Thread: Performance Issues

Default Performance Issues

Ok, I'm sure this dosen't actually qualify as a bug, but I wasn't for sure where esle I should post it. I'm trying to avoid submitting a ticket by coming here.

Thing is, is since the patch performance and lag for me has become very very bad and annoying. Before the patch, I could get 30+ fps, sometimes in the 40's and my texMem would range between 12-32 on average.

Now I can only get low 20's fps at best. My texMem runs upwards to 55-110, which at this point the game is literally unplayable. My char stutters constantly and camera movement is jerky and unsatble. Most chars are grey blobs for long periods.I have been playing since release and have never encountered such horrid performance as I do now. Actually, I have always ran pretty ******** good considering and never encountered much problems.

I really hope this is being looked into quickly and a fix is applied soon. I have faith in you all :)

System specs:
    amd athlon xp 2000+
    512 ddr 3200 memeory
    5200 Nvidia 256mb
    80 westgate hd 8mb cache 7200rpm
    c-media onbaord 6-channel audio
    Windows xp pro sp2
    resolution 800x600
    Basically run with default in game option settings
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Re: Performance Issues

Try going into Video Options and putting the "Character Texture Level of Detail Quality" slider to minimum. I think this slider was fixed in the latest patch.

Bipeds see little change when having this option on max, you have to zoom in quite close to see anything. Dragons on the other hand look great with this option on max.
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Thanks for the reply firedragon and the suggestion, it was greatly appreciated, but unfortunately it didn't help, atleast for me. I tried re-arraning several things in the options menu, but nothing I did helped [:'(]

I really hope they are looking into this. Has there been any mention that they are aware of the problem? That they have a possible solution? An eta on when this might be fixed? I really wish we could get this resolved, I'm greatly concerned about it. Even a statement like "we are aware of the problem, we don't know how to fix it yet, but we are working on it, so no eta yet", would be atleast something. Thanks again.

:o
    File a support ticket with a screenshot showing your lagwindow.

You can aslo add a screenie of you video options with the lagwindow present to just make sure they see your settings are fine...

Do you play in windowed mode or fullscreen?

I was told by someone else to play my game res the same as my desktop res... I also play in fullscreen. There is also an option in a def file to enable a buffer before drawing the image... I dont think there is an in game option to enable it... I think it was in the graphics def file...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I'll look into the graphic.def file and see if I can find the buffer, at this point I'm desperate for anything [:P]. I play in full screen mode and withthe sameresolution settings as my desktop (800x600). I've also noticed many vertical lines in the graphics of certain objectsin the distance like snow covered rocks, trees ect.

Some screenshotswith adescriptive support ticket sounds like a good idea at this point. I also have some family that play, with similar system sepcs as mine that are having the exact same problems. Thanks for the input so far on this issue everyone, hopefully we can getthings back to normal soon.

Zarcharien,

The first thing I would recommend doing is going to the options window and resetting your in-game settings. Then relog. This will reset your graphics to the recommended and then you can adust upwards or downwards from there. But it should help your performance.

Also, if you continue having problems please open a support case. Include your DxDiag as it is helpful for us to have the driver and hardware information there to look at.

Finally, if you have not done so, I recommend updating to the latest version of video drivers.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

gopher65

If you mean Nvidia drivers, they suck. Don't get 67.22 (I think that is the one I am thinking of). Wait till the next driver comes out. Very buggy.

Thread Information