Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today I ran across my first greifer in Horizons

Default Re: Today I ran across my first greifer in Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Personally I dont really have been bothered by greifers, but I do wanna make my remark about 1 post

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]gusi wrote:
    This is what powerleveling does.

Powered by greed, those who have the be there NOW, w/o questions asked. Those who have to camp places to farm techs/forms/lvls and cause havoc among the 'good' community.

This is how powerfarming(leveling) affects you as an individual and as a community.

I hope a sincere lesson is learnt of this. Both by AE and their player base.

Personally I think that this powerleveling should have extreme penalties...
    Maybe a nice idea what peopleprobably wont like...
    Cancel the accounts of ALL people participating in powerleveling...
    This means Low and High ranking players...

Many people wont like this, but I think it is a total disgrace for the game that some people park themselves at a safe place to get xpnear the lvl 120 Fyakki's and let themself be raised 5-10+ lvls a day by Guildies while he/she is not even behind the computer...

Sometimes I wonder what is worse:
    1) The low ranking players who allow themselves to be leveled this way.
    2) The High ranking players who level the low ranking players in such a way.

In my eyes both have no place in this game or any other online game...
    You got to be joking right? [:P] I doubt if losing 1 customer would appeal to the Horizons team atm. Never mind the hundreds that have participated in powerlevelling whether knowingly or not.

All I can say to this suggestion is.......[:S]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Arebetter

Hmmm I find all these posts about power leveling,greifers and those involved
    most interesting and sad.

What's the difference between a guild hunt,where low levels group with high level
    guildiesto hunt? And those who "power level" a character?
    What's all the anguish about? Because some "toon/twit" made high level faster then we did?

Are we really upset over those who level up fast or because we did not?
    Those that level up via power leveling have a right to be here. Yes,they don't know how to play their other advclasses well. In fact many of them are probably
    "teenie boopers" who want much forlittle effort. Hmm like real life!!

I think the issue here about power leveling isrelated to real life.
    Some will work for what they have,be proud of their achievement.
    Others expect the world on a "silver platter" For thoseI suggest learning that Real life is not an online game.

Sorryfor the ranting of an old fart who loves this game,butI'm tired of all the
    noise,whine and where's the cheese???
    Play HZ,have fun or leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arebetter Ironaxe,chaos server: Palladin 100,Druid 70,cleric 24,warrior 20,spiritist 20,monk 10,mage 10.carpenter,47,bl smith 37,outfitter 27.

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Maybe a nice idea what people probably wont like...
    I really hope you're attempting humor...

If not.. well.. I'd say more but.. not worth it. I am sure someone else will. And I am someone who never powerlevels, can't stand enduring it from either end.. high or low.. and thinks it is horribly lazy. *shrugs*

Use logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfyre

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote:
    Maybe a nice idea what people probably wont like...

I really hope you're attempting humor...

If not.. well.. I'd say more but.. not worth it. I am sure someone else will. And I am someone who never powerlevels, can't stand enduring it from either end.. high or low.. and thinks it is horribly lazy. *shrugs*

Use logic.
    It was a bit much wasnt it?
    I do think that it should have penalties, probably not as hard as my previous post, was in a bad mood probably...

1) In a strange way I understand that people group up with High ranking players when they reach lvl 50-60 and get some help to raise themselves, personally I will not do it (except for killing an anchor sometimes), but I understand why people do that...
    As a dragon to gain reasonable xp I must kill way over my head, mobs10-25 lvl higher then me only give me what I consider nice xp...
    A lvl 65-70 mob gives me about 5000 xp (I think) while a 20+ gives 15k+ xp...
    Killing mobs of my own lvl can be tough, but due to low xp gained it goes very slow to raise my lvl's...

2) But what I cannot accept and find a true disgrace for the game is the real newbies who have been playing for maybe 1 hour until some guild recruiter finds him/her, lures the newbieinto the guild and in record time raised through the lvls...

Number 2is the part that needs penalties not the first, people should be forced to allow a slow increase of lvls to get to learn about the game and were to find certain trainers they might need in their rising to the top...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Totaly agree with you Arebetter and have come to just basicly ignore those who choose to level in that way, used to bug the hell out of me to see players power-leveling but not so much now.

Noobs want to level fast to get the "cool" stuff higher levels bring, which makes sense but its those who make a 'carreer' of power-leveling that to me dont make sense [*-)] I soloed my way to 100 and am trying for 2nd 100, only with this one I'm going slower.........coz theres only so much variety in-game[8-)] which is why PL's just ruin the game for themselves in my mind when they power-level [:^)]

As regards guild hunts with both high & low lvl members, I dont consider that power-leveling as such, least not intentional anyway. It's a guild event with the aim of having a laugh [;)]

Most guilds I know of have thier own guilelines on power-levelinganyhow andalsoadvise thier new members on game 'do's & dont's[Y]

Was fighting on the beach on Algaed a few weeks back, on unity, this one guy kept trying to pull groups of mobs right across where i was.
    Didn;t realise what he was up to, until he did it a few times, then ran across with a bunch and stopped infront of me, I think, hoping I would take the aggro and be killed.

