Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed; cant still login !

Default Re: Help needed; cant still login !

Heya all,

It's 10 days now that i'm not able to login, all the recommended operations to get access back failed, even reinstalling windows and the game did not solve the problem :@

I begin slowly to loose confidence in the fact that Horizons is able to solve it in the next times N

Knud

I think it´s plain crazy that we need to fix this problem ourselves. Ever since the patch alot of us is having loads of problems login in. I have been encountering loads of crashes since the patch. This kinda looks like the ppl that doesn´t know much about computers aren´t able to play this game as they might not even be able to find this *.def file or know how to empty their IE cache.

During the patch something changed and then daring to tell us it is our fault!!!

As far as I know GN is responcable for the client side too as they are the ones giving us the patch updates which has been giving us these problems and if players still have these problems after a reinstallation of their OS then it´s clearly not their fault this isn´t functioning so Luca don´t come with a reason like this blaming us for this. Sure your server side can be perfectly in order but what if this is one of the patches we get that does the client side ever thought about that???

We are working our asses off trying to give our Unity community events that aren´t given to us and then you have the guts to point issues at us after finally showing your face after 1 month doing nothing with the puny excuse of not being able to login onto the forum while never thinking about going onto IRC to keep us informed.
    We are all paying customers that haven´t left this game yet and we are the ppl paying for your meal so start working for it.

Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    I think it´s plain crazy that we need to fix this problem ourselves. Ever since the patch alot of us is having loads of problems login in. I have been encountering loads of crashes since the patch. This kinda looks like the ppl that doesn´t know much about computers aren´t able to play this game as they might not even be able to find this *.def file or know how to empty their IE cache.

During the patch something changed and then daring to tell us it is our fault!!!

As far as I know GN is responcable for the client side too as they are the ones giving us the patch updates which has been giving us these problems and if players still have these problems after a reinstallation of their OS then it´s clearly not their fault this isn´t functioning so Luca don´t come with a reason like this blaming us for this. Sure your server side can be perfectly in order but what if this is one of the patches we get that does the client side ever thought about that???

We are working our asses off trying to give our Unity community events that aren´t given to us and then you have the guts to point issues at us after finally showing your face after 1 month doing nothing with the puny excuse of not being able to login onto the forum while never thinking about going onto IRC to keep us informed.
    We are all paying customers that haven´t left this game yet and we are the ppl paying for your meal so start working for it.

You just hit it directly why I left a few months ago, Gn is a micky mouse outfit that dont know what they are doing, and the dont deserve my money. As soon as they are gone and the eu servers are in america where they should of been in the firstplace, I might consider comming back to horizons.

TharkSshesar

Ok i'm plagued by your same bug but i resolved it. Now i'll explain you how it works for me:

1) Rename the settings inyour prefs folder to something different than Unity_XXXX (where xxxx is your character name)
    2) Delete Clientprefs in mainfolder
    3) Delete WorldCache
    4) Delete your internet explorer cache (cookies etc)
    5) open the login page and login ( it should let you login)
    6) exit game normally
    7) copy the content of the folder you renamed to new one created and you get to keep your settings

I've made extensive tries. I'm a bloodmage and i get your bug everytime i change class backto bloodmage (game crashes and then i'm stuck at "loading initial position" when i try to relogin.) The way i pointed out works 100% of the times for me and ive done it several times. I've alsotried it on 3 different computers. Hope it helps.

Thark

Foobar Fu

I'm still having problems also logging in my main char....but tbh i don't think i can be a r s e d to follow the 7 steps each time it happens -for me this is a Game its supposed to be Fun. If this were a one off fix sure I'd do it but to have to keep doing it? someone's having a laff and it aint me.

I've got problems still as well.. Today I deleted all the mapfiles, and did a full scan. I did get past the "retrieving character initial location" screen, only to wait for almost half an hour for the game to continue loading. A guildie did a /who eollyn, and saw me online, but without a location. Fhrain saw my character online in kion.

I would have said the database lost my location.. If Fhrain had not seen me..

Anyone have more ideas?

TharkSshesar

I was just providing my two cents worth of knowledge. Its a temporary solution until the Devs in the USA patch the bug, i dont change class all that often so for me its not such a pain in the ******. I do it only like once every 3-4 days and it takes me 5 minutes at most to relogin after i crash.People tend to forget that the Devs are humans and that they dont have istantly a solution to everything. I talked with them, i know they are working on it and that soon or later they will nail down the problem. You cant expect muchhelpif you dont help them helping you.

