Thread: Bardic Gathering Songs from 1-22-05

Dranar

Default Bardic Gathering Songs from 1-22-05

Here, for the records, I present the wonderful songs here that were present at the bardic gathering. The writers of the songs have given there permission for them to be shown. In some cases I have also included some of the words or comments of a few others within the song as well, that one could see a little of what was going on. Do enjoy though.

((These are the snipped up logs of the bardic gathering, composed only of the songs and some other character actions or words here and there, composed in several posts here. ))

---

The first song, was by Levity, and was a dedication to past Bardic Gatherings and the dragon, Trinsic, who used to hold them.

--

--- (Levity - Dedication to Trinsic)

Levity clears her throat

Levity says, 'Long lost laird, lamented'

Levity says, 'when will you wake?'

Levity says, 'Sleeping serpentine singer'

Levity says, 'scintillating scales'

Levity says, 'intrinsically entrancing, entreated'

Levity says, 'rapidly return to us your reed.'

Levity says, 'Playful purple pouncer of prey'

Levity says, 'pleasing prose purveyor'

Levity says, 'wings wide waving'

Levity says, 'tongue trilling tunes'

Levity says, 'so skilled a skald'

Levity says, 'hollow is hall that has you not.'

Levity trails to silence.

---

The next song was prefered by the bardic dragon, Quool, about "Elmoor the Dragon".

--- Quool (Elmore the Dragon)

Quool says, 'This is a song from the far off land of Annokolia.'

Quool sings: 'Elmore the dragon never drank tea'

Quool sings: 'He'd rather have a keg of ale, or three'

Quool sings: 'He would sleep it off outside the Fiesty Chicken Inn'

Quool sings: 'Having dreams of rivers of beer and lakes of gin.'

Quool sings: 'He is often difficult to wake'

Quool sings: 'and would have a headache'

Quool sings: 'Other dragons would come by and frown'

Quool sings: 'to see another of their kind so down'

Quool sings: 'Sometimes when awake, songs he would judge'

Quool sings: 'But if there were no dragons, he would hold a grudge.'

Quool sings: 'He drank too much at the Festival of the Queen'

Quool sings: 'And fell asleep at the fair, as was routine.'

Quool sings: 'If he were sober, oh what tales he could tell,'

Quool sings: 'Or even perhaps, weave a beautiful spell.'

Quool sings: 'If ever he hears this, I hope he's not distraught,'

Quool sings: 'but gives the meaning of his life some thought.'

Quool bows.

Dranar

Default Re: Bardic Gathering Songs from 1-22-05

The next song was preformed by the dragon, Allon, to his wonderful, loveable, Beautiful, dear sweet mate, Frith-Rae. It contains a few words of Draconic in it, though the ending chorus is the same as the first, just said so in Draconic.

-- (Allon, "K'ieo Sebea, Frith-Rae")

Allon smiles to Frith-Rae and smiles. "Tonight, I have a special song dedicated, just to you, Frith-Rae BridgeSol..."

You say, 'I have titled it... "K'ieo Sebea"... '

Allon smiles. "It, does contain a bit of the draconic tongue in it... but, it goes well for the music..."

Allon closes his eyes, smiling, as he starts, looking to Frith-Rae a moment more.

Frith-Rae tries to ignore everyone else.. being extremely nervous

Allon makes a soft humming sound in his throat that fluctuates lightly in a musical melody that slowly grows, revirbirating, seeming to send musical vibrations from his body and even the air around him starting to pulse with the volume.

Allon He bobs and sways his head, earfins moving like conductors batons, as soft swirls of color dance around his head and the tips of his wings cycling through mauves, purples, reds, and sometimes lifting to golds and over to silvers.

Allon He opens his mouth, the humming continuing and sounding a graceful melody, as if played by many instruments, as he starts to sing, the melody, an odd sort of beat, some of it singsongish, others lovingly serious, often times with odd curves and skips, the melody behind not missing a beat.

You say, 'The colors of fall are before my eyes, flying through the air, my heart, and the sky. '

You say, 'They flash before me like gentle wings, and with their beat, my heart, does soar. '

You say, 'It soars within the skies, the skies of my mind, finding delight in her, a dragoness of fire, who I call mine.'

You say, 'Her scales like the fire, my heart is impassioned, doing things rash, desires enlightened, the mind it is warmed, and the body all the more, for the passionate sound, of my Frith-Rae's loud roar. '

Frith-Rae blushes darker and looks at the ground

You say, 'This song that I sing, to my firey dragoness, whos temper can be hot, yet not as much as her licks. '

Frith-Rae giggles at that

You say, 'Each time I see her, my heart skips a beat, as the sound of contentment, a purr I do hold. I need not see her, for I know all of her touch, covert the amethysts for eyes, and her ruby blush. '

You say, 'Yet to not see her, would sadden me so, as she has uplifted me, my life and soul.'

