Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I ran across my first greifer in Horizons

Flin

Default Today I ran across my first greifer in Horizons

Today I was grouped with another guild member, and was heading out to the Western Blight to help her try for T4 techs.. She started complaining that "XXXX" was running up in front of her, pulling the whole spawn of Lava Blights and then running off.. she asked him to let her pull from where she was.. and in response to her he waited till she had a few, then ran up and killed them all in front of her.

So she moved. About the time I am running thru the front gate at WD she tells me :" the heck with this, I am recalling" Seems Mr. griefer had made his appearance at her new camp and done the same thing.

I continued down the road, fighting at spots and finally got to where I knew there were some Lava blights.. Didn't see anyone at first so I went ahead and pulled a group of two just checking it out. About half way thru the fight I hear the ding of another blight dieing to someone else. I then looked around , and finally see this griefer way off on the other side of where I am.. I see him running around pulling a huge group of blights plus a Kwellen.. so I start to kill a solo blight in front of me that attacked me before I move on.

This jerk runs up in front of me about the time he sees me casting again and stops right where I have my blight frozen.. Then the Lightning Storm I had cast lands and "poof" I have all these blights plus the Kwellen on me and "OOooOO" I am dead. Then he proceeds to run off without a word or an attempt to kill them.

The only thing I can say is I hope I am cooled down before I meet him ingame again.

[:@].

Default Re: Today I ran across my first greifer in Horizons

What shard did this occur on? And did you report it to support?

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

looks around

gee this doesn't look like WoW...

Fondly remembers the multiple bannings a few weeks ago of just such types of griefers in WoW. Hope that Tulga Games has the same reaction.

Guess every MMO has them.

Every MMO has them. Every MMO in the future will have them. The best anyone can do is report them and hope these people are dealt with, but where one griefer falls there will be 10 more griefersto take its place. Truely sad.

[Edit] - Oh, I might mention that in my year+ playing Horizons I have only encountered griefers once or twice, but latley it appears they have become very more frequent in Istaria.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

StormSpirit

Must have been the day for it......Myself and my partner had the most unpleasant experience weve ever faced ingame today, too. Powerlvlling, leeching, total spawn annhialation, ignorance, rudeness, insults.....all this aimed at us, cumulating in one of them deliberately grief-killing me by dragging over about 15 golems, walking them on top of me, then laughing as their aoe attacks killed me in about 2 seconds flat.

Needless to say, that was the end of my days in Istaria. Thanks for the good times, but I wont miss times like these, on top of months spent exhausting myself to get levels that others get in a matter of hours, the sheer frustration of watching people flaunt their levels yet not even know where to find lvl 10 mobs for a quest, seeing my pride at my achievement (and my love of my dragons) ground into the sh** by the "dragon factory" that churns out lvl 1-adults in 2 days......I could go on, but whats the point any more. I know when I am well and truly beaten (just as much as I know GN will do naff all about *any* of this)

I had heard such good things about the Divine Retribution Guild, too.....I thought their members were above crap like this. I guess I was wrong :(

Take care, be safe and be happy.

This is what powerleveling does.

Powered by greed, those who have the be there NOW, w/o questions asked. Those who have to camp places to farm techs/forms/lvls and cause havoc among the 'good' community.

This is how powerfarming(leveling) affects you as an individual and as a community.

I hope a sincere lesson is learnt of this. Both by AE and their player base.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Flin

[:S]

Well, I asked around about the guy that did this, and several poeple wqho I respect very much told me this guy does not do what I said. Leaves me to thinking it was perhaps a case of mistakes on both sides.. I normally don't throw Lightning storm as my second spell..

I think I will contact him and ask him about it..

Later all...

JorgyNep

Quote Originally Posted by StormSpirit
    Needless to say, that was the end of my days in Istaria. Thanks for the good times, but I wont miss times like these, on top of months spent exhausting myself to get levels that others get in a matter of hours...
    I hope you really don't leave because of one group of childish people. Ihave been in Istaria since Beta and have been griefed once, so generally speaking it is a mature player-base, but there are always those who enjoy torrmenting others.

