Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Changes to Multiple Enemy Experiance

Default Feedback on Changes to Multiple Enemy Experiance

Post your feed back here .

Default Re: Feedback on Changes to Multiple Enemy Experiance

About time.

I noticed that to hit the '2x' limit, a pull of about 5 to 7 mobs will reach it (these were L80-85's). Not unreasonable in my opinion. Makes for a good fight and a good reward for a non-silly-rated group.

Very nice, although I'd still give flat 0 exp to leechers outside 20 levels off the hightest character in group.

They say they just group with so much lower people to "stay in company with friends who joined the game later?" (liars [;)]) no problem, the friendship will be served well even if the latter will enjoy company at 0 exp. [H]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well one thing I think needs to be added to the change is never let more monsters aggro you than you can gain xp for through multi-enemy. Why should we gain no extra xp for the extra monsters that jump on us ? Last I heard it was risk vs. REWARD...with the lack of loot (or at least lack of sellable loot) on most mobs these days you just nerfed about the only reward left in game.

Good job making the game just a bit less enjoyable once again. I'll be thinking about my options from this day on. Something I never thought I'd say. I think the community aspect of this game just cameone step closer to death, let the exploiters get away with murder and ruin the game for the players who still enjoy playing the old way.

Why should we gain no extra xp for the extra monsters that jump on us ?
    If you aggro 20 mobs instead of 10, the reward would be for you to stay alive after you were so imprudent.

*Sits down, waiting the near future for the obligatory: "I'll quit with all my 700 guildies!". Basically two shards.*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Good to see some form of restriction although I will say I'll miss seeing big numbers on the rare occasions I did.

I'm still inclined to remove multiple mob and group bonus for group members who are rated 20 below the creature though
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

About dang time, get rid of at least some of the leeching, and doesn't seem to affect normal group or solo experince noticeably...Thanks devs <Big grin>
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Finally, a step in the right direction. And as TulgAE continues "observing players who group for combat" to ensure a lower level character earns the proper "reward [for] the stamina and skil for true level oriented rewardsl" . . . those characters with a adv. rating or max adv. level that is over 20 below the monster receives the experience they have earned . . . about 0.

The grouping system in Horizons is nice, unfortunately they seem to head toward Elnath (or the massive tier III golem spawn). There are other areas for characters to enjoy that "important social part of Horizons", where they actually contribute to group efforts besides say "/g ding"s

Just have to see what that cap is, if any would post their experiences to help TulgAE with this.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyr
    Well one thing I think needs to be added to the change is never let more monsters aggro you than you can gain xp for through multi-enemy. Why should we gain no extra xp for the extra monsters that jump on us ? Last I heard it was risk vs. REWARD...with the lack of loot (or at least lack of sellable loot) on most mobs these days you just nerfed about the only reward left in game.

Good job making the game just a bit less enjoyable once again. I'll be thinking about my options from this day on. Something I never thought I'd say. I think the community aspect of this game just cameone step closer to death, let the exploiters get away with murder and ruin the game for the players who still enjoy playing the old way.
    That's your problem. As a player its your responsibility not to aggro too much - not AE's.

On the upside, these changes sound like welcome news indeed. It looks like AE/Tulga has listened to the players and instituted a much needed change. With luck this will reduce some of the silly leveling going on restoring more balance to the game.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    . . . those characters with a adv. rating or max adv. level that is over 20 below the monster receives the experience they have earned . . . about 0.,
    You must be joking, this sounds easy, but let me take an example:
    Even in the good old world, no multi-bonus, lvling with the marrows I was Multiclassing RVR and HLR - at HLR lvl 43 Rating in the mid 50's I was able to take single Marrows (lvl 80) solo - so why no Xp for that?
    Btw. my Xp for that was capped anyway...

On the other hand right now I'm lvl 80+ SPRD, with my other schools I can cast all the spirit and nature lines of spells up to T4 and some T5 and can hurt those lvl 120 Fyakki quite well, but have the lil problem that I easily run out of HP while hunting groups of 'em and only have access to the two Revitalizes....
    A backup HLR even lvl 70+ helps a lot (or other school with all the heals and HLR in the lvl) - if he know's his business - and I, yes I, with my Rating 140+ gain my XP quite a lot faster then Solo, as I can Focus on killing stuff....so what now? Taking more care about how the XP is shared is for shure better then saying, wow a lvl xy, rating yz he must be powerlvld, so bann him....

EDIT: forgot to mention, large groups aren't my thing anyway, I do lot's of solo and prefer small groups, at leastnot larger then 5 members if possible (exception: Anchor hunts)

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Gunnyr wrote: Well one thing I think needs to be added to the change is never let more monsters aggro you than you can gain xp for through multi-enemy. Why should we gain no extra xp for the extra monsters that jump on us ? Last I heard it was risk vs. REWARD...with the lack of loot (or at least lack of sellable loot) on most mobs these days you just nerfed about the only reward left in game.

That's your problem. As a player its your responsibility not to aggro too much - not AE's.

On the upside, these changes sound like welcome news indeed. It looks like AE/Tulga has listened to the players and instituted a much needed change. With luck this will reduce some of the silly leveling going on restoring more balance to the game.
    I dont know - with the spawn engine the way it is I dont really think its "our fault" anymore.

Often tiomes I may only mean to pull one or two, and I pull and I run back keeping them both - get to an area I THINK I'm safe to fight in. Only 20 seconds into the fight 8 other creatures pop around me and I'm screwed.

