Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Where Oh Where Have Tier IV Teachs Gone?

Default Oh Where Oh Where Have Tier IV Teachs Gone?

Okay..we tried ice beetles,flame beetles,fire beetles,jade golems,topaz golems,opal golems,obsidian golems,shadow tarantulas,enduring fiyakki,flame wolves,fiery dire wolves, oastics of various stripes, icey dire wolves...practically everything across the top half of the map from Morning Light to the WD and...............

NOT ONE Tech...Tier IV or otherwise. I seldom see any Tier IV being sold but there are many,many Vs on auction or connies. So where are the Tier IV Techs? If they are out of the game presently please tell us so I can do other things. Inquiring minds want to know!

So even a small hint? Please?

Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Default Re: Oh Where Oh Where Have Tier IV Teachs Gone?

I have only found 2 - on a Flame beetle and a Shadow spider hatchling. No Expert formulas though.

Good question though, and perhaps one more skilled/efficient atkilling tier IV monsters than my dragon is ( :: laughs :: )can post an answer.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I always thought the reason there are not much tier 4 techs around is that tier 5 mobs are hunted more for loot and xp, I almost never hunted in WD. No idea if thats true though.

Well, I have gotten 5 tier IV techs and 3 journeyman forms off of tier IV critters...I got some from topaz golems, some from Cobalt golems, one from a lava Oastic...I gave one away and scribed the rest...I spent a good many hours killing tier IV golems and such as a druid, and have since moved on to tier V mobs...I think the main problem is that so many people are killing tier V mobs, and most of the newer people aren't even to tier III yet, so there are very few people out farming tier IV mobs for techs like tier V mobs are...

Perhaps if Tier V mobs would drop both Tier IV and V techs, this problem would be alleviated...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Well the sad part is I am in desperate need of Tier 4 techs and currently have more 5s then 4s. Three days worth of hunting yielded nothing. Perhaps the drop rate needs to be tweaked? I do not know...
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    I think the main problem is that so many people are killing tier V mobs, and most of the newer people aren't even to tier III yet, so there are very few people out farming tier IV mobs for techs like tier V mobs are...
    I think this it in a nutshell. As to drop rate I find over10 T5forms for every T5tech found so the rate is very low IMO.

This is another problem stemming from the tech distribution changes. I much preferred the way tiers I-III are done.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

As everyone and his mother is hunting T5/T6 mobs only ...where should they come from ?
    At least on unity they still drop (foundtwotonight)

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    I think the main problem is that so many people are killing tier V mobs, and most of the newer people aren't even to tier III yet, so there are very few people out farming tier IV mobs for techs like tier V mobs are...
    Some of us are not new, but perhaps in the spirit of community effort, some players can apply their effective combine farming skills to loot then auction/consign tier IV techniques.

It would be a break from tier V monsters and grinding levels.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

At the moment its an economic factor, if the price for t4's goes higher than the price for t5's than you'll start seeing more t4's
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Charlson

Honestly tho, why would the price ever go higher than the tier V version. I for one would rather get the tier V's anyway even tho some I can't apply yet or use. I'd rather get a few more levels to get use the V anyway. Tier IV right now is more of a novelty than anything. Most that can go from tier III techs to tech V.

I thought that mobs were sposed to drop items of their respective tier, and the one below..?

Currently I have 72 V techs scribed, opposed to 13 IV techs. I hope those figures somewhat justify the need of IV techs in Istaria.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

i got a tier 4 tech off a flame pygmy, or was it a flame ogre tonight, it was one of the two, we killed too many at one time to be sure which one. i think it was a defense: primal ward iv i think.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

i actually want an armour set with tier IV techs on it but its simply not worth the hunting for tier IV techs or components, i ahve an old teched tier 3 armour set with the techs i require upon it, so i may as well jsut wait till tier V is available to me

the people before me who used it were satisfied with it before the addition of tiers IV and V

but there are simply not enough tier IV techs dropping at all

Since the last update I noticed that drop rates were stealth nerfed... ive hunted hundreds of mobs maybe thousands and tech drops seem so minimal..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Flin

[:@]
    I agree with Frons, it appears the drop rate was nerfed for T5 techs, and the T4 techs were already rarer than T5.

Last night from several hours of farming in WD for techs we ended up with 3 that I know of, quite a few journeyman forms were dropped. The only tech I got worth keeping was a Quarrying IV.

Yes, I expect T4 techs to be more expensive than T5 tech.. for many reasons.

gopher65

I've only ever had 1 tier IV tech drop:(. And I have killed cra... Truckloads of Tier IV mobs.[A]

Brambles

With everyone levelling to 10 seasons in new brommel, then 11-100 on Elnath with their guild, it's no wonder there's no T4 techs around :>

Maybe they nerfed the t5drop rates because of the spider/fyakki/necrofly mass-farming? Last I heard, there was alwayssomeone there, hunting them. The "master a new class in a day" types, usually.
    Ashtoreth, Order

With everyone levelling to 10 seasons in new brommel, then 11-100 on Elnath with their guild, it's no wonder there's no T4 techs around :>
    They wait so much on your shard? In mine some begin at level 2.

Level 2 to 100/100/100/100/100 and all in a single 10 x 10 m area. SO FUN! [li]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information