Thread: blight dragon

Default blight dragon

Can anyone check the claws on blight and see if they made them have damage lkike the monks? Because word is if they do we will actually hit slower and for less damage.

Default Re: blight dragon

nm i took it upon myself to check them out.

They add a little more damage as long as you stay consistent with updating them everytime your claw mastery updates. Your claws will overate cm even if claw mastery is higher than your claws.
    The base speed of the claws is 30, but i can't say if the neg to speed granted from claw mastery will work or not when your claws are equipped. My dragon on blight is only lvl 7.

They are a positive change for hoarding though once lairs come in you can craft them somewhat efficiently near the fields. They are crafted by using metal and gems. The lvl 1 claw alone took enough bars/gems to be worth 96hv. i think it is currently 6cut gems /12 metal bars for one claw.

Akuluxtraxas tested the claws with her 88 dragon on blight shard. She reported that the claws provide no noticeable increase to damage and are thus comparable to monk handwraps. She did however, say that the reduced attack speed from the claws is also not noticeable.

Essentially, the claws are another item to tech, and more importantly, should be able to accept weapon crystals.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Did you say REDUCED speed?

Now that is something that certainly was not neccessary.

yeah it basically makes the whole idea of claws and handraps useless It would be better if they had no damage whatsoever and were merely techable slots.
    We have to choose between hitting faster without techs or hit slower with a few techs and a weapon crystal.
    In my view they should, if anything, increase speed and leave dmg alone, or increase damage and leave speed alone but obviously monks and dragons are way too overpowered for ae to try something like that.

yea if dragons and monks got upped dmg at their speed they might actually hit at about the same level as a regular 1h sword user. seen a monk post once where people were ooohin and aahin over 100 dmg from a monk, but this required several different classes at 100 best buffs in game maxed str and UA from techs and TP ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikodemus
    Did you say REDUCED speed?

Now that is something that certainly was not neccessary.
    Claw Mastery 17 (at level 100) does 45-64 damage at -4 to delay.

Dragonclaws replace claw mastery, so your base damage is replaced by the claw's base damage and the -4 to delay is lost.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    They are a positive change for hoarding though once lairs come in you can craft them somewhat efficiently near the fields. They are crafted by using metal and gems. The lvl 1 claw alone took enough bars/gems to be worth 96hv. i think it is currently 6cut gems /12 metal bars for one claw.
    :: nods :: sounds like good hoard to me - iron and tier II or mithril and tier V. May be hoard efficient around Dralk (iron-steel-cobalt and tier IV gems nearby, but port in with iron bars).

Depends on skill levels - cobalt claws vs. obsidian packs.

Am interested in any lore behind claws needing gems (too late for gems in packs).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

hmpf

if dragons or monks would be overpowered then i would understand this

but so :(

just saw this in gen chat. the fact they put it here where only dragons can see is more than any thing going to push me out of the game.
    i dont like being made to feel like a red headed stepchild and the mods here are doing a dam good job of it

Well I'm sure DRAGON claw slots are going to be useable by everyone and are general :). The move was fine.

What is the speed on the claw that akul used is it the same as the t1 version? It is ashame if it is 30 not sure why they couldn't just implement claw/handwraps as an exact copy of the ability they mimiced with techs.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Akuluxtraxas tested the claws with her 88 dragon on blight shard. She reported that.......
    FYI akuluxtraxas is a He not a she

Thread Information