Thread: Can't heal while fighting?

Default Can't heal while fighting?

I remember having this problem several months ago, but I haven'tencountered the problem again, until this last patch. Problem is, is when I'm in combat if I cast a heal on myself, nothing happens. My charcater just stands there in combat stance doing nothing. Not swinging, not healing ... nothing. The only work around I can find is to hit "stop action" cast my heals, then "attack" the creature once again.

This is making it pretty difficult for my paladin to be effective in combat. Any thoughts? Is it just me? Hope it is fixed soon.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Re: Can't heal while fighting?

its not jsut you it happens to me as well when i try to heal my mate or myself i jsut stand there in a fighting pose claws out ready for attacking this is starting to get annoying + when i fought the other day with desert wolves i was attacking one and i was away from the spawn area but 5 more came out of nowhere and attacked me and a good friend of mine.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

praetorien

i will one up you on this, i can't heal and sometimes i can't even attack..i just stand there and get the crap kicked out of me

Ok, I thought I'd post back here to say that healing while fighting seems to be working ok again. I did have a few small instances in which it started messing up again, but for the most part it appeared to be working ok again. Thanks.

The way i got around it was simple. When I click on heal i touched my arrow key and twisted to the side one notch. The heal worked then. Hope this works for you also.
    Another thing broken while fixing something else....lol

:o
    Ive noticed that when I approach a resource node, and stop and try to gather from it, I may not gather until i turn left or right (while in mouselook mode)... Try doing that after initiating combat and see if that fixes the lack of healing...

Either way, file support tickets...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock
    The way i got around it was simple. When I click on heal i touched my arrow key and twisted to the side one notch. The heal worked then. Hope this works for you also.
    Another thing broken while fixing something else....lol
    Yup this problem has resurfaced, happenned to a few of us on Trandalar Sunday Night. While the old arrow key work around helps sometimes there are still many times it won't. We were taking numerous dps due to this bug and the "new" spawn system (monsters popped up around us in every direction (golems) kept overburdenning us and then handing us this crap with the bug. It was a perfect case of adventure hell.

Agreed, it is still happening, and makes adventuring difficult if not impossible. The arrow movement wasn't helping me any :(. Hope it resolved soon.

Our Development Team is still working on getting this completely fixed, but for right now, they've suggested this as a workaround. Go into your options menu, and turn on "Free Movement". This should enable you to attack and cast spells and gather normally. We are trying to collect more information on whether or not this works for all players, or some players, or what. So please try turning on Free Movement, and then let us know how that works for you.

Thanks!

Rawdge-AE

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

The free movement option is working for me. Always before I never really liked this option, but now that I'm starting to get use to it I'm begining to like it :), may just stick with it all together.

Btw, great job Amon and Rawdge, looks like you two are really trying to stay on top of things around here [Y]. [Same goes for the rest, I'm sure the rest of the Dev team is doing like wise, so don't think we have forgot about you (them)either [H]]

FYI the version of the client now on Blight should correct this issue. Once it has been approved, it will be available to the other shards.

Thread Information