Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed; cant still login !

Default Help needed; cant still login !

Heya all,

It's since the latest Patch that i'm not able to login to the game anymore, even if on the Horizon Site it says that that issue was solved at 14.01 2005.....

After loading the game engine i get just the sandclock turning, but nothing more happens....

Opened also a case on ther support site, but not sure to receive an answer from them :-(

So if someone has some hints to regain game access it would very nice

Best regards,

Knud

Default Re: Help needed; cant still login !

did you try to reinstall the game?

i know this takes loads of download of all changes.

i guess you have been running the full scan and deleting the world cache

Could finally log in ....
    But it's pretty laggy since, hopeit will not stay like this.

tixty

I still have to try about 10-20 times before i can log in. Usually it just hangs at "Receiving Initial Position" or "Receivin Char Info" :( .. And i use 2 computers every day and both do the same. SAD

I had the same problem, hangs for 20+ minutes at receiving characters initial position. My alt did work, so i switched to him, while waiting for support to figure things out. I am not about to try it 20 times to get in...

maybe try to delete your character settings, it helps in some cases

TharkSshesar

Same problem here, its stuck at receiving character position. I reinstalled the game on another computer...same problem. Luca tried to connect my character server side and he said it worked fine.I reinstalled it on mine, it worked the first time i logged in after patching butwhen i logged out and tried to relogin again it remained stuck. I talked with Amon and he said in NA some players have the same problem and that he is still lookin at the logs to understand whats wrong.

Exavier

what graphic card do you guys have? The ones with login troubles

tixty

Sorry, but i dont want to conf all my settings once again.. no thx (will take some hours).. i have better things to do [:|] ... and besides .. i dont think it helps anyway as i use 2 PC's to play and both have same problem

Heya all,

Have exactly the same problem again :((
    Could login yesterday evening after i reinstalled the whole game, but by trying to enter today still remain stuck on a black screen with turning sandclock, so nothing changed.
    The answer froem Horizons was to disable Firewalland Antivirus Programs, but neither of these is installed on my game pc.....
    Also guildies of mine are not able to login with the main character, think that they should keep thisbloody patches in use for some timeBEFORE making the whole community angry....
    End the best for last; the lag in the game is so horrible that i could not recommend this game to friends anymore, it's not playing this....
    It's just a waist of time and resources
    Best regards,
    Knud

Quote Originally Posted by Knud
    Heya all,

Have exactly the same problem again [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img](
    Could login yesterday evening after i reinstalled the whole game, but by trying to enter today still remain stuck on a black screen with turning sandclock, so nothing changed.
    The answer froem Horizons was to disable Firewalland Antivirus Programs, but neither of these is installed on my game pc.....
    Also guildies of mine are not able to login with the main character, think that they should keep thisbloody patches in use for some timeBEFORE making the whole community angry....
    End the best for last; the lag in the game is so horrible that i could not recommend this game to friends anymore, it's not playing this....
    It's just a waist of time and resources
    Best regards,
    Knud
    Can you try deleting the clientprefs.def file from your Horizons folder? Remember also to clean your Internet Explorer cache.

Let me know if this worked.

Have been having same problems with both log-in & in-game lag, sent 2 tickets to support. Reply back was........"we find nothing wrong on our side with your characters, have you deleted world_cache" !!

So after completely reconfiguring both in-game settings and PC performance settings, I still had same issues. Opted to re-instal game and also updated windows etc.

In short ; can log in now 2 out of 3 times and although I still have lag it is'nt as bad! Best thing is to read any/all relivent info players have posted here and basicly 'tweek' with settings till it improves! Really hope they fix whatever is messed up tho (given response to my ticket however I'm wondering if they are looking into the matter at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Taynn
    Have been having same problems with both log-in & in-game lag, sent 2 tickets to support. Reply back was........"we find nothing wrong on our side with your characters, have you deleted world_cache" !!

So after completely reconfiguring both in-game settings and PC performance settings, I still had same issues. Opted to re-instal game and also updated windows etc.

In short ; can log in now 2 out of 3 times and although I still have lag it is'nt as bad! Best thing is to read any/all relivent info players have posted here and basicly 'tweek' with settings till it improves! Really hope they fix whatever is messed up tho (given response to my ticket however I'm wondering if they are looking into the matter at all).
    Yes, we are looking into the issue (maybe you missed my post in this thread?).

And yes, nothing is wrong server side as we can perfectly login with every character that has been reported.

Anyhow, please try what suggested above and it might help you.

hehe, typing is slow [:P] Looks like it is being looked at! Hi Luca [Y] Are quite a few having same prbs for it to be coincedence tho I think[*-)]

Will do thnx[;)]

Well... I did get in now.... do not like the slow, laggy, shockky running where a small tap on a cursor causes a 100 degree turn of the character... but can play again, if you can call it that..

Report to Mr. Mazzasogni:

Could get in once today with my spare and main character, but after logoff for
    lunch and trying to enter the game afterwards i could not enter anymore.
    Also i repeated the operations of cleaning the foldersmentioned,butnothing changed.
    Still remain stuck after the game engine loads...

I will refrain from foul language.... but must express my irritation at the fact that one of my guild has so many problems... tho will see if i can get back in...

tixty

Just keep trying ... You will get in evenutally but it may take 10 or more tries

10 or more tries...

of couse you do have to give it time, in case of slow isp / connection or server. At normal times login to Horizons takes 5+ minutes... so have to wait at least 10 minutes.... 10 times trying... 100 minutes, or one hour 20...

I really am glad my alt does work even when my regular character doesnt....

Thread Information