Thread: Vault fixed...

Default Vault fixed...

TRO

Default Re: Vault screwed...

Same here, it only starts showing 2 of the 8 containers i have in there and then... CTD[:@].
    I'm lucky that i had my cargo parked, at least i can craft.. without craft scaleset [:^)]

I think Ilinga, in all her Black Dragonness (see the "What kind of dragon are you" thread), broke it in one of her fits of Rage!!! [;)]

I found what was left of one of the vault keepers inserted through the big metal door of the vault.She wasn't there of course.. *cough*

Ilinga's not black...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Ilinga's not black...
    Oh... she may be green in game... but...

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10046

[;)][;)]

Edit: Sorry you'll have to go to page 2 and scroll down...

shemra

*grabs vaultkeeper nr 9*

"WTF is going on??"

"Die, puny, worthless piece of ARGH..!"

*pouts*

I AM nice.... grrrrr

-Ili

We have a current theory, that a particular 'dragon only' item is causing the crash when the game loads up the container that holds this item. If you have it in inventory or equipped, you crash on log on. If you have it in vault, you crash on accessing your vault.

Prime candidate from talking to some dragons is the Burning Embers crystal. But if you can load up fine with this item, then we'll scrap the theory.

So, if you crash, do you have Burning Embers in the container that is being loaded when you crash?

...mine is in the vault, and the vault crashes...

soulblood

Mine is on me and i crash on login, my wifes adult dragon has never done the quest and can log in and use the vault fine.

It could be as you say.....

Quote Originally Posted by shemra
    *grabs vaultkeeper nr 9*

"WTF is going on??"

"Die, puny, worthless piece of ARGH..!"

*pouts*

I AM nice.... grrrrr

-Ili
    *nuzzles*.... yes Ilinga we know...

Don't worry.. I'll get the dust-pan and brush and a hose...

Spirit

Morenth

Good theory Kor : I've the burning embers equipped and I crash systematically during the login process [:S]

With all this.. and what was on IRC last night... I think the problem has been nailed. But the cause is something to do with the patch being installed on the server, while all the clients are still using the old version. When they match, I imagine the problem will fix itself.

Spirit

Yep, got burning embers equipped and I cant login.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

I'm one of the few bipeds with the burning embers crystal, it's in a pouch in my backpack along with a small selection of crystals from my collection. No problems logging in at this end.

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Tzael...can you open the pouch without a problem? It may be dragon+burning embers crystal that causes it.

(And it does however look like my theory of burning embers was right....somehow wish it wasnt though [:S])
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra
    Tzael...can you open the pouch without a problem? It may be dragon+burning embers crystal that causes it.

(And it does however look like my theory of burning embers was right....somehow wish it wasnt though [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img])
    Yup I logged in again earlier, dragged the crystal to market chat and asked if dragons were still having problems with it. Korial then suggested that it might only apply if it's socketed in a scale.

Quick question though, are burning embers and lasting embers the same thing. If yes then we're on the same frequency, if not then I apologise for confusing lasting embers (the one I have) with burning embers, the one causing problems.

Lasting embers is the DoT effect that the crystal gives off.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Lasting embers is the DoT effect that the crystal gives off.
    That's odd, when I logged in earlier and looked at mine, the crystal was called 'Lasting Embers', I guess I should've checked when I had the chance what the DoT was called, but I just presumed the DoT was the 'Burning Embers' bit.

Either way thanks to the peeps on the IRC channel for confirming the two are one and the same.

Basically next step is based upon Korial's advice, tonight when I have the chance I will create an alt, and give it the crystal and a socketed scale to equip the crystal within. Once the alt has the two items, I will then attempt to place the crystal within the scale, and if that is successful I will then log off and back on. If things are still working ok at that point I will then place the scale with the crystal into the vault, and relog again. Should the vaultbe working ok after that relog, I will then remove the crystal from the scale, and put the crystal in the vault on its own. Another relog and vault check will follow.

Should anyone else have ideas for me to test relating to this theory, post them here and I will try them tonight. We're looking to confirm the theory proposed, so we need any possible tests to be conducted in order to be certain of the theory.

Just a little update on my Situation ... As of yesterday I could not log in ... (Burning Embers socketed in my Chest Scale) .. But after the patch this morning I can log in again .... So they might have solved it now

Default Re: Vault fixed...

ok now

Thread Information