Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple solution to a tough problem.

Default Re: A simple solution to a tough problem.

You guys keep talking about removal of the PB... I never said that.

I said make it where they accept nothing over t3 and it must be gathered/crafted by the one pawning.

The reality of the matter is, ( on chaos anyway ) low-mid level crafters have it fine up to steel. They have no incentive to interact with other players except to make teched gear. Once they have learned their craft, they should now NEED to use the skills to make their future with their honed skills, not just keep grinding away selling to the pawn broker.

Modifying my original suggestion, make it where the PB will not accept items above T2. The incentive to camp t2 mobs is just not there. Improve the drop rate for T4 and T5 comps and forms to at least pre-merge rates. Make it where all mobs can drop all comps for that tier until the new mobs can be put in. REMOVE the Vielo completely.

Will some remain poor? Sure... if they don't work for it. Will some remain rich? Perhaps, but we are quickly seeing that change. And even if it does not, it won't matter. Once prices drop, they will have alot of money to buy non-expensive items. It hurts nothing. As new players start coming in, they will have a chance to participate in all aspects of Istaria. ( my wife has made well over a gold off nothing but T1 and T2 pawning and consigning, so it can be done )
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

One of the reason's a lot of equipment to buy is missing from conniesis the simple fact that you can't put enough on connies. From what i have noticed, a crafter can't even put a full set of armor on a connie. if ya put a few resources on connie, maybe a couple of forms or techs, you don't have any room left to sell equipment.Having multiple accounts lets ya put more on, but everyone doesn't have multiple accounts. Having a maxed out school means you will spend a couple silver running around putting stuff on different connies. not to mention spending a couple silver running around to the different connies looking for tech comps. and it especially sucks to waste that silver when what you want isn't on a connie.

Half the time when people look for stuff on market place channel they can't find what they are looking for. It took two days of spamming and almost 400 silver to get my tripple tech'd mith sword made. That was with me providing everything, including me mining the mithril.took me almost 4 days to get mycobalt gear made, once again, i provided cobalt and tech comps. Having money or lot's of money being in game isn't really the problem.my decision is: 1) buy comps from vielo or 2) gather up most if not all of my guild for a few days to go out and do nothing but hunt for thedozen comps i need for a single piece of gear. As a level 86 Pali, i can take on most mobs my level and some of the much larger golems 1 at a time. 2 or more at a time usually means i sprint for my life or i visit a shrine. so it is near impossible for me to farm some of the techs i need. if they are not available on marketplace, i have no other choice but the vielo or dragging my entire guild out to hunt. I don't like being a burden to others, so most of the time i just pay vielo prices.

I think one thing that would help the economy would be open up the connies a great deal. let us have room to put lots of items on there. maybe 20 to 25 items each. either that, or let us be able to stack items in inventory as long as it is made the exact same way and be able to put the stacks on connie. maybe limit stacks to like 10 or 15 on gear and keep current stacks limits on componets
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

gopher65

OR a connie search! Let us look at all connies in the world at once. I know it isn't realist, but I can't stand the connie hopping I have to do now:(

This idea would not work well for Alchemists and Confectioners because

1- Their items do not sell well on the consigners/taverns

2- Their items cannot be deconstructed.

So you would be telling them "to get exp you need to do your constructing
    and then throw away your output"

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan

Modifying my original suggestion, make it where the PB will not accept items above T2. The incentive to camp t2 mobs is just not there. Improve the drop rate for T4 and T5 comps and forms to at least pre-merge rates. Make it where all mobs can drop all comps for that tier until the new mobs can be put in. REMOVE the Vielo completely.
    Aamer, let me ask you this:What problem is it that you are trying to correct? After re-reading your initial post, I don't see anything that clearly articulates a specific issue that needs to be addressed. The fact that some players have more money than others is not in and of itself a problem. It is not wrong to be wealthy. The fact that some people choose not to interact with other players is not a problem either. You cannot force interaction by altering game mechanics.

