Thread: For a change of pace, post positives

Default For a change of pace, post positives

Most of the time, when something positive gets posted here, it will invariably get hijacked, or at the very least, be used as an opportunity to highlite issues players may be having.

Even though there are real problems that need to be addressed, many of us are still here, still playing, still having fun.

I want to try an experiment.

For a change of pace Please, ONLY post what you LOVE about Horizons here.

PLEASE... Let's keep this thread on track from the start.

To start, I love the crafting here. I still love to fight too many mobs and survive with almost no health left. I still get nervous exploring areas with lvl 120 mobs roaming about.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: For a change of pace, post positives

I'll play along:

I love my dragon. She soars through the skies, finds a cowering creature, and then dives in for the kill.

I also just recently discovered construction. Been doing a lot of building over in Penza on Order shard. Nice way to spend an evening after a grueling day at work.

Oh, and I love the vexator mob models. Some of the coolest looking mobs I've seen in a game.

How's that Aamer!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Very nice indeed!

( I love the vexators too! )
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Well, I've been here as long as Aamer has - so there are plenty of things I have enjoyed along the way. I'm not going to argue with anyone about why I enjoy these things, as that is not the point of the thread. I can only hope that it stays on track.

Most important of all, I've always enjoyed the crafting. Whether it was just pure leveling, or completing quests for tokens to buy myself formulas, or getting drowned in tells at logon by people wanting gear. I even enjoyed doing oak/cotton premerge and running around the wolves - and avoiding the AoP at the maple trees. I was stuck at lvl20 adventure for a long time and sneaking around while crafting made things enjoyable. I've always enjoyed the fact that I can make useful gear for folks - in UO it was just a time sink that I only ever used for myself. My early days crafting & trading gear for tech components to get by were quite memorable.

Construction is great - solo building my plot pre-merge really kept me going. I still build a lot, but I no longer solo build sinceI joined a guild. I always thought the concept was great too - if you wish to advertise then you can pick a job like being a armourer, if you don't then do construction since people just leave money for you.

Adventuring I didn't do much of until just recently. A lot of the mobs are quite easy to kill, especially golems. But if I want a challenge I'll group up and kill WA mobs or perhaps wolves with some friends - great spawn and great fun too. Far, far easier than it was back when we used to be impressed by anyone who had the patience to get to lvl90.

I don't even mind the vielo - gives you a good choice- be patient & work for your items or pay AE lots to give it to you. With all the money dumped in the system by the PB, a money sink of some sort is necessary. With the levels of some folks, one cannot coexist without the other. I wouldn't call it 'fun' by any means, but it is necessary and thus a positive.

For the most part I enjoy the entire game - I guess that's why I'm still playing. Mind you, that's not to say I don't get *very* frustrated by the lag, bugs, downtime and crashes.[:D] When that happens, I just go do something else.

I still haven't even touched on the great community either...

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

Really scattered things.

The moon. The clouds. The music. Before it was turned off, the ocean. Hope we get it back soon. The Spiral city, and the ruinedobservatory area. If Ruxus mountain was left unchanged by the merge, that too.

The towers. Mage, Summoners', nature, etc.

The interface. Guild Support. My guild, and again, the community.

Vexators already mentioned, so Kwellen. And the satyrs, dryads, SARIS, and above all Dragons. And helping on the RoP.

The Satyr events. The Dryad event super-monsters, with super drops. The frozen waterfalls in the Great Northern Rift. The frozen waterfalls on Shepherds' mtn. The Abandoned island.

The rainbow bridge, and the two new bridges to lava and ice islands
    Being asked to join anchor duty. Unalloyed mithril.

The realization that I have probably forgotten several things, and will have to edit this.

Edit: Gnomes. And thosesnowballs. Just great to see some of the old humor back. And Fireworks.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Dwarven women
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

I still get a thrill every time I log on my dragon.

I still love to log in and grind away a few levels of whatever craftingclass. It's regular, predictable and you know how it will go. You move from tier to tier consistantly using the same steps. It's pretty relaxing in a pochinko kinda way.

Like Guinness, I was stuck at level 25 for about half a year (for those of you that remember my ill fated attempt at being an Ice Disciple). Then started adventuring a little just pre-merger as a Spirit Disciple. Recently I've started doing more of that as a healer. I am enjoying being a healer since I can really pump out the hitpoints. It's still a thrill getting new abilities every 2 levels even though I'm always in my cargo jammies.

