Thread: Nice graphic quality improvement I see. Thanks (graphic intensive)

Default Nice graphic quality improvement I see. Thanks (graphic intensive)

WOO!

Now my old iron I use for vault character runs double as fast! [:D]

And in my primary computer I got my textures back. Happy dragon now. [H]

So, something is being done for real this time (sure with bugs but the results are visible).

Anyone else finds difference with the "shininess" and detail of his textures since this last client patch?

Before:
    Opaque, flat back.

After:
    Bumpy and detailed back and legs

Before:
    Poorly textured neck (and blurred in general everywhere).

After:
    Sharp, detailed everywhere, fine like I am supposed to be [H]

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Nice graphic quality improvement I see. Thanks (graphic intensive)

your right I do look better....but then I was always a lady killer to began with [;)]

Yeah, I think I noticed a little better detail on my decals as well. Maybe even a little more definition in my scales, which is very hard to see on a black with blue highlight.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

gopher65

Wowcool! I hadn't noticed this. I'm going to log and check this right away:). But what are decals?

Decals are the patterns that you could put on your dragon at startup (ie zebrastripes, etc.)

Of note: you could actually get those sharp textures pre-patch, but you had to turn off character texture level of detail meaning that all objects on the screen rendered with the highest resolution textures. Hopefully this means that texture level of detail is fixed. I'll have to login and reactivate it.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I played the last weeks eq2, and now coming back and couldn't believe how nice Istaria is now.
    Yes, you hear right, hz beats eq2 even graphically (being superior in all other parts anyway)!
    (btw try eq2 and you know how good hz really is)
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Beta-guild from Earth - and we are still here!
    Unity

Actually, I think they fixed one of the sliders in the Video Options, namely the "Character Texture Level of Detail Quality".
    Before patch, having this slider on max made no difference (what I could see), the only way to improve it was to uncheck the option and by doing so disabling the slider.

Downsidewith having slider on max isthat it lags more in populated areas.

Bipeds see little change when on max, you have to zoom in quite close to see anything. Dragons on the other hand look great with this option on max.

[Y]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Thread Information