Thread: Extremly easy mobs and uuber hard mobs... Bug or feature?

Default Extremly easy mobs and uuber hard mobs... Bug or feature?

:o
    I have noticed in the last few months that many monsters are either really easy or impossible to fight for your level...

Like a lvl 20 Malachite golem is solo-able, yet a lvl 20 small grass beetle is not...

Now the above example isnt the best (beetles have the hard shell ability, making them rather invincible for a lvl 20 player) but it exsists on all levels of play...

Magots of low level, say lvl 6 are far easier than a undead warrior at lvl 6...

On the high end we have necro flies and middle end undead... Necro flies are really easy and middle end undead are really hard... For say a lvl 35 player...

This is one of two big issues I see...

The other big issue here is player vs mob lvls... As a lvl 20 player you cannot fight lvl 20 mobs unless you have completly tech'd gear, abilities, and have buffs... Or you are lvl 20 in all classes, and then your not fighting at lvl 20 anymore, your fighting around 30-35... And even then, youll need all teched and buffs to handle those, and most likely die...

These I believe are problems that need some level of addressing... Let us know you see this, or let us know why it is this way...

If you need more examples or info, let me know :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Default Re: Extremly easy mobs and uuber hard mobs... Bug or feature?

I agree, maybe its both a bug and a feature [;)], but which ever it is it needs to be addressed. I noticed with my 69 paladin that I can solo 66-71 lvl topaz golems easily, but if a fight a 60 lvl ice golem or undead, I may just end up dead because it is a very tough battle.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

gopher65

This is a feature.

Beetles (for example) are highly resistant to certain types of attacks. A scout, ELAR, Xbowman, or Spearman would find it almost impossible to solo this mob. Even Beetles far below their lvl would likely kill them, as beetles have ultra high resistance to "pierce" type weapons.

Some mobs are highly resistant to crush, pierce, or slash damage (sometimes all three). Some (like shadow spiders) have such incredibly high evasion that a character that doesn't get 10 weapon skill and 10 dexterity per turn will have a lot of trouble hitting them at same lvl. Shadow spiders also get huge magic evasion, making it almost impossible for a same lvl toon to hit them with spells.

Treants are nearly completely resistant to nature damage dished out by a same lvl character. Stone golems are highly resisant to fire damage (possibly energy too, I don't recall).

The point is that not all classes are capable of killing all mobs. And certain mobs, like Satyr island WA mobs, are heavily multiclassed. They are unkillable by any (non-multiclassed)character of the same lvl.

:o
    I know about this... I am talking about a lvl 70 rating 70... Killing lvl 100/rating 100 mobs, solo...

This i wouldnt mind, but it should apply across the board... This particular event was a crush cleric fighting a emerald golem...

I feel if an emerald golem can be destroyed by someone 20 levels lower, than the lvl 6 ones should be able to be handled by a lvl 2 or 3 cleric as well, but they arent... Damages should be proportionally different, but they usually aren't...

Lets also say Grulets on the training island versus grulets near sslanis... Same mob, same levels, but the sslanis ones are alot harder...

You can say its training island versus normal island... But why have it that way? Wouldnt it be more benificial to have the ones on the training island be just as hard? Same with the undead... The ones on the training island are a cackewalk compared to their counterparts on the mainland...

Next thing youll see is training blight anchors, spawning lvl 1 undead, heheheh... (I like the idea someone put up)... :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

It was stated after the merge that now mobs had resistances it would not be everyone can fight everything you would need to pick your fights.

The reason a level 70 cleric can kill a level 100 emerald golem? by level 70 you have 6 heals 3 t4's and 3 t5's excluding instant heal you also have cobalt scale and a decent shield if you are worth your salt.

The heaps of healing and armour makes a cleric a good tank. At level 2 or 3 you have 1 heal and lighter armour.

Training islands (unless it has changed) have guroks they are not the same as grulets which have higher evasion and a form of rage if memory serves.

Mobs on training island are old world and weaker than the mainland
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

gopher65

er... you don't have tier V spells at lvl 70. 4 tier IV and2 Tier III (major health IV has (770 life), Health IV has 720 life, and Improved Revitalize IV has 700 life. If you didn't use any TP in life you will have I believe 700 life at lvl 70. So you can use Improved rev IV, but not the other two).

Thread Information