Thread: 100% reliable workaround to keep from crashing when working on plots

Junky

Default 100% reliable workaround to keep from crashing when working on plots

Not a fix but it's a workaround to keep from crashing when working on plots.

There's a folder named "structures" on your hard drive. This is where the models are kept. The crashing is caused by the rotating model in the construction view tab of the plot window (found by testing last night, crashed over 50 times in 2 hours running tests).

Renaming that folder before starting horizons will prevent any structures from being viewable in the game (just the pointer placeholder). That's the bad thing. The great thing is that the models will also not display in the construction window and it will not crash you.

It may be that you can rename the folder after logging in so you get the buildings in the game but not the models in the construction window (2 hours last night, too tired to run any more tests).

My guildmates saw me popping in and out and were trying to get me to stop, until they found out I knew a workaround to the crashing[:P]

Junky

Default Re: 100% reliable workaround to keep from crashing when working on plots

Well, after some more testing, found out the models in the construction window and the models used for the buildings you see running around are the same thing.

If a model is loaded to display a building in your area, it will show up in the construction window. (DOH, did notice that a player 2 plots over was putting up a woodworking shop too, waste of resources for me).

For my "fix" to work, you have to rename the folder before logging in to do construction work. Then relogging after returning the folder name to normal to go back to regular crafting and adventuring.

Very inconvenient, I know that, BUT if you crash every single time you try to build on a particular building, it's a sanity saver, no doubt.

Default Re: 100% reliable workaround to keep from crashing when working on plots

/slurps junky[:P]

this is a life savor indeed :)

Gerell

Didn't work for me, but that may have been the other issues the game seems to be having today....sigh

Junky with the plan! [:P]

I'll keep that in mind if something to that nature for lairs happens. I ran some tests as well and its true.. it does work.. sometimes..not 100% though[:)]

Thread Information