Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request to GN

Default Request to GN

This morning i wanted to login aroud 6.50AM, on the login site there was no notice about any maintenance going to be done 31-12-2004.

Is it so hard to post a message about when you are planning maintenance?

2 and a half hours after you guys started you posted you were doing maintenance.

Would it be possible to post the day before you are planning maintenance when you are planning it?

Please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Request to GN

YES

and please do it like the NA Servers

they have only 1 maintance per week!!!

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=32777

Darn right Sun!
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Every week the same. Maintenance is wednesday and friday, has been like that for a looong time already (but a post when the maintenance start would be nice yes)

i rather have 2 maintenances per week then the american 1 maintenance, so we get a more stable and cleaner database

It´s not only the maintenance but also when we have patches. This is something you can do in 5 min, and even if it would take 15 min atleast we would know and this would also create more respect towards GN. Atleast this would be in my case I won´t talk on others count.

yup, thats exspecially bad for new players, because they don`t see their characters, but the server-state shows, that the server is online ...

Make it like in NA, when there is Maintenance, don`t let the characters disappear, the should still be their but grey, and they shouldnt be linked and behind them should stand that they are offline sth [Maintenance] or [offline]
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

MMAI_ice

And we didn't ask this for the first time....

Sometimes there are messages, sometimes nothing. Seems like it's depending upon whoever has "maintenance" duty at GN.

Together with the faulty event picture, the big banner that points to the non existent Tazoon board, the server notification that is always "online", and about a dozen links that never got updated about your toon's stories and such, it all adds up to the lack of professionalism you would expect of a company like GN.

I agree whit 1 down time a week 2 is just to much,

btw when does the support gonna reply mine Tickets?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Hehe, yesterday i was online to see the actual ingame message "Unity is going down for maintainance in 15 mins" this was around 5:15 ish i think..
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

The server just came up and is offline again.

But yes MMAI you got a point about what you just mentioned. How long ago did tazoon go down?

Dark_Phoenix

Is it normal i still cannot connect????
    If the maintenance started at6:00 AM, it shall be a great patch LOL....
    No really i don't understand....

Came up around 9.15 here, but since then been getting a transport error due to the authentication server(s) being down ?

Am I the only 1 ?
    A few adv classes with more to get

Crafting very little, ( Blacksmith 100 )

Why craft when you can kill !

The NA Servers are stable with 1 Maintance

but GN saves money by providing us a unsufficient Server / DB i fear

btw is Luca still alive?

GN should take their job more serious. Give a student a 100 EUR Job with admin right on the login page, he will inform us better than atm

It´s now 11.40AM and now as the Forum is saying that i am reacting to a message that was posted 3AM

Still no word as we already are used to.

Well there goes my hope for lvl 100 Mason this year

If i don´t see you lot in game anymore today then I would like to wish you all ( AE, GN, all others behind the scene of Hz and ofcourse the communities of both NA as European servers) a wonderfull and healthy new year

One hopes that due to the longer downtime then Wednesday that they are patching the latest changes from the US servers.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Today, with some surprise, I found that my attitude towards hz has changed -- instead of frustration because of unexpected bugs, crashes, downtimes (and of course no info whatsoever about what is going on) I have seriously turned around my way of looking at things. From anger and dispair, bitterness and (occasional) dark humor I turned -- to hopeful expectation!

From now on, I treat hz like a lottery -- more often than not, you draw a blank and something prevents you from enjoying the fruit of your efforts. Thats how it is in a lottery. If I look at it that way, I get less aggravated and the moment hz is really online (not only pretending to be so on the login page) I experience a surge of joy and know I have drawn a winning ticket...

Yep -- normalcy is a matter of definition...[:|]

snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Snowy

Wow GN made it again
    Maintance = all went worse!
    Looting = 10 minutes each monster
    Crafting = waiting 5 min for preview...

Happy new year with Problems

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

The EU players voted several months ago to have 2 maintenances a week as sundays became unplayable with just one maintenance. Luca gave us the option of 1 or 2, we voted 2. Believe me its much better than the old option of 1.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra
    The EU players voted several months ago to have 2 maintenances a week as sundays became unplayable with just one maintenance. Luca gave us the option of 1 or 2, we voted 2. Believe me its much better than the old option of 1.
    Aye
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Yes, in the ancient times we had 1 maintenance... and ALWAYS all broke and crashed at Friday prime time or Saturday prime time.

At least not we have a dim hope to play in the week ends.

Unlike in NA we don't have a more or less continuous monitoring of the shard status.
    "Better safe than sorry". And of sorrowness we had wagons already with just 1 reboot.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information