Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vladtmordt the Chronicler - Tempered Scale Quests.

Windaar

Default Re: Vladtmordt the Chronicler - Tempered Scale Quests.

"You can do BOTH Lunus and Helian scales"

You may want to change this to can do EITHER. When I got my lvl 1 and lvl 25 Lunus scales, it would not let me request to do the Helian. At lvl 25 though it asked me which one I wanted to do, so could have done Helian but not both.

"1 werewolf and 7 fyakkis"

This is changed. I had to kill 7 brighter spiders and 1... er can't remember the 1 mob.

Windaar

Yes on both the lvl 1 and lvl 25 quests, I asked again and it did not give me the option to do the other scale. I'll go there today and see what he says now.

wow

nice change

i never understood why i can get both scales

I am doing the 2 level 50 ones at the same time right now. Just having a hard time finding Herman in Dalimond.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

KerryKing

Hi

I started both the quests at he same time and it works perfect. Now i have the lvl 1 scales and is going on the lvl 25 ones...

regards
    Red-Dragon

KerryKing

Hi There

Now im on the lvl 50 scales and got a problem Herman doesnt seem to live in Dalimond anymore. Anyone knows if this is a temporary bug or if he has moved somewere else?

Regards
    Red-Dragon

check the bug-forum. Neither Herman the Alchemist nor Brac the BLK-trainer exist after the world-patch, so its currently impossible to finish those quests [:(]

And at least ebfore the great patch it was no problem doing both the Lunus and the Helian scales (I've done both lvl 1 and 25 quests before theNA-merger)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

KerryKing

Well the lunus scales i found the blacksmidth its only on helian i have problems.

Regards
    Red-Dragon

Windaar

I have the lvl 25 lunus scale: Replica Tempered Chest Scale +18 str +18 dex +18 t&c. I went to Vladtmordt today to get the exact text. Here it is:

Vladtmordt tells you, 'So you think you've outgrown that scale huh? Well let's see if you're ready for an upgraded version.

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Which scale was it you were looking to pursue? The Tempered Scale of Lunus or The Helian scale of the Prime?'

I selected Lunus and he said:

Vladtmordt tells you, 'I'm afraid from the looks of it your not quite suited for the next scale. You should know that Dragon's at or byond the 1st, 25th, and 50th adventure rating desire the scales I speak of. In addition to that an adult dragon should have no interest in them.'

I selected Helian and he said:

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Helian's work was renowned. The scales once produced were considered to be the most primal rich scales ever to exist in this realm. Several chroniclers of Helian's work can be found diligently trying to emulate Helian's methods. Would you delve into the ideals of the Helian and reap the benefits of Helian's Scale of the Prime.'

He gave me the quest and said:

Vladtmordt tells you, 'Before you decide to bear such a history rich item why don't you visit Chiconis Shrine and make sure you are making the right decision. Once you have visited teh Chiconis Shrine retun to me and we shall see if you still want the scale.'

So I was wrong. You can get both scales. I'll go ahead and finish it to see if it works all the way.

temato

Quote Originally Posted by Windaar
    "You can do BOTH Lunus and Helian scales"

You may want to change this to can do EITHER. When I got my lvl 1 and lvl 25 Lunus scales, it would not let me request to do the Helian. At lvl 25 though it asked me which one I wanted to do, so could have done Helian but not both.

"1 werewolf and 7 fyakkis"

This is changed. I had to kill 7 brighter spiders and 1... er can't remember the 1 mob.
    The 1 is a winter wolf on scorpion island.

great that patches always affect the whole world

bad thing is that then the quests wont work as intended :(

Barc the blacksmith in Aug= Baric the blacksmith in Aug. He is down the tunnel on the left hand side.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Hi, sorry for asking a stupid question but do you have to be those exact lvls to get the scales? I'm lvl 44 atm and curious to know if i can still get those lvl 25 ones? Am waiting to become lvl 50 and get those scales before doing RoP.
    Chaos Server
    Dragon
    Adv: 68, Craft: 44, Hoard: 650k

No, you have to at least that lvl. So at lvl 50, you could do all 6 scales. You just have to be a hatchling for those quests.
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

What I managed to read on Tazoon.com before it went down is that they wanted Herman out and that his "job" concerning the 3rd Helian scale (Lvl 50 quest) was supposed to be taken over by SShranu the Alchemist in Sslanis, only he was never told about it I guess...
    Its quite annoying since I want the scale before ending my RoP.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

bluewyrm

I read somewhere else (forget where) that "herman" was a typo for "FISherman" - so maybe if you find some fisherman person in Dalimond, that would suffice. Sorry I can't remember the full details.

I started this quest back when there was a bug with the spiders (no pun intended). Then the ROP came out and I hustled to get my wings. THEN they fixed Vlad's quest and I never "finished" it even though I still have it in my quest log. What to do? I have the first scale; was supposed to get it upgraded.

Good news... Herman from Dalimond has officially been replaced by SShranu from Sslanis... [:D][:D]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Updated: Lunus Scale II (lvl 25)

You need to kill 1 winter wolf & 7 Brighter spiders, all above lvl 26.
    The wolves are on the top of Scorpion Mountain, port from Bristugo to Darvus, in the list on the Scorpion Isle portal.
    The spiders are north of Chiconis.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Just some News and an Addition:

- Vladtmordt was moved from Floating Isle to a Cave S-W of that. Entrance to Cave at 21318 / 27045.

- And YES, you can still do both Quest simultaneously. I finished all quests just some days ago.

Wyldfire

As of august 29th 2005 the lunus final scale calls for a nickle golem frag not steel as stated here. sneaky quest changing devs =)

Thread Information