Thread: A need in the community...

Default A need in the community...

...or maybe just a view from the cheap seats

I have noticed lately that crafters are still having difficulty getting forms and techs. The reason I have taken more notice than I usually do is simple. I want/need new armor, jewelry and spells. Whats holding me back? It aint coin, I have plenty. It aint comps, gathered or bought. Its lack of forms and/or techs in the hands of the high lvl crafters to make the items to my specifications. And I would bet the farm, I AM NOT ALONE!

While I am all for selling forms and techs to the highest bidder, I am also beginning to see a need in the community at large, for some of the rarer and more desired forms/techs to be gotten into the hands of the appropriate crafters with all dispatch.

Lately, it seems Focus V, Power V, Health V, Armor V and some others are in the hands of adventurersand not in the hands of the crafters who need them.

With this in mind, I am announcing that as of this moment if I should be fortunate enough to find any of these techs or forms I will GIVE them to the crafter who needs them most. I will determine the need by finding out who already has what and those closest to completing the entire line will be approached first. I already have several people in mind and have even noted names and needs in writing in my handy dandy little notebook.

If said crafters insist on offering coin or services in exchange for the tech/form I will, of course accept. But please, bear in mind IT IS NOT NECESSARY. I am convinced there is an overall need in the community for better gear and I will do what I can to alleiviate this situation.

Bear mind though, this DOES NOT mean I'm gonna give away every form I find. Only those that appear to be NEEDED most to benefit the community.

I have compiled the following list of what I think are rare and highly sought after forms/tech:

Focus V
    Power V
    Armor V
    Health V
    Flame V

I hope this list will be expanded somewhat.

Lastly, I would ask this: If anyone else also sees this need as I do, I would ask that they also work to hook up some crafters with the techs and forms they need. At this point I dont think there is an armorer or a jeweler with all the important T5 techs. Those of us who would use this gear, need it badly. And we need it with T5 techs.

I think its time that we put aside personal gain to a degree and work to improve the community as a whole.

Kwinn

Order Server

Dog: The other white meat
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: A need in the community...

unfortunalty you have to look at it from adv side too they need alot of moeny for comps for to tech items and unless they are a high lvl crafter that can make money crafting and sellin to pb they need to ask for payment to get there equipment made. I would like all the techs if i could get them but i also see the need for some of the prices on them.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Yes, its very hard to get those forms that you speak of, but I am very patient and one day, they will rain upon me. heh

I wasnt talking about every adventurer donating Jayle. Just those of us who are financially stable. I would guess there are a few that fit that category, me included.

Kwinn
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

something to do with the cute kittens perhaps?

i see your point though, i need lvl 61 armour but im not far off lvl 71 armour (a few levels) ineed my armour to hair tier IV techs but ill not get them as i cant afford the comps or are able to hunt for them, i have instead a handed down set of lvl 71 armour with tier 3 techs from anotehr pally but otherwise id be screwed

Personally I don't mind paying for a tech that I need. I do however mind paying 3g for a tech I need. *buzzer sounds* Nope, sorry, ain't gonna happen. I understand that the adventurers need money for components. But to say they need 15g for them by selling every nice tech they get for 3g each is a little overboard. But until I find a tech, or I can get it at a reasonable price, then this lvl 100 jeweler is basically out of service. How depressing is it to have someone send me a tell, and I have to tell them "No, I can't make, no that either, no I don't have that tech.... Ok, I'm sorry I couldn't help."? Very. But, I do realize it's not all the adventurer's faults either. A lot of crafters out there go crazy with the bidding, and who could blame a person selling the tech, when all they do is sit back and watch 2 very determined bidders go for each others throats. Until techs become more common and all the rich crafters have their techs, us little guys will just have to stand on the sidelines and wait, and pray we findthem when we go hunting.
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

Enlil Huyuk

I agree. I believe alot of the problem stems from the fact that many of the people who eagerly bought up many of the sought after techs early on have since left Horizons, taking the knowledge out of the community. It also seems that alot of high level crafters with desired techs simply do not have the time (or energy, desire, etc) to fill the current need. After an adventurer gets even one of the "big techs" as a drop, they're usually left with enough coin to gather the comps they need for their armor, so I don't see the harm in giving away techs to crafters most likely to use them to benefit the community. Plus, it never hurts to get on the good side of crafters. [;)]

gopher65

ok here is the problem with that:). You donate those techs to all the high lvl crafters in need. Then memyselfandI get lucky on the satyr islands and get Focus V. I'm poor. Currently 250s. I yell out "WTS: Focus V" marketplace. Since a few rich adventures like yourself have given that tech to all the high lvl crafters, here would be my response "5s. 6s.... .... .... 6 silver going once. Twice. Sold".