I told him politely, to stay away, he came back, I told him again, less politely to stay away, he tried again. The third time he ran across with a group of mobs, he got killed...lol.
    So I killed all his mobs, and left him to rot.

So any griefers on Unity, please come and 'grief' me, it amuses me no end.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

hehe reminds me of 2 occassions:

1. A group of us were at the marrows and killing masses of them. A little Gnome mage came along and asked if he could group with us. There was no room in the group and we told him this. His reply was "I don`t believe ya". So we said count how many chars are here. To that there was no reply except him casting spells on the mobs we pulled so we moved to a different area. He followed us and did the same again. As most of us were on Gamevoice it was easy to set a trap: We pulled a massive group and 3 of us started casting patch of bramble and roots, we then legged it out of range. We ran back to see the greifer taking hits and trying to recall. Needless to say he died where he stood and we proceeded to killl the mobs [;)]

2. We were at the giant flame/fire beetles a couple of months l8r and guess what.....Yup you got it, the same greifer appeared and started hitting on the mobs we pulled again. This time we pulled a real big group and tricked him into thinking we were hitting on them. We were just casting heals whilst they hit us and he hit them. Obviously the aggro turned onto him and in seconds he was running for his life. we l8r found him lying on his back just by the unfinished tunnel near the fiery wolves [;)]

From that moment on we never saw him again [6]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

aye, one born every minute they say...

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Say bye bye to dragon farming and power leeching your levels

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=39609#39609
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Good riddance to the multi XP bonus...while quite a giggle at 1st, it has had a detrimental effect on the game.

Dragon farming?

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Corelleon

Another griefer - Selune. She did it to us tonight and 2 weeks ago. We asked her to stop and she was very rude. Tonight she denied ever doing it and was rude again. Too bad for her , screenshots of our convo have been sent in. I hope action is taken.
    She steals kills, pulls mobs on people and has a rude attitude.
    She tried mobbing us tonight but laughably she almost died and they never attacked us. I am hoping this is something the dev's added to stop players from pulling mobs on people.

At least nice to know that some Greifers die... [H]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Moking
    Dragon farming?
    Likely another name for what Vahrokh saw on Unity. It is rather easy for a player to level his/her dragon (AFK or not) as the others earn the group XP. Hatchlings don't belong on Elnath (well, unless they are level 80+).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

ahhh, k.

Shaw el Shadai Moking

Quote Originally Posted by Corelleon
    Another griefer - Selune. She did it to us tonight and 2 weeks ago. We asked her to stop and she was very rude. Tonight she denied ever doing it and was rude again. Too bad for her , screenshots of our convo have been sent in. I hope action is taken.
    She steals kills, pulls mobs on people and has a rude attitude.
    She tried mobbing us tonight but laughably she almost died and they never attacked us. I am hoping this is something the dev's added to stop players from pulling mobs on people.

:o
    I remember the first time this happened I was with one of the groups. It was interesting indeed. Selune was rude and so were a few others. The first group was pulling purple necroflies and were doing 3 or 4 at a time. When our group would try to pull one (not from their pull, but we'd have to draw it near their group) they would have heavy hitters come and pull it to them or kill it. We asked many times for them to stop, but they just got rude and told us where to go. A couple people in their camp said to try some other spots nearby, but those had groups filling them as well. We did move to another spot, but it got too heavy for us... So we tried to go back, but to no avail. So we just took off.

I did have some screenies, but I can't find em anymore... (I forgot to back em up when I uninstalled the game to move it to my C drive).

Nowndays I just try a few times to ask em nicely to stop or invite me... If they get rude or dont do anything positive, I just take a screenie of the convo and put their name on a hit list... Anytime I see em in town and they have time I try to talk to them to find out what happened... If I get ignored or trash talk, then I spread the word on em...

On chaos we have a very active shard herald, and he puts posts on people who do this. So let him know, he'll plaster their name on the most wanted area... :)

But yeah it is too bad this stuff happens. In level based mmorpgs it is hard to get past the powerlevelling and min/maxing...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Xiicri

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    Before you drop our guilds name like it means nothing in world of Istaria...

I would like to remind you people that Divine Retribution runs a clean shop...

Guild bashing and dropping our guilds name over spawn issues is just plain silly...

If you have any issues with our guild or its members then please speak to myself in game...

Aka /tell Divine Hi I have a problem...

I will address any concerns you have...

Posting half baked rubbish like this just makes me mad...

Thanks
    ROFL!

*wipes tears from eyes*

/Female part of Xairiis

Thread Information