Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems After New Patch

Altair

Default Problems After New Patch

Ok guys and gals since we al know the "Level" of communication around here I thought it a good idea to start this thread. If you have a problem post it here, and if you know a solution to this problem or something that might help out post that here as well.

***PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD IS NOT OF FLAMING, RANTING, OR ANY OF THE NORMAL THAT USSUALLY GOES ON*** ( HOPEFULLY )

Here's one of my biggest problems with the game currently

1) In combat when i cast spells my character will just stand there and not cast or attack. But if i move him just a little he will start casting.

2) Another problem i have is when in combat the mobs have a tendency to move for no apparent reason and this usually bust my cast because my character auto follows the mobs when in combat. Anyone know how to turn off this auto follow feature?

Altair Argannon
    EOI

Default Re: Problems After New Patch

1) no clue

2) i believe the option 'free movement' toggles this on or off

Ahck.. dont tell me the old "freeze up" bug is back !...
    I seem to remeber a feature that you can disable , so your toon wont follow the mob while
    it decides to "push" you around...
    It's most anoying.. never ever ever, engage a mob in melee if you want to cast a spell on it,
    cuz when it decides its time for a little dance, you will follow.. and spell is interupted..
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

1 - Char stuttering while moving up and down the Z axis (that is the vertical axis).

2 - Mobs 'moonwalking' instead of standing still until the next attack is avail.

3 - Mobs following your exact movements instead of choosing the quickest path to you.

4 - Animations sometimes fail, and sometimes a caster will completely freeze.

That's all I can remember/think of now, but will give more as I re-discover them.

Altair: To turn off the 'Auto-follow Mob' feature, go to Options > Options > tick the 'Free Movement' checkbox.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Altair

Sweet Guess I'll toggle it when i get home tonight :) Thanks gang!!!

1 - On Order, many folks have an xp bug where all classes are set to 0 xp in the char main window and to negative xp in the schools window (or vice versa). It is cured by killing one thing, for which you get ALL the missing xp ... nice to get a couple mill xp for one desert wolf, but a pain if you are multiclassed and must switch to each class to reset your xp bar.

You also have to craft one thing that gives you xp to reset your crafter xp bar, again a pain if you are multiclassed. Marketplace chatter suggested this must be redone each time you log in; I did not test that.

2 - had someone walk behind me into my house. To my eyes he then kept walking to the other door, walked backwards to the first door, forward, backward ... over and over again. Kind of an extended moonwalk.

3 - map does not have plots any more. I assume this is to end the map lag. Map's colors are lovely but it is a bit harder to read text and markings on it, turning those to black instead of white would make a huge difference.

4 - Dragon buffs have lost half their bonuses; this is discussed fully in other threads.

5 - I relogged to bring in my main char and then could not get past the char loading screen until I retrieved my world cache from the recycle bin. May have been coincidence that I got in after doing that, and I'm sure the login issue was due to Order's database issues. Those issues have reportedly been cured (forms not loading, etc).

6 - personal whine here :) -- many folks were exclaiming about wonderful fps, like 50 or 60. Best I saw was a brief 30, then settled into 15.4 or so for quite a while when I was just sitting still in my house. Grrr. (and to forestall flames, this one is tongue in cheek and I am not considering it a true problem, lol).

-Levity Merrel

20 frames in bristugo without other players arround .. -50%
    7-10 frames in Kion -50+%
    16 frames at my plot -40%

overall this "performance-client" fuXXed up my frames badly.
    Game "hangs" very often while moving ..

GF4 TI Ultra here .. running ok before the patch.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Elfie_Elf

In Tradalar I was geting 15 fps ,, after patch I got as high as 32 fps.. go figure! [*-)]

I don't enable free movement, because then I can't rotate the camera with mouse-lock during combat. Insead, I hit space before casting - stopping my attack. If I ain't engaged, I won't follow, and the casting in uninterupted...

Altair

I've noticed that my FPS seems to be getting worse but i never really looked.

Also noticed The monsters doing the moon walk, didnt bother me to much. Guess it's because it didnt seem to affect combat all that much. But on the flip side I have also notice that some mobs ( Purple Tarantua's ) seem to be moving around alot after engaging in combat.

