Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frame Rate Smoothing

Default Frame Rate Smoothing

Okay, I am really disappointed, I was one of your better supporters, but this hits even me...

I logged on today just to watch my poor Dragon flop about in the air like a fish out of water, to me, it was the clean animation of flight that made my Dragon come to life, now, my Dragon is just another toon.

I would rather have the Lag and be able to see my Dragons wings move like they once did.

lets see, how can we improve speed? hey, lets eliminate animation all-together! maybe make everything into stick-men, yeah, that will make it fast, the players won't notice with this big fancy map.

Well, I noticed, and I am not happy.

Please put back frame rate smoothing before you loose still more players.[8o|]
    Zarkela - Green Dragoness - Helian

Default Re: Frame Rate Smoothing

i have to agree with my good friend zarkela here... i'm getting a constant 5 FPS now.. i'm already at the edge of quitting the game as it is.. way to help my decision even more

One thing you might try (that a couple folks in IRC said helped) was to reset your in-game graphics settings. Note: The one side-effect is that it will reset your key mappings.

You can do this from the options window, using the Restore Defaults button.

What this does is resets your graphics back to the defaults which is what the game is optimized for. You should logout and back in to be sure they take effect. Then you can adjust upwards (or downwards) from there as suits you.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

My point is, the control for the frame rate has been removed, we can no longer adjust the frame rate, and I had everything set just fine before.
    Zarkela - Green Dragoness - Helian

....... i did.. and now.. i'm at 4 fps.. everywhere.. *sigh*

Anecdotal Evidence Warning.

A friend of mine is using a 5900/256MB video card. "Old" drivers gave him a low frame rate today, so he switched video card drivers to "new". Frame rate went up very well, but he crashes whenever he recalls to Feladan.

So I guess the thing to take away from this is that there seems to be a new driver sensitivity.

He said he'd file a ticket.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

No problems with framerate and new patch. Seems to work just fine for me. Using a Geforce 5900fx 128 mb with 67.22 drivers.

Even after 2 hours of hunting framerate was smooth.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

No problems here, Running a Radeon 9800 pro in the higest resolution with graphics set at medium and still hitting 25fps.

Note: For those spinning and running into walls. Go into your camera options and set your camera follow tension up to at least 25% and try it again. It seems to work.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I use mostly default graphics out of necessity (cast 60842) and have noticed a slight stuttering in flight. This occurs while gliding or turning, the avatar vibrates noticably (a shaking of sorts). I don't notice this while actively flying. The wing beat looks normal.

Just a slight distraction, but the better solution, andAmoncould suggest, is to delete the graphics.def file in your Horizons directory. Changing to default settings IG (in options) changes too much (like key bindings). That is a pain.

Edit: Amon, not Smeglor
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

gopher65

I just got a new graphics card (nvidia)and decided to install the drivers that came with it because it was having some trouble with the version I had on before(even though all nvidia cards use the same drivers). Whoa. Dropped from 20-1.9 FPS ingame LOL. I did a bit of tweeking and got back up to 20, but still pretty funny. Now I've lost my old drivers, and I can't upgrade to the newest, cause they turn my computer into a pile of sludge (nothing works on them:(). Or at least that was true with my old card. Maybe they are optimized for newer cards or something.

Anyone have any good driver suggestions for a gffx 5700LE? (BTW I logged on after patch with my old drivers and new card for the first time and saw neither an increase nor a drop in FPS, which is amazing considering how much better this is than my old card).

did some more system ops tweaking.. still not as good as before patch. up to 7fps now.. used to have 32fps everywhere.. [:'(]

Quote Originally Posted by Larus-Fel
    did some more system ops tweaking.. still not as good as before patch. up to 7fps now.. used to have 32fps everywhere.. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]
    Tried a new CPU or a Nvidia card?

my fps hasnt changed too much i still getting in excess of 35 fps but my tex mem has jumped from a constant 25 to 60 and over especially near towns now i get lag spikes constantly now where i never would get them before it makes the game toatally unplayable for me now. I'm very dissappointed.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

running a ti4600 120mb nvidia. i never had problems with HZ till patch.. so its not just me.. along with others have the same problem with FPS, and lagg issues in towns. i tweaked the performance on the card.. was set to quality.. even before was running 20+fps.. on high pefermance.. i barely get 7fps anywhere.
    [edit] i dumped cache. reinstally HZ.. nadda

With this patch I'm topping 40fps in places for the first time. Was 35ish tops before. ATI card. So far a guarded thumbs up from this corner.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I have forwarded your concerns to the Client Team and they are looking into this issue. Thank you for your patience.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

seems the patch improved frame rate for ATI users,
    and made no difference/or had negative impact on
    nVidia users...

Got Cowbell?

Brambles

I'm an nvidia user, and haven't really noticed much either way on performance. I don't normally take note of the framerates in game though.

I have a ti4400.

Remember folks, that horizons loves to chew CPU cycles... a video card upgrade will do nada unless you have a decent cpu running as well.

For example, whether I run at 800x600 or 1600x1200, I get the same framerate. If I overclock my processor my frame rate goes up noticeably.

:o there is alot of things that can slow the game down... So its hard to read the problem without more information... Like system specs, taskmanager listed apps running... THings like this help give us a clue as to what your working with...

I dont have the most desired fps on the game, and I run an xp2600 with a geforce fx5700 deluxe (256 megs od ram on it). my downside is 512 megs of system memory. A friend of mine has the same mobo, proc, a geforce 4ti4600 with 128 megs of ram on it, but has 1gig of system memory and it runs the game a little slower with details cranked like mine, but it loads everything much much faster, like teleporting is quick, and loading the game is quick...

So I know i need more ram... but without your info, we just know the games running crappy for ya.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    seems the patch improved frame rate for ATI users,
    and made no difference/or had negative impact on
    nVidia users...
    Probably generally true, but not a hard and fast rule, I was crafting last night and noticed I was getting 46 fps in the wild, and while my system is no slouch, I don't think it ever broke 40 fps when it was correctly displaying everything.

Thread Information