Allon sings into the chorus, rumbling a little, the melody for the chorus seeming to dance around through the air along with the melody and ending on final, deep voiced notes, the colorful lights around brightening and misting off of him like the first rain of the day against sun heated stone in summer.

You say, 'To my Frith-Rae a song, I dedicate,'

You say, 'The lover to my soul,'

You say, 'The Beat in my heart,'

You say, 'Together let us fly,'

You say, 'And not come apart,'

You say, 'Let us dance in the sky,'

You say, 'Dance in the sky,'

Frith-Rae smiles, her eyes sparkle with tears

You say, 'Just you and I,'

You say, 'K'ieo Sebea... '

Allon continues on out of the chorus with just a soft pause before starting into the next verse, the melody similar yet more uplifted than the first melody played, the colors moving with the bobbing of his body.

You say, 'I still remember that day, that day we did fly, onto the islands, for you and I, and played in Lava pools, and relaxed under waterfalls, just you and I, oh my, oh my. '

You say, 'It was a start, that it did flourish, was a rush to the body and blood, to be near and so close. '

Frith-Rae giggles again nodding in memory

You say, 'My heart was ready to leap, but conserved we were so, yet soon enough, we answered Loves call, Drulkar's vision so true. '

You say, 'Yet did you ever know, when I was so small, I still so admired you, desired you? Dragoness of dreams, Frith-Rae, '

You say, 'Dragoness of dreams...'

Allon sings into the chorus, rumbling a little, the melody for the chorus seeming to dance around through the air along with the melody and ending on final, deep voiced notes, the colorful lights around brightening and misting off of him like the first rain of the day against sun heated stone in summer.

You say, 'To my Frith-Rae a song, I dedicate,'

You say, 'The lover to my soul,'

You say, 'The Beat in my heart,'

You say, 'Together let us fly,'

You say, 'And not come apart,'

You say, 'Let us dance in the sky,'

You say, 'Dance in the sky,'

You say, 'Just you and I,'

You say, 'K'ieo Sebea... '

Allon continues out of the chorus, this time with a longer pause, and starts to sing, the melody starting a bit darker in tone and slowly working into a full symphony with a melody to represent the sweeling of love, the colorful lights starting dim and then growing in strength till they flicker of red, gold, and silve over him brightly.

You say, 'And through it all, we have had our fights, our arguments and troubles, but it was just because, we hadn't accepted what our hearts knew. '

Frith-Rae still watches the color amazed, always wondering how he does that...

You say, 'I was the student then, and you were the teacher, taking out the images, the Naka had taught me, teaching me, helping me, and I embracing... then embracing you too. '

You say, 'To be your dragon, your love, as you had seen in vision, and I remember seeing you too, yet unknowing too, until the heart answered with a tender, draconic kiss... '

Frith-Rae blushes deeper

You say, 'I am your love, your dragon, your lifemate, to soar with you in unison in the sky, to lay beside you on treasures, to be beside you through the night, to protect you...'

You say, 'And love you... '

Allon sings into the chorus, the musical accompaniment that seemed to fill the air dissapates into nothingness as he sings the final chorus Accapella and his voice deepening with the speaking of the draconic language, the colors dimming to nothingness.

You say, 'Ol k'ieo Frith-Rae ai eeset ieo dedicate,'

You say, 'Oi sebetea ol k'ieo soul,'

You say, 'Oi beat na k'ieo heart, '

You say, 'Together let ien vonne,'

You say, 'Elg da coinne apart,'

You say, 'Let ien jolert na oi Sky,'

You say, 'Jolert na oi sky,'

You say, 'Just neia elg ieo,'

You say, 'K'ieo Sebea...'

Allon a longer pause then... "K'ieo Sebea... "

Allon closes his eye, bends his head and hums a single note after finish the final word and the musical colors flourish up around him and rocket upward into the sky with a final fanfare of color at the ending of the song.

Dranar

Levity treated us to another song with a familiar melody to it and amusing verse.

-- (Levity )

Levity says, '(( ooc it is Itsy Bitsy Spider ))'

Levity says, 'The evil Withered Aegis was Blighting all about'

Levity says, 'So all the Gifted pushed the Aegis out'

Levity says, 'Out came Anchors in green and pouring rain'

Levity says, 'and the evil Withered Aegis could spread its Blight again'

Levity says, 'The Anchor's Blighted Spectres were the Anchor's guard'

Levity says, 'Yet all the Gifted came from all the shards'

Levity says, 'Down went the Anchors to the Gifted's blades'

Levity says, 'And the evil Withered Aegis planned yet another raid'

Levity says, 'Blighted Deadlands were growing to north and east and west'

Levity says, 'Gifted went there to meet the Withered's test'

Levity says, 'Down fell the foe but ever there came more'

Levity says, 'and their weapons grew more fearful, now made with shining cores.'

