should heal some then...)

I think its great that the mobs have some intelligence, but i dont think i am the one that they should be scared of, yet :).
    I can do nice damage with my aoe spells, have some nice debuffs and heals, but i dont think a lower level shaman keeps a player group going, other players are more vital to the group.

I am not saying that i should get no aggro, but it is very tiersome if you see an aegror group spawning and you know the first thing you have to do is run, no matter who is around you.

On the other hand, maybe they just like to pick on little gnomes.

So a little warning to the WA: "Beware, mes almost smart enough to cast biggest boom there is, and me will put that boom on your heads if yous keep pickin' on mes"
    *giggles*

Default Re: Picking on little shamans

it's not that they are scared of you its that higher lvl mobs seen to like to get the lower lvl chars first.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

ok, but its almost always me who gets the aggro, not the lvl ~40 dragon that needs ectoplasm

gopher65

I don't really know the answer to this, but here are my personal observations (not necessarily correct of course):

- Mobs target the person who hits them first
    - Mobs target the person closest to them when they aggro or are themselves attacked
    - Mobs attack low levels
    - Mobs attack the person doing the most damage *** most common ***
    - Mobs never attack Rangers because we are so uber. They just run. Cause thats all they can really do now isn't it?

Brambles

Right after the merge this was a massive problem, and there was a huge outcry over how frustrating and annoying it was. However nowdays it seems to be much better.

One of the devs stated back then that it wasn't intentional and that a monster with no current target (ie, no one damaged it yet), would pick somoene nearby, usually with the lowest or highest biote ID.. I can't remember which. Not a very good system, I hope it's been changed to something more logical, else yes, the newest created players would be targetted first.

Standing 1m on the safe side of the groups tanks wouldn't do much at all, but standing 30m on the safe side, would... how close are you standing?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I don't really know the answer to this, but here are my personal observations (not necessarily correct of course):

- Mobs target the person who hits them first
    - Mobs target the person closest to them when they aggro or are themselves attacked
    - Mobs attack low levels
    - Mobs attack the person doing the most damage *** most common ***
    - Mobs never attack Rangers because we are so uber. They just run. Cause thats all they can really do now isn't it?
    One thing to add on here is that mobs will (WA mobs in particular) attack one that has healing capabilities.

I've noticed this as when cleaning out the Blight mobs from the Anchors and before anybody has done anything (i.e. attacked, debuffed, healed, etc.) besides 'body-pulling', the mobs will be attracted to me (since I'm in Healer form).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

how close are you standing?

doesnt matter where i stand, just in spell range while melee players are at their toes gives me the aggro too

but i went from lvl 31 armor to lvl 51 armor yesterday evening, i guess i will be able to stand my ground a bit better now, at least cast a patch o' brambles at them and not die

I don`t know whether it is still the case but I seem to remember that if the mob is hit with dispirit foe or foes then they initially targeted the lowest level char until they received significant damage from someone else. Well at least that was the case with marrows.
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

It is very nice and safe for me to go hunting with Sibbe. I just stand there I stand, the monsters ignores me, drinks some Feladan wine, tickle me ears, watching the gnome run around in circles, checks the bow, drink some more wine, taking out an arrow from the cauger, clean my nails with it, watching the gnome running aroud in circles, attacking. Its like taking a walk in a nice park. *smiles*

All guilds should have their own lvl 60 Gnome. Very convinient. *grins*
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

oooh, yous meany. But mes get you back if yous open 'the' bottle
    *giggles*

I think its a attempt to keep low level player out of high lvl mob areas by having all teh mobs kill them.

" No purple flies for you"
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

I think Dragon's must be right about gnomes being tasty. I also seem to draw an unusually high amount of agro in groups.[:O] Plus adds do tend to attack healing classes 1st as a default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    It is very nice and safe for me to go hunting with Sibbe. I just stand there I stand, the monsters ignores me, drinks some Feladan wine, tickle me ears, watching the gnome run around in circles, checks the bow, drink some more wine, taking out an arrow from the cauger, clean my nails with it, watching the gnome running aroud in circles, attacking. Its like taking a walk in a nice park. *smiles*

All guilds should have their own lvl 60 Gnome. Very convinient. *grins*
    [:^)]Doesn't sound like you help the group at all... This may be why you remain unagroed as you are a non-factor to the WA. [:P]

Well, the WA are just doing the same as we do, when we get attacked by a group with a shaman. Take the shaman down first. A single shaman candeal devastating damage to the whole group (stuns, debuffs,...), and it looks like they know this as well [:P]
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

theurgist

I bet whoever was pulling was using a non-damaging spell. (Most commonly dispirit foe). If you pull with ranged damage, then in most cases you'll get aggro. This worked pretty well with the pre-merge golems, spiders and lower WA that used to be outside Aug.

*Slaps the Elf and tells him to stop fiddling with his ears whilst poor Sibbe is running a circular marathon.*

*winks*

Rainbow

Flin

[;)]
    I have noticed that if I pull with dispirit foe I get agro'd, but the first person to hit the mob besides me will get the agro off me.

If I pull with my teched Shocking blast.. ( which I like to do).. I will be able to hold the agro for a bit.

If I pull with Withered state, which I have teched with Blight Poison and Damage it seems to be very hard for a level 100 player to get agro away from me , this is with my 79 Shaman..

It's not just Shamans that have this happen to them. My poor little25th levelMage has had not 1, not 2, but 4 meat blights run *past* alevel 50+ berzerker and alevel 12 warrior to attack her. A little later, the same character, then level 30, had 3 flame wolves run past a level 70+ Paladin and a level 70+ reaver. It is for this reason that she is now a battle mage. Maybe with some better armor, she'll survive. :P
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

Thats cos you are a powerful threat Danna ... and as such a target ... learn crowd control [8-|]
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    Thats cos you are a powerful threat Danna ... and as such a target ... learn crowd control [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-15.gif[/img]
    Me? A powerful threat? ROFL! I could hit them... when I used Perfect Spell. I could do damage... barely. Nah. I just think they like picking on the weaklings.

Danna Firesoul
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

Thread Information