Thread: My apologies to the Devs...

Default My apologies to the Devs...

Just wanted to apologize to the Devs. When they first mentioned the blighted stuff coming in December, I was upset and didn't like the idea at all, and ranted on it.

But I must say after seeing and looting some of the test swords you added in the last patch, looks like this blighted stuff might turn out interesting.

Hope the armor and scales are as impressive. Some of the new techs on the swords look very sweet.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: My apologies to the Devs...

There is a lesson to be learnt here, by many ^^

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666
    ..and that would be?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

to actually show a little trust and patience with the devs and let them do their work, every once in a while they might suprise us ;)

Let's wait a bit, shall we?

Let us see the distrubution of blighted biped armor pieces, biped jewelry pieces, biped weapons, dragon scale jewelry, and dragon clawsamid the drops.

Then let us see to ensure all biped weapon skills are reflected - 1HS, 1HC, 2HS, 2HC, Bow, Crossbow, etc.

Then let us see how effective certain races and classes are at obtaining these drops.

Then let us see how the auctions will work for distributing said pieces and later formulas and techniques amid the player base.

Then let us see how the crafters and adventurers work together to obtain blighted items - mainly to deconstruct for their cores and craft (hoping for more beneficial effects vs. harmful).

Then let us see how timely AE puts in tier IV, III, II, I, and VIblighted items.

Then let us see if players are smart to NOT scribe such formulas (double click on them in inventory). Another round of "need larger formula books" anyone? When such is a balancing limit to multiple craft schools.

Then let us see what hoard value they have (and lore to hoard them), as this is mainly biped focused content - 10 scale jewelry slots at dragon level 90 (adv or craft) VS. 7 biped jewelry slots (all levels), 12 armor slots, andweapons (hope my math is correct).

I think it istoo early to tell, don't you?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden

Then let us see what hoard value they have (and lore to hoard them), as this is mainly biped focused content - 10 scale jewelry slots at dragon level 90 (adv or craft) VS. 7 biped jewelry slots (all levels), 12 armor slots, andweapons (hope my math is correct).
    Its actually 13 armor slots (you may have forgotten the cape) I also think that Dragons should be upped to20 scale slots (don't know where your going to put them) but they do need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden

Then let us see what hoard value they have ...
    The blighted mithril shortsword I looted had a virtually worthless hoard value of just 504. That's less than the hoard value of a single T5 trophy token. Obviously these weapons are not meant to ever be hoarded.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Logikality
    Its actually 13 armor slots (you may have forgotten the cape) I also think that Dragons should be upped to20 scale slots (don't know where your going to put them) but they do need more.
    Personally, I think it would be a lot simpler, and I a lot happier, if the devs just doubled dragon scales' attribute values. That would help a lot, and would require comparatively little effort on the part of the devs. [G]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Yes, for the devs. Had this content gone in april, or may, and content like it, the player base might not have dwindled to the point that it was nessecary to cut the dev team by more than half and merge the servers thus screwing up the game, hence causing many more players to leave,andcreate the need to FINALLY start adding this content before only the most hardcore HZ addicts remain, if that is not already the case.

As for being patient, well I was. I watched many friends with less patience, 30 at least, leave over the space of 6 months, waiting in vain such content like this to be patched. One guild dwindled from 20 active members to 2, the next, 30 to 3.

I think the horse has already bolted, no need to shut the stable door.

Negative attiudes are sooo fun!

The lesson i was referring to was not the lesson of patience, not to learn to deal with what is infront of you, not to kiss DEV's arses (not saying that anyone is, i just know alot of you are thinking it about certain people = D).

The lesson was simply: Do not ********** about something that you have not even seen in effect,to be able to give a true view point on the idea, when the idea is too vague to tell in the first place. (or atleast something along those lines)

Have your opinions by all means but to "rant" about something that hasnt even happened yet, when you dont know how its going to effect anything for SURE is silly imo.

No, in the proper context, it is perfectly acceptable to poke holes in vague suggestions of ideas. That's how you end up with good ideas at implementation time.

As for those who complained about this idea in the context of "why are you adding new content when so much other content is broken or unfinished?", what lesson is here for them to learn?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

The point is that there is a difference between being constructive and "ranting", the ranting part is what i was focusing on, for people saying that they shouldnt be adding more content until the existing content is fixed...go them. I dont mind hearing different opinions infact i like to hear every viewpoint i can....but there is no need for ranting, that is the "lesson".

For once I agree with you poony. Criticising content long before it is even added is immature, although I don't recall ever doing that.

Oh, two more . . .

Then let us see how the monsters becometougher as characters (mainly biped ones) slowly outfit themselves with blighted items having mostly beneficial techs (due to luck of the drop or in crafting). This means dragon characters will be at more of a disadvantage (again, fewer item slots).

Then let us see when biped weapons and likely shields willbecome dyable as blighted items are dyable.

Again, new content, but mainly biped focused as long-term dragon issues remain unresolved.

The blighted items content has a lot of potential, but its timing and priority is what is frustrating. AE has a history of adding content without thinking long term. I am only projecting the impact of blighted items based mainly on the drop only content of Expert formulas and tier IV/V techniques. Well, unless you consider if fun raising 300 sp to buy an Expert formula from Nadia (I thought they were cheaper before the servermerge, but pre-merge the Bitter Pickle monsters dropped a lot of coin).

Do we want new content (that tends to be broken or breaks old content) or fixes?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Logikality wrote: Its actually 13 armor slots (you may have forgotten the cape) I also think that Dragons should be upped to20 scale slots (don't know where your going to put them) but they do need more.
    Personally, I think it would be a lot simpler, and I a lot happier, if the devs just doubled dragon scales' attribute values. That would help a lot, and would require comparatively little effort on the part of the devs.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-51.gif[/img]
    Doubling the attributes values would be nice, but on the other side, maybe another idea:
    1) Scales with standard armor addition:
    Wouldn't it be better to give the dragon scales as a standard +10 armor for tier1 and +50 armor for tier5 and beside that the choice for the other attribute...
    Maybe a combination of +50 strenght or +50 armor in 1 scale might be interesting... right?
    Or for the armor lovers... +50 standard base armor on an armor scale making it +100 armor...
    Or dumping the armor scales all together and only keeping the strenght, dexterity, focus, power and health...
    2) Allowing Armor scales be teched with armor tech and simular for strenght, dexterity, ect.

Point 1 might be more work for the devs, but more realistic in my eyes...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy

Doubling the attributes values would be nice, but on the other side, maybe another idea:
    1) Scales with standard armor addition:
    Wouldn't it be better to give the dragon scales as a standard +10 armor for tier1 and +50 armor for tier5 and beside that the choice for the other attribute...
    Maybe a combination of +50 strenght or +50 armor in 1 scale might be interesting... right?
    Or for the armor lovers... +50 standard base armor on an armor scale making it +100 armor...
    Or dumping the armor scales all together and only keeping the strenght, dexterity, focus, power and health...
    2) Allowing Armor scales be teched with armor tech and simular for strenght, dexterity, ect.

Point 1 might be more work for the devs, but more realistic in my eyes...
    I'd have to go with dump the armor scales and add an armor value to all the other scales. Something like +5 per tier and still allow armor tech for those that really want the armor boost. Doubling the values for attributes would be a bit much I think.

Thread Information