Levity says, 'But the mighty fighting Gifted won't let the Blightlands grow'

Levity says, 'We'll stop the Aegis, in our hearts we know'

Levity says, 'We are their betters, history will say'

Levity says, 'When the dark and Blighted Deadlands are turned to shining day!'

Levity grins

---

A short poem by Bryagh was then said.

--- ( Bryagh)

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> It is a poem I use to say when I slay one of those unique named creatures around our realm...'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Here I begin.. *shakes a little*'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> "For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> And breathed away in the face of the foe as he pass'd;'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> And the eyes of the sleepers wax'd deadly and chill,'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> And there hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> *glups* That was it..'

---

The Dragoness Saphire then gave a small verse, looking to her mate, about Love... Love seemed to be much in the air this evening.

-- (Saphire - "Love" )

saphire says, 'its looks like a large green dragon with love in his eyes'

saphire says, 'it sounds like a green dragon roaring a mating call'

saphire says, 'it feels lke a sliky warm blanket it smells like a feild full of flowers'

saphire says, 'its shaped like a heart of gold'

saphire says, 'it is the love of my life '

saphire looks directly at xerses with love right back at him.

Xerses giggles and looks lovingly at saphire.

--

Dranar

Next the dragon Bryagh shared with us some famous and contemplative phrases to amuse us all and bring up much chatter. He shared some at the end of the gathering as well but I have included them here also for ease of reading, plus a few comments from others, though much more was said much of the time.

-- (Bryagh, Phrases)

Bryagh says, Well, I know some famous phrases from famous persons from an another realm.. I've used them over time to encourage or to give some lessons some times to my brothers and sisters.. Some are just phylosophic..'

Bryagh says, May I share some with you?'

Bryagh says, I will begin with a first one then..'

Bryagh says, "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good dragon to do nothing."'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Also, "In war, we win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash."'

Allon wiggles his eyeridges, pondering what about those of us without eyelashes.

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> That one was just meaning to always keep your eyes open when fighting and to watch your back..'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> This one is a sad one but there is some truth in it..'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> "Every dragon's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one dragon from another." *semms a little sad after that one.*'

Zunthras says, '*nods* to live one's life to the fullest would be cause for celebration'

Nogardder says, 'Peace and prosperity is useless if we dragons are not there to defend it.'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Also, "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the dragon who died.. Rather we should thank the dragon God that such dragon lived."'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Speaking of dead.. I think that we will always have to fight to protect our lands because there is a phrae which says that "Only the dead have seen the end of the war."'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Ah, I know one that I find a little funny because it has upset some of us sometimes... "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." As it is happening to me right now.. '

Bryagh says, Well, when something is going bad, there is two things I can say.. First, I will say "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> Also, "Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in raising up every time we fail." *smiles*'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> "Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautifull end of a dragon being."'

Bryagh says, '<!--color r=5 g=5 b=0> And finaly, "If a dragon does his best, what else is there?" *laughs*'---

Dranar

After this Levity treated us to another song in the evening, relating well to some of his phrases.

-- (Levity . )

Levity spreads her hands out low by her hips, palms forward, and sings in a warm alto

Levity says, ''Tis a Gift to be simple'

Levity says, ''Tis a Gift to be free'

Levity turns her hands over in negation, slowly shaking her head. "'Tis no Gift in our false immortality"

Levity says, 'For we do find ourselves in unending fights,'

Levity says, 'Our unGifted loved ones all falling to the Blight.'

Levity 's voice lifts

Levity says, 'When true Eternity is gained'

Levity says, 'to put down weapons we will not be ashamed.'

Levity has a yearning look

Levity says, 'To rest, rest, will be our delight'

Levity says, 'when with our loved ones we can reunite .......'

Levity bows her head

--

Next was then a very touching, and dark, piece from Auril, very well said, that left most of us speachless with the strength of the words. We must have our sadness with our happiness, after all too.

-- (Auril )

Auril sighs, and closes her eyes. Her sweet voice, mixed with sadness and bitternes flies.

Auril says, 'Far away on foreign land, an army gathered, twisted and bent.'

Auril says, 'Its word was "Die with Blood, Die with Gore", Soldiers wearing nothing more, just loose skin on their rattling bones.'

Auril says, 'So came the King, he spoke to them, My aegos, fearless warriors, Listen to my words and heed, Living shall not escape from thee, Bring forth your bloodfilled greed!'

Auril says, 'They marched relentless, on fields that were far and endless'

Auril says, 'Finally reached the first living exciled, striking bone and flesh that resisted, those who stayed and persisted.'

