Thread: Dr. Suess Meets the Loot System

Default Dr. Suess Meets the Loot System

Accused of abusing The pawnbrokers I feed A?hunting I went For the coin that I need Now why do I need coin You might very well ask Why must I regard A game as a task? The answer is simple I say with a grin I need better armor If e?re I?m to ?win? I need mithril amor Not scalemail but plate For the Tier 5 beasties Oft pound on my pate And I?m tired of dying I?m tired of the crap Of a beast hitting through me My armor of cellophane wrap And so I head out To beasts what drop loot Fire golems and pygmies And they give me the boot I kill one, maybe two E?re all their cousins appear I collect maybe two silver E?re I?m running in fear For a dozen or more Of their brothers do spawn On top of my arse While I?m fighting the one But then I come back And fight do I hours Scything the ogres And pygmies like golden-rimmed flowers And when I look up And heal from my pains I see to my horror All that I?ve ?gained? A trophy or three Maybe even a comp For the hours I?ve spent Risking my life in this romp But then what should I spy But a beast with a name OMG I will get Great loot! I exclaim I parry, I block Attack with my might I risk my life and my soul To down a boss tonight I know I might die But ******** all my balls! This boss I shall fell E?re the evening falls! And fall does the boss With my health bar so low That I wonder today How I managed his blows And so anticipation Verily filled all my veins When I clicked on his corpse And wish filled my brains And there was his loot All laid out for me A couple of sap Hmm, maybe three No coin, not a form Not even a tech Pardon me friends But that made me wretch So today I?ll go back To PB ?abuse? With the loot system borked Beasties haven?t a use Vilify me And rag on my friends We?re all simple crafters Making the means meet the ends Would that I could Make the coin that I need To get the forms and techs For the mouths I must feed But you see it?s not easy Without a PB To sell useless things To gather the gold for me My children, my clients Are starving you see Because I can?t make for them Shoot, I can?t make for me All the tools that they need All the weapons they seek Oh not today Not even this week I hunt and I hunt I die and I die And once in a month Is there a tech I can spy So after a month Of hunting and dying I haven?t got much That is really worth buying Blighted gem transmutation Oooo! Now that?s really a find! The only player who?ll buy it Is quite out of his mind So thanks for the loot! Ye Gods of Istaria! If I wasn?t drunk I?d be in hysteria . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Dr. Suess Meets the Loot System

another great one :P keep em coming Tant!!

<HUGS>
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

BRAVO!!!!

*cheers wildly*[Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][:)][:D][:D]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

your point is so true some sap from a named....tch named need real drops i agree
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Gwynnifer ApHelion

Love it, Tantalyr. All too painfully true, I'm afraid. I went hunting tonight for the first time in about a month -- tried out jade golems, topaz golems, and cobalt golems. Ended up with a few chipped pieces of golem and one trophy, but atleast it wasn't rock salt or snowballs. And one nice thing about the drops being less than inspiring --myconstruction skills areprogressing nicely.

Hehe, a wonderful way of getting your point across.

Oh and the named monsters part should ring bells for so many of us. It would be very nice if they had something even a little exciting on their bodies.... we can hope.....

Rainbow

Great job, Tantalyr.

Makes me dream of Dark Stalkers...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

<applause>
    [ip]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Well done.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Morenth