Before proposing any other changes, can you clearly articulate exactly what it is that you see as being a problem and put forth your reasons for wanting it changed?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

First, I'm going to give you a little teaser - fairly soon (within a week, I hope) a solution will be in place tobrowse allitems for sale on imperial consignment everywhere in the world from one source. I have high hopes that this will improve the player market both in terms of volume (helping the sellers) and in competition (helping the buyers).

As for pawn brokers, one idea I put forth during a discussion was to have the amount of money a pawn broker will pay for an item be inversely proportional to how many he/she currently has. The items a pawnbroker has will slowly disappear. I think this accomplishes a few things. For one, it effectively creates psuedo-quests, where you browse pawn brokers, see what they do not currently have which you can make, and basically "fill that order" for a profit. It may also encourage more use of the consignment system to make money, which the aforementioned new browsing method will aid.

Again, this is just my roughidea, not something that's in development. What do you think?

Brokta

I support Fireclaws comment about dragon players and off hours. For a lower level dragon crafter working his way up to find the PB is full up due to me loggin on later would only deter new crafters and hamper the economics even more.

I like the teaser thats a good idea was mentioned by a friend of mine today also.

I would look to your teaserfirst see how the economy changes and then evaluate the next steps. New Drops, Blighted Equipment and Scales and the Ancient game including AROP will change the economy again.

Brokta
    Dragon of Order
    Member of Strata

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    First, I'm going to give you a little teaser - fairly soon (within a week, I hope) a solution will be in place tobrowse allitems for sale on imperial consignment everywhere in the world from one source. I have high hopes that this will improve the player market both in terms of volume (helping the sellers) and in competition (helping the buyers).

As for pawn brokers, one idea I put forth during a discussion was to have the amount of money a pawn broker will pay for an item be inversely proportional to how many he/she currently has. The items a pawnbroker has will slowly disappear. I think this accomplishes a few things. For one, it effectively creates psuedo-quests, where you browse pawn brokers, see what they do not currently have which you can make, and basically "fill that order" for a profit. It may also encourage more use of the consignment system to make money, which the aforementioned new browsing method will aid.

Again, this is just my roughidea, not something that's in development. What do you think?
    Love the universal browse feature for consignment shops.

Can we get something like this for player-built storage structures? (silos, guild chests, houses, tents, etc...) Would be very helpful to be able to remotely browse these storage structures, much in the same way you can browse the contents of your vault from anywhere....

Got Cowbell?

*Applauds Smeglor* Now this truly rocks!!!

Any chance we could see a way to sell item sets (say armor, cargowearor jewelry in particular) on a consigner as 1 item (a complete set) sometime in the near future ? *crosses fingers*

1. I think the removal of the PB and Vielo (comps & forms), add the missing mobs and increase the drop rate of comps and forms would go along way to fixing things.

2. Be able to sell more than 10 items thru the connies. Perhaps via a quest.

3. Smeglor - Istarian wide search, great idea for connies. Don't reform the PB, just take em out. However if you do keep them, add Istarian wide search. Again perhaps via a quest.

Rocinante
    Fury of Feladan

Smeglor that sounds great [:D]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

OMG OMG thank you a universal browse of consigners has been on my wish list since I found my first consigner.

Personally I think the pawn brokers should refuse to give anyone more than level *1s a day. In addition to the item's value being relative to the number available.

The pawn broker has ruined the economy, Well actually not the pawn broker but the players who exploit its unlimited cash reserves.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Browsing all the Imperial consigners would be a very welcome feature. Looking forward to that!

Changing the pawnbroker, though...

The problem I see would be that a few PBs are saturated with items produced by people crafting for cash. On Chaos, Joey's T5 PB is a prime example. It is constantly flooded with mithril and marble items. Limiting the cash available for any given itemis not going to reduce the amount ofitems pawned; it's going to result in angry argumentswhentwo or morepeople are crafting the same item and no cash is left forany of them to sell the items they made. I can see this causing pawn farms, locked to self or guild-only,to spring up near T5 & T6 resources.When cash is scarce for an item a player hasa load of, that player is just as likely to move to using racial & starter townPBs. They won't make significantly less money; they'll just get irritated.

