Thread: Crossbowman???

Default Crossbowman???

Any crossbowman who can give me some feedback what they think of their class?
    Good vs. Bad etc.

(Thinking of making an alt.)
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

gopher65

Default Re: Crossbowman???

Pros:

-Can wear Scale/Plate armor (the best there is ingame)
    -Gets 11 Xbow/turn (vgood)

Cons:
    -No (inate)magical ability, and not many spells are castable by them
    -Abilities are almost a carbon copy of Scout (although this could eventually change when AE rethinks some of the incomplete classes (as they are doing with dragon right now)
    -Can't use a bow. Although if you like Xbows more than bows like I do, then this isn't a problem for you

Yeah it suck that Crossbowmans can't cast many spells. Hard to multiclass with. But since it's an alt i think i'll manage.
    Just one more Q: Is there any other way i can reduce the delay on the crossbow except of putting power shot on it? Put alot of tp's in dex? or strength?
    Ular Naga

Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

reduce? i think PS adds to delay (+2 delay etc) because you do better damage when PSing

getting quicker can only be done by alacrity, gnome prowess and energize iiac

OH!!!??? I didn't know that!
    Thanks for telling me Sibbe :)
    And since my alt is a gnome i think i will survive :)
    Ular Naga

Unity Shard

Thalak

I love xbow, and it was my first prestige school when the game went retail. Not many true xbow folks left from what I have seen. It really is a nice solo school and can be greatly augmented bymulti-schooling: cleric or healer for gifts/raises & heals plus despirit.

As far as delay goes regular xbows have a definite delay advantage over the heavy models with damage trade-off. Power shot gets a nice boost when using the heavy models with the higher delay.

Good fortune in your xbow adventuring.

Xbowman is definitely a fun school. Another con for this class that wasn't mentionedisthe fact that xbowmans onlyget8 au per lvl. Thisdisadvantage starts to become more obvious as you reach tier iv (or it did for me, anyways) and fights started to become more dicey. But that's just my opinion...
    fangorus
    -----------------
    What would YOU Do?

Thread Information