Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Gods of Istaria! Please Take a Lesson from the Observatory!

Default Oh Gods of Istaria! Please Take a Lesson from the Observatory!

Yea, and long ago, I heard the legend of the Ruined Observatory--of beasties of old that hoarded treasures of yesteryear. Dear friends and compatriots, ye who have ears listen up! For t'ain't no legend at all!

I did a bit of a comparison yesterday whilst hunting in two different places. Results:

1) Ruined Observatory (90 minutes): 23 beginner lore tokens, 3 Tier I boons, 3 Tier II techs, 2 beginner forms.

2) Gold Golems (2 hours): 6 trophies, 2 gold golem frags. Period.

Please ye gods of Istaria! I'm on bended knee asking that you talk a walk through the time portal called the Ruined Observatory, and then wonder--if only for a moment or two--why none of the other beasties in the Land are anywhere near as generous . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Oh Gods of Istaria! Please Take a Lesson from the Observatory!

Yea, and return also Thy Dark Stalkers to the land, with THEIR loot table like unto how it was, even before the Great Merge?

Can I get an 'AMEN!!!'?!

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Colbalt

You have an Amen.

SHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dont let ae know what is good to hunt or it shall get nerfed!!!!

do you recall that time when ae asked us what was fun to hunt and why we liked it...every thing we told that was fun to hunt got nerfed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    SHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dont let ae know what is good to hunt or it shall get nerfed!!!!

do you recall that time when ae asked us what was fun to hunt and why we liked it...every thing we told that was fun to hunt got nerfed!!!
    Ditto! Keep it quiet up there or the nerf bat will swing!

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

*storms in with the Nerf Bat on his shoulder*

HEY!

What's going on in here? I heard a ruckus!

*eyes the individuals who posted*

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

RAWR every one TACKLE him he has the NERf bat lets Take it from him and Beat theAEstaff coffe maker with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please dont hurt me[:P]

*Offers sacrifice of pumpkin pie, candied apples & spun sugar, with humble apologies that the cacao bush and coffee bean spawns have not been located yet...*
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

What happens when you hit the coffee maker with the Nerf bat?

It makes weak decaf?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

gopher65

Just make sure you don't hit the treasure chest. We don't want that to be nerfed again;).

*Offers a pair of Lucky Pants as sacrifice to the great Rawdge*

Gwynnifer ApHelion

Aaaaagh! Remember the old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." You can bet the new beasties of Istaria won't be enlightened with better drop rates, but the gods of Istaria will ensure the Observatory beasts are beaten down.

I agree with your sentiments, Tantalyr -- but your plea I'm afraid will fall on ears deaf to an easing of the drop rate.

I suppose that if you read the lower section, tucked discretely away, you will someday see in the patch notes "Some Loot tableswere adjusted".

The "fun to hunt" request for information resulted in quite substantial nerfs to drops, and was frequently cited (in the more responsible forum) as an example of disingenuousness and breach of trust. And the patch notes could be construed as having mentioned it, but they were not explicit. That added to the cries of "stealth nerfs" which were denied by AE.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I, uh, I have to admit, I don't actually have a Nerf Bat. All I have is this here Acme Support Ticket Shredder. I haven't figured out how to turn it on though. I sent an email to Acme Support about it, but haven't heard back from them yet. I wonder if they use their own products there at Acme........

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

Gwynnifer ApHelion

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdge AE
    I, uh, I have to admit, I don't actually have a Nerf Bat. All I have is this here Acme Support Ticket Shredder. I haven't figured out how to turn it on though. I sent an email to Acme Support about it, but haven't heard back from them yet. I wonder if they use their own products there at Acme........

Grins ....

:o I was touting that place in game to draggies who hadnt gotten the 250k for RoP... I run through there and am suprised as to how few hunt there... I guess they can be a trife bit rough at times...

I hope more mobs take a lesson from them and start hauling their belongings when they meet us. :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Gwynnifer ApHelion

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    I suppose that if you read the lower section, tucked discretely away, you will someday see in the patch notes "Some Loot tableswere adjusted".

The "fun to hunt" request for information resulted in quite substantial nerfs to drops, and was frequently cited (in the more responsible forum) as an example of disingenuousness and breach of trust. And the patch notes could be construed as having mentioned it, but they were not explicit. That added to the cries of "stealth nerfs" which were denied by AE.

When does a bug become a feature? Tulga/AE has stated numerous times that the drop rates are fubar'ed on many creatures, including apparently the named mobs. When will those drop rates be addressed? Or will they become a feature?

Just a bit of an update--I wandered over to Old Rachival yesterday to see if any of the beasties there drop Bounties. Once I dropped into the area, though, my TexMem shot up from 40 to 135-150, and kept climbing the entire time I was there. As a result, I was only able to hunt there for about 20 minutes before my TexMem hit 180, lag went through the roof and movement was "bouncy" to say the least.

Perhaps that's a built-in limitator on camping the area . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I had no such problems in Old Rachival a week ago, and I can't go to Tazoon or Feleden, or I CDT within 2 minutes, so I don't have the most stable of systems.

:o Alot of times after the winter festival update I would go into the ruined observatory with some friends, and murder groups of risen and automations... If you notice anything wierd from their drops could you submit a help ticket on it... (like the double loot thing going on)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I know where to find Old Rachival, but never heard about a ruined observatory...
    where is it, might wanna go sight seeing... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information