Thread: The one thing that i havent seen in this game yet

keltic

Default The one thing that i havent seen in this game yet

the one thing that i havent seen in this game as of yet is large group hunting. i was wondering if it would be possible to for a large group and say go into the east or west dead lands and have some fun. the biggest group i have been in yet had 20 ppl. i dont know how much bigger they get but its worth a try. would anyone be intrested in getting a few guilds together for some massive carnage?[:P]

Default Re: The one thing that i havent seen in this game yet

First, you haven't been in a 20-person "group", technically, as the "group" limit is 10 people. This makes multiple-group hunting parties a little problematic, as you have to build out each group with certain types of characters (healers, especially) to make sure that group doesn't get tooled.

Secondly, when you get lots and lots of players in the same area fighting lots of mobs, the game has a nastyy tendency to lag out very badly, and even the largest groups will get whacked. In fact, the bigger they are, the worse the problem gets.

Thus, there is a "sweet spot:", and I think about 15-20 people is about the biggest hunting party I want to be in.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

gopher65

Yeah. Case in point: the Aug attacks. 150-200 people. Many many people got booted (including the dev that was running the event). I got booted 8 times before I finally got ticked off enough togive up.

Auril

Usually, 5-10 is the ideal. I would say with two tanks, 3 healers types, and 3 caster typesa group is complete. Its just my point of view though. Any larger groups, gatherings is considered a smaller army in my eyes. I wish, this would be possible in Horizons, big armies against the aegis, taking over cities and territories, but, in that case we have to expect the same from the enemy. This would mean, random attacks on settlements, taking over resources, towns, and killing npcs. Horizons is not about a war like that. In Horizons we take over the land piece by piece, slowly (as much as the devs let us), and the aegis takes back piece by piece (as much as the devs want them).
    Personally I like the slow pace, makes time for roleplaying :)

And there is the lag. But wont go into that now.

/Auril

Thread Information