Well... it would be easier if we actually saw they tried to help us. Far as i hear, from people here, and my own experience with this problem, we are told to delete IE cache, and clientprefs.. and we are told it is not their problem, because they can log in with my character.

Anyway... since these problems began I have been in with my main character 2 times... both after 12+ minutes at the retrieving initial character location screen... and have not changed any schools, not adventure, nor crafting..... so doesnt sound like the same prob....

Eollyn. You can reinstall the maps as they dont have anything to do with the login for sure.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

I was planning to.... But where the mappack used to be quicker then the original maps, for me it has lately not been so.... so will install the mappack if i actually need it, but now that i know locations of most things i need i will wait with installing..

TharkSshesar

Yes we might indeed have different problems that require different solutions... And the best would be that they patched the game so this kind of problems stopped for everyone. All this kind of things started with last patch so something in it must be the cause of the problems.,,

*waiting for objects under player to load* sighhhh [|-)] "Pathetic" [N]

...........waiting for fire to be light under supports ******........... All this nonsense of 'do this , do that and then go here delete this make sure to place here and restart in this way oh oh and remember to "jump up,turn around, pick a bail of cotton" and then it MIGHT allow the game to run as it should!!!!

My obvious question is , are there going to be any fixes sometime soon or should we expect the usual terms we read on patch notes " fix applied to (blah blah) this ""should"" correct problems occured "? [8-)]

Hmm, as i did nothing specific but were able to login without problems the whole weekend - at least they seem to be doing something ...

Just hope they get all players fixed very soon! *Heads up folks!*

Well..... all weekend Eollyn was a dud, could not log in, tried a lot.... this morning i tried for a lark, and did get in... I can only hope I will be able to log in as him again tonight, cus even tho i like playing with my alt (a dragon) Eollyn does have work to do for the guild...

greetings all

o what dreadful prospects

hope i can log in later

different problems aua autsch

if this game works again pls make apost will check it in about 3 hours wwwhen iam home

good luck to all sofar hope we dont get a roll back how ever slim the reason would be

greetings dunkel and family
    dunkel_ice helian 100 100 5,5 mio hoard
    dunkelzahnjr helian 80 42 280 k
    Hrdunkelzahn helian 80 41 280 k
    now all adult

Hi Dunkel,

We wont get a rollback for these problems, that is certain; These problems have existed since the last patch, several days now. I received an update from support today, posted below. This is a copy of a suggestion made earlier by a player.

Eollyn

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hello ,

we have been confirmed that this is a known issue on which the game developers at Artifact Entertainment are currently working on. As soon as it gets fixed a news will be posted in the Release Notes on our login website.

In the meanwhile, we have received a more complete workaround from another player experiencing the same problem as you:

1) Rename the settings in your prefs folder to something different than Unity_XXXX (where xxxx is your character name)

2) Delete Clientprefs in mainfolder

3) Delete WorldCache

4) Delete your internet explorer cache (cookies etc)

5) open the login page and login ( it should let you login)

6) exit game normally

7) copy the content of the folder you renamed to new one created and you get to keep your settings

Hope this can help.

Best regards

Heya all,

Even after the latest patch was applied i still remain stuck by trying to login, i ask myself if i'm the only player having this problem..

No your not alone m8, although my loggin problems have decreased a little or are less frequent they are still happening. From what I can make out these issues have affected a 'select' few (ooooh are'nt we lucky) but I have been assured that devs are working on resolving this fully!

Given that it seems to be only or in most cases the players main char that is either getting stuck on loggin or transport in-game I imagine it is difficult to issolate the exact cause without interupting other players (the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and all that). Steps taken by support and devs so far from my perspective are possitive ones! So keep the faith and head up and as always following your fellow players advice here on boards can be benificial [H]

Take care hope it is sorted soon m8 [Y]

I still have trouble as well, Knud... today i did get in, made some spirit oil, logged out (sick, so not staying online for long periods) and when i tried again Eollyn bummed out again.. Sslingrin still works fine...

Cant the Devs make us a new character, hide it on the loginscreen, and mark that as main character, so they would be the one with problems????

Just a silly thought

Thread Information