Altair
    EOI

4 - Dragon buffs have lost half their bonuses; this is discussed fully in other threads.
    Just wanted to clear this up... It was a display error and a hotfix has already been applied for it. Dragon buffs were not altered with this patch.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Good to know, Amon, thanks. My poor bewildered Elf in Dragon form needs every boost she can get ;).

-Levity

Heya Altair,
    As for the 'hung' combat or even gathering/mining I've ALWAYS had this problem . about 70% of the time I have to tap rotate charactr to begin my attack or mining.
    I thought it was just a 'feature' of the engine. It was reported fixed 2-3 times in the last year or so though. I am hoping that one of these times it will fix my situation. At any rate, it has become second nature to 'attack' or 'gather' then tap "turn" right to execute. Hotkeys don't appear to be affected by it as much, so if it's critical, you may wish to move your repeater attack or gather to a hotkey bar.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Only have one problem after patch. Crash on login of main char.
    Waiting for objects around player to load -> crash
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

running an over clocked 2.4ghz pentium 4, with 1ghz ram running a geforce ti4600 120mb. before patch was getting a nice Smooth 32 fps.. now i get a very choppy box like 7fps now.. i reinstalled the game. and it only made it worse.. running on high performance.. so its not my end.. friend down the street plays HZ as well. and he cant even play the game anymore.

Same here, much more lag and the movement is very choppy.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm running a 1.8GHz P4 768MB RAM, Radeon 7500 64MB vid card. My fps under normal circumstances (DSL or dialup, doesn't matter) have been anywhere from 3.2 (even on DSL) to as high as maybe 16 (DSL only) depending on whether I'm near a town or standing still in the middle of nothing. Just got a new GeForce 5700LE 256MB. Hope it will make the fps jump. What gets me is that while I'm fiddling around in the 7-8 fps range on DSL, a friend on the same DSL line gets upwards of 50 FPS on a P4 2.4 GHz with 1GB RAM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I notice no real change in performance with the new patch (other than the map being much faster).

I still average around 8-10 fps in town and about 15 fps in the countryside. Right at login I get over 40 fps, but that rapidly declines.

System:
    P4 3.2 ghz
    1 gb PC 3200 DDR ram
    Geforce 5900fx ultra with 128 mb ram 67.22 drivers.
    ISP: tried both DSL and cable.

Horizons is far and away the choppiest game I own, which is not a good thing.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

C`gan, from my experience the diff in frames comes down to he has more RAM and processor power.

I have a 3.2 p4, 512 ram, 256 card.....avg 40-50 FPS when in wilderness, alone, and 15-25 when in most towns with people. Previously had the same specs but a 128 meg card.....diff in frames was almost negligible, maybe 4-5 difference.

Aug and New Rach brings me down to 5-10.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Well I'm having entirely different grahpical issues...and I have no CLUE what this is about! *chuckles*

Granted I've been outside feledan everynight since the patch, and Feledan always crashes my system. But prior to the patch I wasn't having these specific issues. And my grahpics is on lowest setting (due to it being outside Feledan).

After about 20 or so minutes in game, all my graphics start getting screwy. My buff icons inthe window repeat, as in at one point although I had up four different buffs - they were all denoted by the Determination Icon, then all by the PV icon. Then some were white boxes.

Loot tables were unviewable, I could see the little numbers in the corner but the pictures themselves were either just not there, or it was a white box.

The backgrounds on the "click" boxes (as in when you rightclick to loot) were all wierd blue/black backgrounds - not the normal blue. Words were unreadable in detail windows - just a bunch of half letter jibberish.

Also spell effect sparklies were no longer 'pixie dust" littel sparkly looking - but became big spheres of one dimensional color.

After an hour or so, the arbotus starting switching colors - some went all white, at a distance they were all red. Sometimes this would switch back to normal looking arbotus, and sometimes I"d be fighting all red or all white arbotus (Albino Arbotus btw, are ugly).

Other dragons came into the area, their colors were switching as well.

This isn't a problem right after I log in, only happens after 20-30 minutes in game and then just continues to get worse.

I have also observed a delay, if not a being "stuck" in some attacks and spell castings unless I twitch/move my character. I esp. notice this with Galewind - it seems to sit in the 2nd box and never "trigger" itself unless I move my character. It also happens with spells, but seems to be pretty 100% of the time standard, with my galewind attack.

Hope that helps - oh and I'm on a AMD 2800+, 1 gig ram, and a NVideo 6800 GT OC.

Thread Information