I'd rather see the incentive to grind for cash at the PB removed by returning and improvingcash & sellable loot drops. If adventurers could make moneyoff of mithril golems, for example,the mithril field would probably be a lot less hazardous for crafters.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Smeglor.

This goes a long way towards helping communication, and aknowledging the need to improve the current player market.

Limiting what the player base can make off the PB must take place to encourage player to player interaction. You are trying to simulate a real economy that is player driven. Thus is everyone uses the pawn broker as a primary source of money, where is the need to interact with other players in the economy?

I think your idea is a great one, and better then my idea.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

. Thus is everyone uses the pawn broker as a primary source of money
    I object to that. I do not nor have I ever used it as a primary source of money. I may recieve cash generated from pawns when selling forms/comps However I do not farm the pb.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

ok.. then your not everyone. :)

But some in this thread have called it their primary source. Giving a leg up to those getting started, and allowing us to get rid of junk is fine for the PB... but selling disk after disk worth of crafted items should not be one of it's uses.

If what you get paid for what you pawn goes down the more you pawn, then soon it becomes worthless to pawn. Now your only options are to dump the stuff, or try to sell it on the consigners. This will help a wide range of issues, and improve the overall economy. I for one, am all for this idea from Smeglor.

If what you get paid for what you pawn goes down the more you pawn, then soon it becomes worthless to pawn. Now your only options are to dump the stuff, or try to sell it on the consigners. This will help a wide range of issues, and improve the overall economy.
    How does this improve the starting game? Low-level players are already unable to craft in the field, don't even have cargo disks until level five, and DEPEND on pawning processed T1 resources and maggot hides for income.

Let me ask this: How many players are you willing lose to yet another cash nerf? Is the inconvenience to those few players who do dump massive amounts of high-tier items at a few PBsin order to raise cash enough to justify losing even a single new subscriber to being broke andfrustrated?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

then just have the PBs purchase T1 resources,
    and nothing else...
    Got Cowbell?

Let me interject my findings as crafter 100carp/100blacksmith/100fletch/63weaponsmith/60fitter and a bit of mining gathering.

There was a Tier IV tech I desperately require to further my crafts on auction that went for over 500 silvers in auction. As I have practically no Tier 4 and very few Tier 5 techs where I am to get that kind of money? The attribute techs such as strength,dexterity,power,focus in the level 5 range sell for well over a gold EACH. Am I to overcharge the simple common Tier I and IIs that I can make just so I can compete in the Tier V market? Even if I sold everyone a Tier IV maple bow or sword and charged 20 silvers each (unteched) or even 50 silvers (well above the going price) you can see how long it would take me to make enough golds to buy a full set of Tier V attribute techs.

The market cannot support the number of high level crafters we have in the game without the use of the Pawnbroker and my Tier IV,V weapons are in low demand due to the base factor of not being able to dress them out the way the customer wishes.Very few Tier IV,V adventurers will settle for Tier III techs on their weapons.

That is my problem.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Aamer, precisely how do you see crafters "dumping" their craftwork as helping anything?

Take for example my staple--obsidian glassblowing rods. Now a disk-full of obsidian bricks will net me about 50 silver (a HUGE fortune, right) worth of rods from the pawnbroker, and it usually takes me about an hour to harvest the slabs, turn them into bricks and then into rods. Got any guesses how often I see someone in Market asking to buy an obsidian glassblowing rod? C'mon, guess . . . .

Your "solution" to my only means of making a whole 50 silver per hour (and somehow that, to you, is just terrible for the economy) is for me to just dump the stuff.

I do not see, nor have I ever seen, a problem with the economy arising from the custom of crafters selling unwanted items to a pawnbroker. Nor have I seen any insidious pawnbroker demanding that we not sell wanted items to other players.

You're trying to fix a "problem" that doesn't exist. By either eliminating pawnbrokers altogether, or substantially reducing what they will pay, then all you will achieve is further elimination of the pure crafters left in the game, as they will either have to hunt for the limited coin SOME critters drop, or starve.

Bad idea. REAL bad idea methinks.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information