Then of course I go to buy my new armor/jewlery/spells with my 6s. Opps. Techs will cost me 10 gold. Maybe you have that much; I don't. Even if I don't get my armor teched I will have trouble affording it.

There has to be some give and take between adventures and crafters. Otherwise the money flows in one direction and stays there. Personally I would like to see more crafters paying for protection out in the mithril fields. They complain about being hammered by mobs while crafting, but won't pay for a bodyguard.

Boryon

The original poster's point is very valid.

After a long haul farming cash, I finally bought all the comps needed for my enchanter set. I found a jeweller who could make the jewellery and a tailor to make the odd bits of armour (mask, shoulderpads, gloves). I eventually found a spellcrafter who could make me two of the four tools I needed. I have not been able to find a tinkerer to make the cargo gear (or the other 2 tools)!

There is no shortage of tinkerers with the skill to triple tech a cargo tunic, but there is a lack of tinkerers with the requisite set of techs. I have found one who can make the boots. That is it.

My current 'best bet' is to wait for the tailor who made the odd bits of armour to level up as a tinkerer, it is that bad.

Boryon

I would caution any adventurer in GIVING away rare techs to a crafter. We had several high lvl crafters on Chaos-- Tailor, Armorer, Spellcrafter, etc. who were given a lot of techs by players or who were able to buy techs or trade them for reasonable prices. Then EQ2 and WoW came out, and they're gone. This certainly caused a bit of rancor in the donating players' minds. Then the onus falls on the next highest crafter to start collecting the techs, and the pressure is on again.

It's hard to figure out who's gonna be staying around, but it might be best to determine the high lvl crafter's level of satisfaction with HZ before piling on the techs to a crafter.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

Well, I'm neither leaving HZ, nor am I going to be playing EQ2 or WoW... I'm here for the long haul unless something RL comes up. Eventually I'll be making t5 stuff, but not quite yet. I can however, make almost anything t4 in the game, except food.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Well, in response to Digita's post, I have to say that I can speak for myself and Bowen (my fiance) as being 2 high lvl crafters who plan on sticking around. I am not asking for free techs for either of us, btw. I know there is a huge hole left by the mass exodus created by the release of WoW and EQ2, and speaking only for myself here (have to get with Bowen for his prices) I work for tips only. I don't have all the tier V techs, but I will do my best to make the pieces you wish with what I have. But please keep in mind, that I am after all only one small dryad, and if I can't or don't feel up to making a set of jewelry at the time, don't come for me with an angry mob and a noose. [:D] Oh, and if no one knows Bowen is an Armorer. [;)]
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

Ok You may want to add one more tech to your list... STR 5

That, and power 5 are the last 2 I need for my set.

I can triple tech all metal armors ingame with T5 techs.

I can apply ALL colors ingame.

And because of the high price of comps for teching, I don't charge to make armor, but will accept tips only. A tip of zero is perfectly fine with me. ;)

*back to building up my t4 set*
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Well I am a weaponsmith just starting to collect techs and they are tough to come by unless they are given to me (happened once ) or i hunt them myself.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Yes, I raised a similar point a while back, although I asked for increased drop rates to solve the same issue.

I would add Speed V (not critical, but always wanted), and the melee equivalents of the casters' list:
    One Hand Slash V
    One Hand Crush V
    Bow V
    Block V
    And perhaps Two Hand Crush and Slash.

In lower demand, but just as important for those who need them are:
    Unarmed V
    Crossbow V
    Nature V

Armor V is an absolute necessity for any armorer/tailor, and if the drop rate of that could be improved it would help.

Currently, I have a list of my techniques over in the Order subforum. Only recently did I get Armor V and Speed V, and I look forward to practicing my craft again, after a hiatus of months.

Edit:1. Similar considerations also apply to jewelers.
    2. Although most who were going to leave have already left, before giving or even selling a critical tech to a crafter, you might want to ask if they intend to remain a good while. We did indeed lose a lot of techs when high level crafters either left or visit very rarely.

I suspect that one reason for their departure, was that even after gathering the techs and forms, at very considerable expense, they still had very few customers, due to the restrictions on the ingredients. And making stuff for people is why we craft, not for the thrill of running, or deconstructing, which is what high level crafting is nowadays.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information