Here's to hoping you stay around...

Jorg

I have not seen many griefers at all; the last ones were those deliberately spreading plague.

Please report them, for sweet revenge, and more importantly, the protection of the community.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Corelleon

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    I have not seen many griefers at all; the last ones were those deliberately spreading plague.

Please report them, for sweet revenge, and more importantly, the protection of the community.
    It actually happens quite alot. Most recently at the purple necroflies which is fast turning into THE place to powerlevel people. A certain dragon went to from 1-100 in19 days there among many other people who are constantly being powerleveled there. It makes it really hard to hunt there solo when there are 5 or more groups of 10 each hogging spots and stealing kills and telling you to leave "because they were there first' Problem is these people SLEEP there. They never leave. But its also happening at several spots all over. Complete inconsiderateness and blatant stealing of kills and nasty mouthed people telling you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Flin

The only thing I can say is I hope I am cooled down before I meet him ingame again.

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img].
    if ur not cooled down, exactly what are u going to do?

Flin

I would never tell, forewarned is forearmed

:o This is an issue that unfortunatly wont be fixed for a while... It would take alot of work to fix the AI, or redo the exp gains for groups, or tweak the spawns, or move the spawns...

I think the best thing to do is do like earlier, make a support ticket... And another good one would be to report the name of the person(s) to your shard herald... I am sure if people quit grouping with them, then they wouldnt have anyone to PL with, and if griefers are known, then people will know who to avoid...

Usually I try to invite whomever is there at the spot I want to be in... And if they give a bunch of pins and needles for responses, I usually bail. Istaria is a big world, and the game wouldnt run if EVERY spot was covered...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Our Guild has also had problems with Divine Retribution members at the level 120 Fyakki`s. They were kill stealing and griefing some of our members. I went on down to have a look and yes they were doing just what was said. I tried to ask them what was going on but only got abuse. So I went back to Sslanis, changed to one of my level 100 schools and when they tried to kill steal again they found out they could not because I was outpowering them. Needless to say they then stopped annoying us.

Not nice [:(]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Before you drop our guilds name like it means nothing in world of Istaria...

I would like to remind you people that Divine Retribution runs a clean shop...

Guild bashing and dropping our guilds name over spawn issues is just plain silly...

If you have any issues with our guild or its members then please speak to myself in game...

Aka /tell Divine Hi I have a problem...

I will address any concerns you have...

Posting half baked rubbish like this just makes me mad...

Thanks

gopher65

pffffft.... Everyone knows that every guild has a bad apple or two Divine. I'm sure no one (or not many) would hold it against you just because you have one person in your guild who griefed. And if they do.... well[8o|] too badfor themI guess:).

EDIT: hehe I see one person actual did already didn't they:P

would this griefer by any chance be a farmer for a gold for money company that just wants you out of their farming area ?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Corelleon

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    would this griefer by any chance be a farmer for a gold for money company that just wants you out of their farming area ?

"their" faming area?? Istaria belongs to EVERYONE.

And this griefing problem is OUT of hand. And it is comprised of mostly pl'd high level people hogging spots/camping in an area for days/weeks, who tell people to leave and say they own the spot. If you ask them to share they tell you to 'f**k off and leave'. This behavior is unfair to others. Its bogus to sit and be in one area for weeks so they can take all the comps/techs/forms and sell them for insane prices. Not to mention certain people who now are using areas to PL people for PAY VIA PAYPAL. Something needs to be done. The game is getting run over by a bunch of pl'd people who have no qualms whatsoever about stealing kills and dragging mobs onto anyone who 'dares' enter 'their' clamed spot. This game and all areas are for the COMMUNITY. Not for greedy people out to make coin and cause other people to feel like they don't wish to remain members of HZ. I hope AE does something before the GOOD customer base is gone and all that remains are these greedy pl'ers.

Every incident of this nature needs to be reported with logs to back it up. These people need to go.

Personally I dont really have been bothered by greifers, but I do wanna make my remark about 1 post

Quote Originally Posted by gusi
    This is what powerleveling does.