Thread: Whats with the horrible graphics?

Archion13

Default Whats with the horrible graphics?

Ok, i have a very good video card and all together system for playing games. When i'm in town, i can not walk into the mines, and buildings do not load. I can see the people, and i can walk right up to them, through the area the buildings are suppose to be. I have tried everything in the video options tab. I put everything on highest, then lagged FOREVER. Took me 5 minutes to get the options back to normal. Then tried everything on lowest, LAGGED again for 5 minutes until i got everything back to Custom level.

Not to mention it just took me 2 days to log in due to problems with Horizons HORRIBLE launching system. Which they said they were gonna change like 10 months ago.

Please someone help me out with this video problem, its really getting crazy.

Carmen

Blue_Moonrider

Default Re: Whats with the horrible graphics?

Can you provide system specs for us to see if we can figure out where things need to be set or what issues might be at play?

Elkandriel

Well You should relog after you tweak your options to see true effects since I think it effects framerate too. If you got gf 6600+ video card then you should also use the latest forceware 66+? drivers even the beta versions since earlier versions have been known to cause issues. Atis catalyst drivers have had issues with some versions too. So again try a bit lower or higher version. If you got only 256mb of memory you can except to be quite laggy. The biggest thing that affects lagginess is other players, second would be world view distance. Also lowering texture quality helps. Btw cpu is tons more important than video cards. Also as said 256 mb memory need an upgrade. If you`r gonna port to some currently active towns like NR then maybe you could put maximum characters shown to zero as well. It probably saves you the few seconds you would lose from lag.

Archion13

I'll post system specs when i get home from work. I don't remember which motherboard/video board right now. I have 512mb of ram, can't imagine even playing solitair with 256mb of RAM.

ASUS Mother board, i know that, and a 3dprophet v-card? Nvidia seems to be ringing a bell.... i'll post again latert.

This is a stab in the dark, but have you turned off spell effects in the past? I know if I have effects turned off buildings and caves take forever to load or don't load at all until I turn it back on.

Type this in game to turn effects on:
    /setpref effectson true
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Odd. I have an humble Radeon 9600 and with all turned on but shadows I still get 15-31 frames ps depending on where I am...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Rhaiannon

Check to see if your running on 16 bit graphics or 32 bit graphics on your monitor, if your running 32, it will do that because the buildings are so graphics intensive. Switchign to 16bit should fix that.

I haver used 16-bit graphics since Hz startd and I tried 32-bit 2 weeks ago and they game wasnt smoth really. Horizons runs best in 16-bit mode for me.

Rightclick Desktop
    Choose properties at popup menue
    Choose tab Settings
    Change 32-bit to 16-bit and OK

Run game and report here.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Thread Information