Being a monk I never really missed the extra armour. I recently helped a Guildie out with some cobalt, and took on Isotope, the named Cobalt Golem in my cotton jammies. He about peed himself when he saw me aggro it saying: "It's in my way, it has to go". I live for moments like that.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I "love" my guildmates and friends most of all, especially the ones who go out of their way to roleplay and spend time with me.

I love being a Dragon, despite hating every moment of the purgatory imposed on me in this "world".

I like the music and some of the eye candy.

I like the concept behind the user interface and the concept of the crafting system (since I was involved in the design of one similar to it for a LARP).

I honestly can't think of anything else positive to say about the game.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

The user interface is top rate - easily modifiable with editable hotkeys.

The dragon sounds we do have - mainly flapping of wings while flying.

The pretty areas - New Vess waterfall. So I need to find these frozen waterfalls.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

The interface.
    The crafting.
    The open multiclassing system.
    To see an adult dragon fly.
    To see a dryad in armor that looks like it's made for dolls and thinking "how the heck did the dwarven smith make that, and isn't it really a tink's job?"
    The community.
    The landscape - as many have mentioned nice places, I'll just add the Ice fortress to it.
    The "WOW!" from a newbie - and the *rrrrrr*-feeling you get yourself - when you fire Dark Cyclone.
    Spell effects in general.

And dozens of other things I've probably forgotten.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

-above all being a dragon andthe freedom of flight. the ablility to land in some back nook n' cranny to hunt mobs.

-the scenery is really nicewhen yer able to max out settings at a high resolution

-spell effects in general...that dark cyclone is just simply the bomb...oh and love lightning bolts that streak down from the sky above

-the crafting system is super...never in any other game did i care to craft but i did a 180 with HZ...i was 100 craft at lv62 or something dragon. its a good feelin to able to craft "all" the things yer friends need.

-the player community is top notch ;-)

-a game that has/will utilize world events

-the concept of the WA, dynamic blight etc

-ownin plots and construction actually means something in this game, not just an eyecandy apartment u rent

-i enjoy combat as a helian dragon quite a bit, love to AE mobs...aegrors and their gang of flies in particular ;)

-did i mention the freedom of flight? when we can carry nakas u will understand if uve never had the opprotunity on yer own or friends dragon =)

-multiclassing in both adv and craftin schools and the unreal number of items that can be madewith the tech combinations therein.

-the marketplace...a place where bidding really does occur. fun to watch and take part in sometimes

-interface is astounding..love the versility

-and above all, my friends on chaos...yall make it worthwhile. /bow

Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

I enjoy the crafting, especially Confectioner with all its varied components. Multiclassing is also fun, being able to provide my own components for Alchemy and Tinkering is great.

I love the way combat looks, love all the special moves made by my spearman and my flame disciple. Really has a good feel to it, which is not what I can say after watching trailers from some other games.

Hmmmmm...what I enjoy...

I think what I enjoy the most obviously is spending time playing the game with my GF and our friends and guildies.

I enjoy building our plots up helping create a town of our own, which is our contribution to the community on the warfront.

I enjoy hearing that well-earned *ding* for either my GF, my Guildies or myself from all the hard work we put in...crafting, construction or adventure *ding*s are all wonderful [;)]

I enjoy exploring new lands, finding new creature spawns or even new resource spawns.

I enjoy achieving the chosen prestige classes of my newbie alts.

I enjoy heated battles and sometimes even the well-earned dps associated with them. There is no rush like an edge of your seat battle which you may or may not win [:D]. It definitely gets the adrenaline kickin' [;)]

Altair

Well Since we are keeping the Negs out I only have one thing I find enjoyable in the game and really the only thing keeping me here.

My Guildmates

Altair Argannon
    EOI

Raak2

I've played MMORPG's for a long time, The first was the The Realm. Beta Tested and Played EQ for 5 Years. I beta tested Horizons and have played since. I don't think there are any negatives, just annoyances. Horizons will grow andimprove.

I love:

Playing a Dragon
    Flight
    Crafting
    Community Building
    Huge Amount of Content added since start and haven't had to pay for an expansion yet (Yes, compared to other MMORPGs at start)
    Multi-Classing
    Grouping (with no level restriction)
    Soloing Multiple Creatures
    The NON-camp environment
    The interface - multiple bars of macro'able buttons, I haveten 8D

Thread Information