So it isn't our responsiblity not to aggro to much until the spawn problem gets fixed. As its not our fault we got aggroed. I mean I've literalky watched a stie for 10 minutes, thought I found a safe pull spot - only to have more monsters pop there just when I decide to fight :).

However, making it so that "no more monsters after you have 10 don't aggro you" isn't teh answer either - as then that just makes people maxing out in the middle of a mob and never having to worry about adds.

Multiple Targets at once should give proper exp, as far a addional bonus goes....well, I can only judge from my experience...any monster wich can not harm you till a percentage of, lets say, 7% should give no EXP at all ( including Bonus EXP )

But if I am able to kill at Level 75( adv. Rating )a Level 100 Creature, I sure want the EXP ( capped or not ).

And if I am able to kill multiple enemys ( all are wacking at me ) and they can harm me with more than those suggested 7%...well,I want the bonus as well.

How to solve the Problem in group combat ?
    This is ( as I think )the Origin of the all the blamed "leeching", a limit in monstercount as bonus faktor for said "Bonus EXP" would be wrong...but, how about to keep the current math and cap it with the maximum EXP for two Monsters at your current level ( this would prevent the abuse we see now ).

To be honest, I dont realy care if others get more EXP or are geting higher levels in a short time with all those Pwerleveling ...but this discussion doesnt fit here in this Thread anyways [:)]

Greetings

-Yas`Azhat

...a step in the right direction for sure. I welcome this change...

good change.. people will have to earn their lvls now... no more powerlvled noobs....
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Why should we gain no extra xp for the extra monsters that jump on us ?

If you aggro 20 mobs instead of 10, the reward would be for you to stay alive after you were so imprudent.

*Sits down, waiting the near future for the obligatory: "I'll quit with all my 700 guildies!". Basically two shards.*

Nice to see the ones talking about lack of community usually tend to be the rude ones screaming nerf.

As it stands now we have a completely broken game which can't seem to get fixed no matter how hard the devs try and never will if they spend more time trying to drive away the existing playerbase with nerfs rather than try fixing bugs...say such as...walking dead, broken guildhouse storage, negative experience totals, broken spells, forms not showing details, missing quests, missing formulas...and I can think of quite a few more...oh and did I forget to mention the 20 to 30 mobs that jump on me all at once due to a combination of lag and the "superb" (read:sarcasm) new spawn system we've received. I usually find myself dead due to huge golem spawn (platinum and cobalt) due to them being invisible as they all appear at once !!!

Oops almost forgot to mention that with evasion still broken that's another "risk" we fail to be "rewarded" for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jaraiden wrote: . . . those characters with a adv. rating or max adv. level that is over 20 below the monster receives the experience they have earned . . . about 0.,You must be joking, this sounds easy, but let me take an example:
    Even in the good old world, no multi-bonus, lvling with the marrows I was Multiclassing RVR and HLR - at HLR lvl 43 Rating in the mid 50's I was able to take single Marrows (lvl 80) solo - so why no Xp for that?
    Btw. my Xp for that was capped anyway...

On the other hand right now I'm lvl 80+ SPRD, with my other schools I can cast all the spirit and nature lines of spells up to T4 and some T5 and can hurt those lvl 120 Fyakki quite well, but have the lil problem that I easily run out of HP while hunting groups of 'em and only have access to the two Revitalizes....
    20 is a commonly used number, maybe it should be 25.

Either way, TulgAE is looking at the adventure schools prior to raising the cap (as PJ quoted from IRC, which hopefully is true). I would think they would especially look attemplate builds or common core MC combinations. Maybe even build their own combat toons as they revise the schools and test them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralle
    But if I am able to kill at Level 75 ( adv. Rating ) a Level 100 Creature, I sure want the EXP ( capped or not ).
    Again, when TulgAE reviews the adventure schools.

The main focus is earning experience while grouped against monsters. If solo, that character can kill it, they should get their share of the group experience. If not, then none. Like someone posted elsewhere, how much knowledge does a medical student get while watching a neurosurgeon operate?

Like I stated in the earlier post, knowing TulgAE doesn't test these changes, the players should give feedback on the new multiple enemy XP bonus system as they test it with varied levels in the group. Perhaps in a separate post with numbers.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

MMAI_ice

Does this change bring in more customers? Dont think so...
    Does it help to keep existing players from not quitting this game earlier? Dont think so...

Are there other things that could have been done at the same time? Hell yes...

I think its a good development. This way you can better hunt in groups with players that are around your level, and this causes more fun as you have to play your character well to survive as group (and group members have to play well too)

Quote Originally Posted by MMAI_ice
    Does it help to keep existing players from not quitting this game earlier? Dont think so...
    if you get to lvl 100 in a week, then you quit before the trial has expired as you have achieved the max ingame and there is not much left to do, now that is good for keeping players

I don't think people will quit or not join Horizons.
    All it makes is that instead of getting 20k xp for a kill in large groups atrating 50, you'll get around 10, no much of a change and I think it'sa good one.

Does it help to keep existing players from not quitting this game earlier?
    I know of 3 that quit due to the rampant powerlevelling and the consequences that this brings to the community.

So, yes, calming the powerlevelling will keep good players in, leechers will get a little incentive to quit. Can't say I am displeased at both.

And no, I don't see an urge in keeping powerleechers just to grab some more penny in subscriptions. Better no game than crap game.

Thread Information