Thread: Community Project Suggestion: Shopping Mall :)

Default Community Project Suggestion: Shopping Mall :)

OK, 'tis only a suggestion, but one of the NA servers has, I think, seven T4 consigners in one community, allowing for lots of items to be put up for sale in a single location. So, how about we see if we can manage something similar?

The benefits of this are:

1) The plot owners who end up being chosen to host the consigners get the community building them.
    2) T4 consigners accept 20 stacks per person, instead of Kion's 10. 5 T4 consigners would give you the option to list up to 100 different items.

Obviously this will require a lot of planning, organisation and coordination between plot owners. So, I'll put forward some ideas and conditions, and see what happens...

Criteria 1: Location, Location, Location

For this project, we will aim to get multiple T4 consigners in a place that doesn't require 17 ports, or a 3 mile hike, to reach. So, I am thinking prime locations for this include:

a) Player Towns - the old player towns (Morning Light, Harro, Selen, etc) as well as the new communities added to the portals at the old player towns (eg Desert's Edge)
    b) Guild Communities - only those accesible from Parsinia, Mahagra, Bristugo, and preferably with a portal out
    c) NPC Towns - many of the NPC towns had plots added.

Ideally, we want a location with a portal out, and a location with a destination pad that can be reached from many places.

Criteria 2: Numbers, Numbers, Numbers

Our second criteria revolves around how many T4 consigners we can get in the same location, and hopefully planned to be jointly accessible. By this, I mean all of them facing the same road or similar, and not only two at distant ends of one community.

Now, this is where plot owners need to take the initiative. Many people have their plots already planned out, and built to a degree, and the last thing we want is for people to rip down finished structures to plan a consigner, only to find out no-one else nearby is willing to do the same. So plot owners who are interested in this, what you need to do is talk to other plot owners in the same community. Find out how many are interested, and talk about where in the community the shops can be built. Then once you have a plan between you, you can post up a proposal of how many shops you can build in your community.

If many people do this, in many communities, we will end up with a list of which towns can have how many shops. Then, as a server, we can decide on which town we would all prefer to have the shops. Once we have a clear decision, then the plot owners can start thinking about planning the T4 consigner shops, and we move onto...

Criteria 3: Build, Build, Build!

And the final stage of the project begins. We hopefully have numerous T4 consigners to build in a single town. Builders can organise into teams, or work solo, and we work together to build up however many consigners have been planned. The materials will be higher tier than the lava tunnel recently completed, so there's a nice chance for crafters to get some better experience than what you'd get for grinding T1. And the result would be a veritable shopping mall, a central location for people to list items for sale, and a great place to browse goods.

In Closing...

Now, this is merely a suggestion, nothing more. If previous history of Wind is anything to go by, then there'll be sod all interest in this, as people hate to change habits, and we'll continue using Kion with it's 400c portal fees and 10 item limit. But, here's the proposal, it'll only happen if people show an interest, and get organised in their towns.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Default Re: Community Project Suggestion: Shopping Mall :)

I like it...alot[:)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

I like it too, I even offer my fitting services to help.

I really like the idea.

Maybe it would be an idea to place these connies on 1 big plot.

There are some nice plots to use for a mall.

There is just one risk almost everybody will think off which is : What happens when this player decides to place them on guild only after we finished all?

What happens when this player decides he or she wanna use the rest of the plot for other stuff and trashes the connies with or without stuff on it.

also like it a lot :D

Im in.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Bak

you can count me in hehehehehe^^

Great plan.
    Our very own marketplace :)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Selen should be a good place, as there are many large C plots. Or just come to augh and help finishing our 2 old dwarven shops, which equal the new t4 shops regarding the prices :)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

I like the idea to!
    But i must agree with Sunukes warning...

Anyway we'll see if there is some plotowners who can make this idea happening!
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Well, the first stage is in the hands of the plot owners. I'm suggesting T4 consigners as they're not too massive, work as a normal NPC-town consigner with the 10% fee, but they allow 20 stacks per person instead of the 10. So one T4 Consigner is equal to two normal NPC-town consigners.

Now, if you think you'd like your community to become the shopping centre of Istaria, you need to talk to the other plot owners in your community. This is the formulation stage, where you look at and around your plot and see if anyone else there is interested. Even just three T4 consigners gives Unity a central shopping place where people can list 60 items each.

So, get talking to your neighbours, and organise how many T4 consigners you can get interest in. Of course, communities with existing consigners can post up info as well. What I can't do is go around every single community and send tells to every plot owner.

So, it's in your hands.

Maybe you could check in heather.

I have a T4 connie on my plot which is open to the community and i think there are some more.

Mine is next to the road with a wooden archway with ivy next to it

I also have 3 JM shops on my plot

Blacksmith
    Scholar
    Alchemist

All buildings are open to the community

Morenth

Great idea Kor, I'll help of course !

Exavier

good idea.. I will be there to help of course.. either as runner (flyer)or mason whenever it is needed :)

SNART

i agree, good idea.

Thread Information