Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many will be jumping over to WOW ?

Default How many will be jumping over to WOW ?

Now that you wont have to circumvent the subscription information.

Blizzard Entertainment has just announced that the final beta test for the EU World of Warcraft begins TODAY! Their announcement is below:

Saturday, 8th of January 2005, Paris, France:
    Following the rapid sell-out of the European pre-order campaign and the successful start of the localised Closed Beta Test, we are happy to announce that the first phase of the European Final Beta Test of World of Warcraft starts now, in English, French and German. The first phase of the Final Beta Test will allow access to a select group of players: those who attained a beta key through the official Blizzard pre-order campaign, and current Closed Beta testers.

The first phase of the Final Beta Test will also allow the testing of the World of Warcraft localized server infrastructure under heavy loads. As soon as system stability allows, the second phase of the testing process will begin and more players will be added into the Final Beta Test. We will make every effort to accommodate all requests for beta accounts but there is always the possibility that we will be unable to meet demand, and we therefore strongly encourage motivated players to register an account as quickly as possible once the second phase of the Final Beta Test begins. More details regarding the second phase will be given shortly on www.wow-europe.com.

See you in Azeroth,

Blizzard Entertainment.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Default Re: How many will be jumping over to WOW ?

Isn't this better in the off topic forum?

To me this seems a sneaky post to draw people away, imho.

Well, to who reads this:

after being reported of people getting to the cap to Wow in two months, I suggest to join it but not delete your char here.

You never know.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well not me.

I like HZ because of his mature CommUNITY.WOW and it's childish animee-style is not my cup of coffee - hope that most others out there in Istaria feel the same.

Who would change over to a pink, brandnew scooter when he has an Corvette in his garage - even when it's engine needs to be maintenanced? [;)]

Same here -- wow ist not for me. No crafting worth mentioning and the characters look like 'The Smurfs'...

snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

oh i thought they were the smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    after being reported of people getting to the cap to Wow in two months, I suggest to join it but not delete your char here.
    You never know.
    It does not take two months to max a char in WoW. You can reach the cap in 2 weeks, if you really want [:P] - but who wants?
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Beta-guild from Earth - and we are still here!
    Unity

No WoW For me.... HZ only baby...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

I have to admit I have been playing, and on a high population RP server at that. It is a very different experience to Horizons. Horizons does some things much better (Chat windows, plots, sense of community, development at end game, crafting, dragons), and WoW does other things better (monsters and quests everywhere, not too much lag, people everywhere).

I agree that anyone who joins WoW should keep their Horizons subscription - Horizons seems to have a much longer playability - so long as you dont get power levelled :p
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

I am staying in Hz.... and *nods* at Hagen
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Have been looking at lots of screenshots and the cartoon style does not really appeal to me.. so i guess ill be in Horizons even thought a few friends keep bugging me about EQ2.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

WoW here I come [Y]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Krald

I might try WoW, but currently I am playing EQ2.

In EQ2 I have a level 36 defiler called Kildritch on runnyeye currently (probably moving to splitpaw though).

At the moment I like EQ2, group dynamics in it is good, soloing in it is only good for passing the time before you find/make a group (basically it sucks). Crafting is very good too, but its more active than in HZ so not really a change of pace. Seems a decent amount of quests, and raids seem.. well the last one I went on was a bit short and crappy but a lower level one I read about sounded quite good (I've outleveled it too much now though).

However I don't like this "camp" mentality, where groups set up in one safe spot and pull mobs to it to kill them for exp. This after a while gets boring because all you are doing is grinding, and theres likely no quests or exploration being done.

So because of that I may well try WoW because I'm hoping there will be less of that and it might entertain me all the time.

We'll see when EU release comes out.

Syrith_Ice

WOW for me too

I love it [Y]

And I'm one of those mature ppl !

Spent some time perusing a few of the WoW forums and no, I will not be playing WoW. I had enough of the PvP versus Carebear debate in AC and do not feel like immersing myself in that type of enviroment again.

We have civilized people here! [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

No wow for me, just horizons.! [;)]

WoW dont interest me the slightest really.
    I will be at Unity untill someone pull the plug and if that would happen, well then I may try EQ2. Untill then. Hz and me goes hand in hand.

Harro Forever. *grins*
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Shadowon DraGhost

I have been playing WoW almost daily since release.

I still have my account here and am hopeful the necessary changes will be made so I will want to come back for my Rite of Passage.

Don't know if anyone bothers to check this thread anymore but anyway :)
    Ive been playing wow for about a week and a half, the final eu beta test, and i have
    to say, it is great fun...
    Even though it lacksthe great community spiritin comparison tohorizons, there is enough quests and lore to make up for that loss.
    As to the childish behaviour of people, yes its there, but its not as wide spread as one might have thought.

In short, i think it delivers what horizons has promised for so long, and it is there i will
    spend my time..
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Anubus-Earth

Sadly most of Steel Phoenix are moving to WoW. We have had good times in Hz but lack of content has proved to be its death knell.

Cool, i knew some of you guys ingame..
    Are you leaving, if so, do you know what shard type or even faction? (alliance, horde)
    Im thinking about placing my main char on a roleplay shard ;)
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Thread Information