Thread: Some problems

Ark_Veinsplitter

Default Some problems

Just got the free trial, and i have some problems.

1. Looting doesnt seem to work, or if it does it takes 20 seconds to pop up.
    2. When portal-ing around i seem to crash 75% of the time. If i dont crash my system gets REALLY slow.
    3. Mobs dont seem to be attacking me at all, they just kinda stand around letting me beat them up.
    4.When logging in i often get a "Creating Terrain around player" message, and it then just freezes up, farocing me to end task Horizons, i ahve left it for 30 mins earlier and it didnt actually do anything.
    5. My vault doesnt seem to load, i put some stuff in yesterday, but now i cant open it up, it just freezes and does nothing.
    6. How come when i go to Kion, most of the people appear as a weird sillouette kinda of shape, eventually they kinda..load, but it looks odd and kills the immersion.
    7.I seem to CTD at random, maybe once an hour (Aside from crashing when portalling)
    8.Sometimes when im running aorund, i'll suddenly keel over and die, despite me ahving full HP's and no mobs been around.
    9. How much are the houses or apartments to buy andhow much are they?
    10. Why is my FPS so Low? i can play EQ2, Ryzom etc with full details and no problems, and both of those are much more graphically intense than Horizons!? I only seem to get 25FPOS in the country, and i go down to 5FPS in cities like Tazoon.

My system is

AMD 64 3200
    1GB DDR2 Ram
    GF 6800 FX
    SB Audigy2 7.1 ZS
    180GB SATA drive
    2MB ADSL
    Windows XP, SP2

Hope you can help, i can see potential, but unless i get these issues sorted by Tuesday i wont be subscribing after my trial.

Thanks for your help

Default Re: Some problems

the problem is serverside, [:(]
    You can't do anything else, than put the graphic details lower.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

P4 3 GHz
    9800Pro 256
    120 GB mirror
    1 GB Mem Corsair dual cas 2 PC3500
    Audigy 2 platinum

other machine

AMD64 3 GHz
    9800 Prp 128
    120 GB HD
    1 GB Mem value cas 2.5 PC3500
    onboard audio

>>>> Still play in low/medium GFX mode (1280x1024) with >>ALL<< GFXoptions turned off and viewdistance to 1/4th <<<<

However my AMD machine seems to be more stable.

This solves the FPS issue though.

Greetz.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Syrith_Ice

My only suggestion that works for me on my old 1.2 gig machine is play in a maxed window. for some reason this works so much better than full screen.

It also cuts lag onthe 2.6 gig pc too. and after a bit you don't notice you're in a window

Neema

Ive been playing a pretty long time, and although I have experienced a few of the problems in your list, some of them are new to me.. However, I do have a great solution to your portal problems..

Go into your options under video andslidethe view distance terrain bar all the way to the left beforeyou port.. It used to take me anywhere from 3 - 5 minutes porting around, now I can port to South or West Tazoon in about 5 seconds and no lag whenI get there...! After you reach your destination, simply slide your bar back to your preference ( i generally keep mine at about 60 percent)..

Works like a charm for me!

As far as the problem you have with the mobs not beating you up, I sure wish i had that one once in awhile..[:D] and the other one where you are running and randomly die (perhaps the mobs hadnt loaded on your screen) sometimes I approach areas very slowly (on my tippy toes) to give the server time to load the mobs.

And the CTD's, well atm there is a nasty bug but I think they patched a relief for which I havent tested yet but will when I log in this morning..

All in all, you're certainly right about HZ, its a great game with lots of potential!

Good luck to you !

Neema
    Istaria Holding Co.

Ark_Veinsplitter

Well thanks for all your help.

Im only a casual gamer, an hour a day at most, however there are just too many bugs crashes and lag issues for me to play this game.

Im not too tech savvy, but i dont seem to be able to find the cancel account button or screen on the website, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again for your help, i'll start another trial next year and see if the bugs, lag and crashes are sorted enough for me to enjoy the game.

Blue_Moonrider

MY Account>Billing>Cancel should help you out there. They are switching to ipay from ibill at the moment so you may have trouble cutting your account but they(AE) have stated that billing is suspended for the moment.

Thread Information