Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deathpoints penalty

Default Re: Deathpoints penalty

Rather then have more penalty for DPs, just limit XP by a simple level-based formula like:

You only get XP from mobs that are level (2 x your AR)+10 or less. So a raw newbie could 'leech' from groups killing levels 1-12, and by AR 55 you can get XP from mobs up to level 120.

Since this is AR based, people levelling yet another school to 100 will not be affected too much -- level 1 AR 35 could get XP from mobs up to 80.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Nobody has shown how this would attract players to the game, or retain players. Nobody has shown that it would keep players from leaving.

To change one of the game's fundamental qualities at thistime seems foolhardy.

To satisfy a sense of fairness, or retribution, or a need to broadcast one's incredible skills? Not sufficient reasons for me.

One of the reasons I played (and play) Hz was the absence of the Mickey Mouse stuff, like corpse retrieval. MMO's have generally been moving to a lighter death penalty; it's fora reason.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

In "my" HZ this would be done this way:

Leeching: low(rating) chars should get no exp if the highest rated char in the group is 50% above them ... not "active" for lowlevel groups but starting at level/rating ~50-75+ so there is no penalty for a group of .. lets say level 10-16 chars playing together.
    So if you want to help lowlevels to level quicker you could park your lvl 100 healing-toon at their spot and heal from outside to get their speed up with larger pulls but they cant jump into your group and be PLed to high heavens from the start.

Death Penalty: hard to solve this for HZ as the client is not bugfree .. positional problems ... healthbar bugs etc. so even carefull players get some DPs here and there that are engine based and not at the "skill" of the player. ..
    If those problems would not exist .. i would like to see a -x% exp of the current level for a DP and the Death-Penalty in the actual form reduced to max 2 hours maybe...
    The % of exp you lose could be based on your rating ... starting from 1% at level/rating 1 .. up to 10% ofthe actuallevel if you die with rating 100 .... i would not stop there ... should get worse with rating >100 .... for every additional +10 rating those penalty should grow again .. going up to 20 or even 30%.
    But no reverse-leveling .. so if you have 1% in your actual level and die with a 10% exp penalty you will stay at the level and restart with 0%.
    This would be a penalty and nothing to laugh about as it is atm. With ambrosia ingame and the rest of the confectioner stuff it is no problem to get rid of high amounts of DPs in no time. Reduced Statz to 66% for 2 or 3 minutes .. kind of sickness should follow every DP too. But no longer timers if you have more DPs for this. This would not harm crafters if they are adv. lowlevel and have to go into T5 areas and they get DP there as they would only lose skills for 2 or 3 minutes after the DP.
    .. and 3% less Exp per kill with active DPs would be ok as additional penalty beside the exp los at death and get happy confectioners maybe.

My "dream" would be a system where good players get to high levels but die-a-lots have no time to reach those even if they play 24/7.
    The actual "maxlevel for everyone" system (craft and adv) is burning down HZ completly. Crafting at T5 is so fast ... you are not slowed down after T4you get a speedup. 180+ craftrating 200+ adv. rating ... what to do with those players ? AE can´t hold them if their friends can not ... they will leave as there is nothing to do or go for beside helping others or RP or building a plot.
    And lets face it ..many players atm are staying only because there is A: someone with a high rating that is a goal to reach (ego)... B: there is still a class to level up to 100 with some kind of benefit for their "toy" (perfectionists).. statz or abilities or C: they are waiting for other games and only staying here until they are released (allready bored but no clue where to get more fun or waiting for games their guild will hop in completely).
    It is too late to change DP-penaltys or leeching .. the multiclassing-system has killed itself due to too high speed in both craft and adv.-leveling.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Roc has a point. Death penalty influences leeching about as much as a butterfly influences a hurricane.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Vindra
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]bright wrote:

I think that the multiclass system needs to be looked at. no more of this rating stuff. when you choose a school you choose a school thats your school, you dont get any abilities or very few abilities from others. that way mobs can seriously be tonned down, pretty much everyone would have to play as if a pure class, and thus promote grouping since no one can do everything, and in turn this would have people playing like they WERENT GOD.

As soon as that would be implemented, I think 90% of the people left would leave.
    Multischooling is about the only thing that defines HZ from other MMOGs..
    Im not saying get rid of the ability to multiclass, what i am more saying is to instead make it so that you dont multiclass, but can freely change classes. you cannot deny that the multiclass is the whole reason this is even up for discussion. there are so many people that focus strictly on making this ultimate character, and can do so. it leave little reason for people to get to gether and strive to achieve. why should i find a group when i have 100paladin 50 some healer 30 some mage 90 something this ect ect, and have this ultimate character that can slaughter anything and everything it looks at. im not saying that multiclass is bad, believe me im one who seriously benefits from it. i get bored so easily, and with every other game have to start a whole new character, but here i can just change schools. that is a convenient privledge, but it still needs to be restricted.

Bright a lvl 100 Warrior/Healer/Guardian etc.. multiclassed toon is NOT godlike... maybe we get better stats and a few more abilities, but can be killed almost as easy as any other toon.. ok maybe a little harder to kill, but grouping is still a very good thing for healing, damage shields, better damage from a group better survival rate etc..

For example aWarrior or all the mele classes only gets 2 healing spells to use even if you are lvl 100 healer/cleric.. You dont get all the benefits of all the classes, many of the best abilities such as bererker rage is not masterable and can not be used when multiclassing. Same for all the damage shields.

I think the main thing is those who have 3 or more lvl 100 have been in this game so long and learned wich abilities and combinations of abilities and spells are the best to use.

What it all boils down to is at the end of the day i still prefer fighting in a group over solo fightĂ**ng.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Irealise this is a bit off topic. just answering the previous post. will try to stay away from further hi-jacking this tread ;-)
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Thread Information