Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help to clean up Horizon's general forum on VN boards.

Berelain

Default Re: Need help to clean up Horizon's general forum on VN boards.

I'll go register at Rants Refugees tonight. [:)]

In reguards to unbanning that account...

I can't do it, but Xiixri can request to be unbanned (a Manager will review it)---as long as Xiixri doesn't evade..........

I actuallylike HZ and invested a lot of time in it.

I hope the VNboards can become a mature discussion board for those of us who like and don't like the game.

Berelein, I personally believe that you are a terrific moderator. Whether over at VN or at any other board I truly believe that you are the illustration of what a good moderator should be. Unfortunately for VN, you (for whatever reason) aren't around enough on the Horizons boards enough to control the spiraling cesspit it has become.

Your co-moderator, Lyndrek, is so blantantly biased in favor of a blessed few obsessive anti-Horizons posters that any who post with challenges to their made-up "facts" are peremptorily modded, and warned not to challenge his pets further.

VN might one day become the discussion board that you and the other intelligent administrators intended. But you MUST take care of your own business first.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Berelain

Thank You for the kind words. [:)]

IMod the AC SC board as well, but I can consentrate more onthe HZ boards.

As of last week, we only averaged 56 posts per dayon the HZboardsthough. [;)]

50 of which seemed to be D0Zer...
    [;)]

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

No matter how this turns out, I think we can all say that at least someone from the Hz Vault had the integrity to come here, listen, and allow themselves to be engaged in an open discussion.

I won't belabor any points here - we can have our discourse at RR. I would like to say that we should do our best to give Berelain positive and constructive feedback on what we'd like to see at VN, instead of shooting the messenger about past transgressions.

Change of heart, Catharsis? Harldly. But I'm not going to hold Berelain responsible for what's wrong at Hz Vault, especially since I've noticed that Berelain is the greatest part of what's right over there.

Cya at RR!

If someone says they like the game for reason xyz there is no reason why a reply saying "you are wrong you don't like the game" or "you are a stupid fanboi" should remain Some might see that as heavy handed moderation but it is the kind of thing that I think (read: my opinion) needs to start happening

I'm sure d0zer can come up with intelligent arguments..can't he? otherwise most of his posts will be nuked
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    I'm sure d0zer can come up with intelligent arguments..can't he? otherwise most of his posts will be nuked
    He can't. That's why he's banned here and refuses to post on Rants Refugees.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

While we don't have a rule here about discussing banned persons per se, I think it's a good idea that if they can't respond, we probably should let them alone - Tant, I know you're familiar with a similar rule over at RR. And no matter what, personal attacks are personal attacks - no matter who they are against.

So, let's not bring Dozer into this anymore, OK? Thanks.

Thread Information