Thread: Plot Farming...

Default Plot Farming...

For the plots that are far from civalization it would be cool to allow them to have famrs, where they could perchas seads that would come from plants. Then there would be different sizes of farms, (Small Garden, Garden, Patch, Field, Farming Field...) the larger the fireld/garden the more blank nods there are that can have seads planted on them.
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Brambles

Default Re: Plot Farming...

I like that idea!

Add a new plot category, (F)arm... RCIF

An F property has access to structures such as wheat fields etc. Permission to harvest the resources is granted based on the property access permissions.

Whee!

I see no reason why only plots in nowhere should be allowed to have farms. But farms you really have to tend (!) would be very neat.
    Farms that are simply a spawn plot you camp and that's it would be as boring as normal gathering, just a shorter way.

Horizons Empire

Yeah, that's why I had the idea of haveing to plant your own seads, Example:

You could use 1 Flax and make a sead out of it? All Schools could use the "Flax Sead" Form, and there would be a Form for all food resources, the form would be like any other, "Tool: n/a
    Exp Needed 0. Skill Neaded 0. Resources Neaded 1. Type of Resource Flax. Resource Neaded 5. Resources Type Water." Something like that, verry simple, but every time you plant something, you must then water the "Resource Slot" in the ground, too make it re-spawn, it would respawn maybe for 10 weks or so, then yo must re-plant.
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Farms would be cool. Would make all those barren plots look much prettier if they had fields on them, or pens with animals etc.

Some suggestions:

1. Gardening - you can position a garden on your plot that creates harvestable resources of an appropriate type and tier.

2. Farms - a large farm tha takes an entire large plot. The farm itself would come with its own NPC who would automatically tend the farm. The benefits of having such a farm could be either:
    (a) the farm would provide the owner of the plot with a steady amount of cash based on size and tier (larger plots and higher tier gives more cash). Once every 2 weeks realtime, the owner would gain a cash infusion of anywhere from 20s to 500s.
    (b) an alernative way of doing it would be instead of a cash infusion, the owner of the farm would periodically receive the harvested crop (placed into the vault). The crop would be a big stack of the appropriate resource being farmed. The owner could then sell the crop at pawnbrokers or use it elsewhere.

3. Random events: would be much more interesting to have some randomness added into the system. Random events would trigger at the time a crop benefit is normally given to the owner. When a crop or garden triggers to give its benefit to the owner the owner is given a detailed text message explaining how the harvest went and what he or she received. If offline when that period comes, this info would be provided at login. Here is how such a system could work:
    50% of the time - garden or farm functions normally: 100% normal benefit
    20% of the time - bad crop: 50% normal benefit
    20% of the time - bountiful crop: 150% normal benefit
    5% of the time - exceptional harvest: 200% normal benefit
    5% of the time - catastrophic crop disease: garden or farm is destroyed. It is reduced to 20% complete status and a crafter must apply the remaining 80% of resource to rebuild the garden or farm.

4. Vulnerable crops: Farms should be vulnerable to withered aegis attack. If a blight wisp comes by it should have a chance to blight the crop making it unusable. It would also be cool if some of the smarter WA mobs might actually actively fire a crop to destroy it. Since farms feed the people, they would be logical targets of WA attacks. Farms should actually have some (small) chance to attract hostile monsters.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Our Guild and many others on Order that have a Guild Plot and therefore a town have empty plots due to low server populations and the exodus of some players to other worlds. it would be nice to see at least one of the empty plots in the towns turned into a farm. If there comes the time where the plot is required for Guild expansion the crops on the plot would be ploughed when the plot is purchased.

An idea anyways.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I like this idea too.

I can finally use all those Copper and Tin seeds I have in my house/tent. [:D]

I know a couple of people who would be solidly behind this idea, myself included [;)]. Maybe instead of a flax seed they could have specific seeds made from the specific types of crops we have in game now ? It would be nice to be able to choose what crops you grow.

Phinius

HEHE

NOW I FOUND A USE FOR MY Marijuana seeds.

HEHE

Thread Information