Thread: couple of newbie questions for monks out there.

Amras Celebrindal

Default couple of newbie questions for monks out there.

I am currently a lvl 14 monk working my way up to storm d. What I need to know is what I need to train for skills.

I have my evasion up as far as it will go as most monks suggests although at this lvl it seems to make very little difference. I am also working on blacksmith right now so that I can become a fitter to raise my strength.

Do I need to put the rest of my training points into unarmed?

Also, I have been using handwraps that have 7-9 crush damage with a delay of 25 that I bought off of a consigner. Are these really worth using or do I need to just go back to my bare hands? If I do have these on do I need to train unarmed or crush?

Default Re: couple of newbie questions for monks out there.

the single advice I could give, is stop playing your monk and make any other character. The zerker seems doing well.

The monk class is so much unfinished that it is (imho) not funny at all.

I stopped playing this game (3 month ago) because I put to much time in my sprd 65/ shaman 57/ cleric 25/bloodmage 30(removed)/ monk 23/ warrior 2/ alchimist/blk/... character before to understand that this class was no fun.

Please stop before it is to late because this game has a lot to show.

I come often here in order to read if good news finally happen to that unfinished class[:S]; but I fear nothing is close to happen.

Default Re: couple of newbie questions for monks out there.

RE: TP's. UA and Str are good bets. UA because it assists a LITTLE with damage, a lot on to hit, and a bit for Parry. Str because damage is GOOD. If you are finding you are missing a lot, UA is definitely the way to go.

As for the handwraps look at the UA Mastery that you have, and consider it. Don't forget to take 2 levels of warrior for parry if you stick to handwraps. I forgot where the 'dead' zone is for wraps, but they are about every 5 levels, with the exception where you jump tiers, there is a 10 level span. In that span you have to consider if it's worth it or not, especially when you get to double teched tools and bags, since a double teched set can give you something like +24 str,and armour or health (choose two Tech III's for bag, and same for Tool).

Don't put any points into 1 or 2 handed crush, since those are weapon melee skills.

-HratLi

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, if you didn't know we are the Gimps of the game, with no hope of any love coming for a while. As soon as you switch to stormD, you will be hunting below your level when soloing forever unless you multi class heavily. Happily Stormies and SpiritD's have it easiest in my opinion since our spells are decent and a lot of healer buffs/rez crossover. By decent, keep in mind they won't likely land regularly enough to do anything until you hit mid-early 50's, even if you tech them with accuracy.

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information