Thread: Blacksmith Trainer Bug

Default Blacksmith Trainer Bug

Ever since I hit 92 in blacksmithing I have been unable to get any blacksmith to give me a level-oriented task. I have now hit level 95 in smithing and still cannot get a blacksmith trainer to grant me a task. When I click on the link, the trainer just smiles and waves (though the other two links in the text work).

Though certainly not a gamestopper, it has become quite irritating as trainers were my primary, if not only, source of journeyman tokens, and I'm down to my last 10.

Please help devs!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Blacksmith Trainer Bug

I'm lvl 100 Blksmith, and if I remember, I'll check if the trainers give me quests (when the servers come back up).

One thing to check: Are you standing close enough to the NPC(s)? Often if you're not 'in range' of the NPC and greet them, they will just do the actions (Like the smiling and waving you noted).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Another thing to check, is that you do not have any trainer tasks open for ANY other classes (in your quest list). Sometimes at certain levels I had enchanter tasks and Jeweler tasks 'block' one another as if I had a task open. Good luck!

hehe... I havn't seen a token in months because I have gatherer, miner, and all the construction classes as primary classes. Not since the bug where enchanters finally gave us tokens in addition to the paltry 500c for 35 bright orbs ;p

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Hmm, they look good to me in the database. What specific blacksmith trainer(s) have you tried?

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've gone to the blacksmith trainers in Aughundell and Mahagra with no luck. I'll hit all the other ones today and update this thread with any news when I do.

And yes, I've always stood right next to the trainers when talking to them. And no, I haven't had any other trainer tasks open when I've spoken to the blacksmith trainers.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Okay, I have discovered the problem. The Blacksmith trainers maintain a list of quests for every 10 levels. The level 90-101 (yes, I know that is 12 levels - heheh) group has no quests in it, even though there were three on the "books". I've corrected it internally and it should patch with Delta59.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon! [:D]

Thread Information