Thread: Today it rained golems

Default Today it rained golems

I was going to spend a quiet day in Istaria. Earned enough, killed enough to upgrade two pieces of armor. Oh happy cub.

Went to pick up a little mithril, out at Wolf's (excuse the language) Paw. No mithril up top, peer into that first canyon on the right. Lotsa mith down there, and no golems. Disguised asweakling healer today, so that matters. Drop down into canyon, start whacking on a lode. At LEAST 8 golems materialize out of the immaterial ether! All around me!. Paws and Whiskers! They are slow to wake, and I Sprint. They materialize all around me as I run down the canyon! And Hurl great Chunks! Especially that Mhedon fellow. I barely escaped with my life, and not enough mithril ore for even two pieces of armor!

I think it is important to realize that not one spawn system fits all. Mobile Resource Pods (aka guards) should spawn such that they give the crafter a little something to think about, but no more. The crafters must be able to gather. Monsters hunted for secreted treasures and experience should spawn much more freely. The spawn system has in general been improving. Two or three days ago I saw several redbacked spiders while anchor hunting. That's an improvement. But the mith golem spawns today need to be tweaked back quite a bit.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: Today it rained golems

Hmm... From what I have seen over the last few weeks your experience is typical. Either you find NOTHING in terms of golems for the entire duration of your crafting run (2-3 hours), or suddenly within 2-3 minutes you are surrounded by up to dozen guards. All at once.

It happened yesterday night as a matter of fact. I mined granite for a good 2 hours, not a single golem in sight. Went to help with an anchor in the Marbles, nothing, 2 golems, nothing, (this goes on for 20 minutes so I run ahead to look), 6 golems spawn around me, I sprint, 6 spawn in front of me in addition to the ones I am leaving behind, 4 more spawn in front of them , There are so many around me thatthey don't even draw in, just a lot of red name tags. I have well over a dozen trailing behind me hurling chunks of stone, and a group full of adventurers with their mouth agape, I hear off in the distance.. "too many!!"...

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I kind of like the mithril golem spawns. Generally golems now seem to spawn fairly promptly. No need to wait for 5 minutes to get a spawn to appear anymore. Usually 1 minute now seems to be all that is required. As a tier 5 resource mithril should be dangerous to mine. The current spawn is vastly better than it was 2 months ago where there was not a golem in sight.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I agree they spawn well but by the time they render and appear they are almost starting to hit. And they spawn directly on top of you, not at a bit of distance.

I agree that the resource should be defended, but if we were following a realistic scenario, I would land where there are few golems, dig, avoid those that in the mean time are coming to me...

That's a good mechanics.

Instead they spawn and are always onyou, in the truest sense.

Whatever skill or care you had in avoiding mobs, it's voided by them ignoring it and anyway spawing on your feet.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Hmm i heard those "horror stories" before and couldn't quite believe them. Still, even after running around a lot at the marble (Anchor-hunting) and mining at mithril i don't find it to be true ...

Sure, the golems now pop up regularly and numerous, but i always had enough time to react and avoid them if i wanted to. They pop and stay, so you have time to stop picking and run - if you don't want to fight.

Though i must confess - maybe it was just no problem for me as i was warned through postings like this. :)

I was south of CHic last night and finaly found the brighter spider hatchlings. I never found them before because you have to wait for them to spend.
    I think I was running through for some reason and just had to stop, forget why, but point being ... they spawned! About 10 of them right on top of me. I died. Cool. I ate some soup and went back. I would stand at the 'spawn spot' then pull one at a time with my roots.
    Lots of fun then.

Im not sure if like this new spawn system. I mean, the land is totaly bare untill you stop running and wait for monsters to appear. I think it wouldbe cooler if you could see the mobs over the hills and such.

Plus, what about the Scout's 'sense enemies' ability? what can they sense now if there are no mobs until you get right on top of them?!

oh well. Not a big deal. Ive been getting better FPS and Im very happy with that. so, it's good. I guess.

I don't know why the mith golems behaved that way. They havenot done so before, although it has been a few days since I visited there previously.

The marble golem spawn seemed fine, nothing unusual or extraordinary there.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

With this new spawn system I find it impossible to hunt a little below my level, yet at all above my level. I was at the Fire Pygmys this morning, the Platinum Golems a couple of days ago and the Jade Golems before that. The spawn was not only fast but kept interrupting my recalls overburdenning me with thier specials, the Pygmies just swarmed me and stopped my recall attempts.

I tend to spend most my time at the mithril and haven't had any problem with the spawns. Even when they spawn in a group right on top of me, they don't attack immediately, and I always have time to stop action and retreat.

Golems themselves aren't difficult to solo. If you hit one with a ranged attack, the others in the pack never react making pulling them ridiculously easy.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I totally agree this spawn system is STUPID makes game less enjoyable and screws immersion.
    Since the "new"istaria the spawn is really badly done, before you could go hunt and the monsters ould just respawn at steady rate weither they be golems, reas, marrows, WD mobs or whatever, and AT LEAST there was a nice animation and graphical effect to see them spawn, plus they were some in place BEFORE you arrived, and even if they were sometimes all brown textured from a distance you could actually see them.
    Now what do we have ? mobs that dont spawn when no one around, then keep no spawn when you re on then all of a sudden 10 will appear if you stand still, they just appear no noise, no effect nothing. You run 2 times all along a mountain bashing F10 and all of a sudden you are surrounded by "shadows" and the "shadows" hit ******** hard even without textures or polygons.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

The two worst parts about it to me are :

1. I used to like exploring, but unless you KNOW where to stand.. you won't find new monsters to fight. But I guess most folks don't mind since they are all on Elnath and at the flies anyways right?

2. Makes working wisps MISERABLE and there STILL is no residue in Feladan Brights.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information