Auril says, 'So came the King, he spoke to them:'

Auril says, 'My Aegis, bloodthirsty warriors, we finally reached the open doors, raid and pillage where you can, Kill all women, children, men.'

Auril says, 'And they marched so and forth, reaching the tuned city of gnomes, fireballs thrown, mechanos shown, gnomes held their stand with methods none understands, and so they did nineteen weeks to end.'

Auril says, 'So came the Kin, he spoke with greed:'

Auril says, 'My Aegis, you bring me only grief, So I command the twelve siblings, to rise above your headless kin, command you to dead and grim!'

Auril says, 'The tweleve stood high on a hill, watching close on every kill.'

Auril says, 'Ones hair white, her skin as night, she ordered them to kill on sight. They slaughtered the gnomes so brave, pinned their heads upon their graves.'

Auril says, 'My sons and daughter, oh so black. Made me proud, with gnomes and that. March now firther, to more perils, Kill your kin! Whom elves call devils.'

Auril says, 'So they marched, all the twelve, Alone against dark armies of elves, killed them on sight and ate, gutted them and sealed their fate, torched for fun and passions sake.'

Auril says, 'Prove your worth! Kill all of them!'

Auril says, 'So the talles, her name Aurienne, spoke back, her voice resiliant.'

Auril says, 'Father your command is ours, we shall kill all of those souls. They shall serve you after death, skins green and attack in stealth.'

Auril says, 'So they set out for the dark elf defense, killed those who dared to offend. Turned them to undead and more, and Aurienne lost her mind in gore. She ate of the undead, poisoned her mind, and she feared, as a hind, in arrows sight.'

Auril says, 'She screamed, names of all her kills. Saw them, seeing their awfull thrills. Conciousness grew in instant, and she knew now, what a heart meant. Her mind pained of memories old, she fled from them, recalling long.'

Auril sighs deeply then continues.

Auril says, 'She cried and wept for days, for the souls she ate and slayed. THen she called in the night, "Aurienne is gone, no more figth. Auril lives, tall and strong, kill Aegis, right the wrong."'

Auril says, 'And so spoke the King, long in her dreams:'

Auril says, 'Traitors of Aegis, heed me well'

Auril says, 'Revenge will come for what you have.'

Auril says, 'The Life you live is not your choice, you are mine, with hearth and soul.'

Auril steps back, her eyes open.

Auril bows and looks around.

Levity gazes silently at Auril and holds out a hand.

Auril takes her hand, but says nothing.

Dranar

Saphire follows Auril with a touching, sad song, of her own, taking the stage in her full form here to sing, at the ending she slowly strode off in sadness from the gathering, leaving many in sad tears of sorrow for her.

-- (Saphire )

saphire says, 'its about my mother '

saphire clears her throute.

saphire says, 'i was only a egg when i herd her roar a roar of hate adn sorrow'

saphire sings when i hatched as a hatchling i for i did see a large female dragon and istantly i knew she was my mother my mother who loved me so but it wasnt ment to be

saphire sings the WA struck her down to her bitter core she roared a roar i have never known

saphire sings as i saw her fall to the floor dead adn she wasnt gifted so i wept sad dragon tears

saphire sings so i run to her hoping there was a way to wake her....

saphire sings but before i could reach her do you know what..they did? the turned her into one of them i cryed a low note and ran way never to see her again

saphire sings if one day i could see her living and well id be happy again but sadly i was alone for most of my liiiife... if theres one thing i know its not to worry for there is a light some where in everyones life

saphire sings for i found a friend no wait i found a mate adn my life was changed forever i was nooo longer alone

saphire sinks down and sheads a tear of sorrow.

---

Another song then comes from Levity, done to another familiar tune, and has such potential as singing for a round as well. ((To the tune of Row, Row, Row your boat)).

--- (Levity )

Levity says, 'well, these are four verses that I don't have a good order for, I'll sing them as composed'

Levity says, 'and I must say that Auril, Chioxin, and Geryonn contributed to thhis'

Allon nods and smiles.

Levity says, 'also, it is actually a round ... (( just no way to do that in text chat :( ))'

Levity taps her fingers on her thigh for time

Levity says, 'Fight, fight, fight the Blight,'

Levity says, 'anywhere it grows,'

Levity says, 'barely, barely, barely, barely,'

Levity says, 'surviving all its blows'

Levity says, 'Stride, stride, stride along'

Levity says, 'smite them as we go'

Levity says, 'barely barely barely barely'

Levity says, 'felling every foe'

Levity says, 'Swing, swing, swing your pick'

Levity says, 'harvesting the nodes'

Levity says, 'craftily, craftily, craftily, craftily'

Levity says, 'building our abodes'

Levity raises her arms to the side

Levity says, 'Flap flap flap your wings'

Levity says, 'take you to the sky'

Levity says, 'airily, airily, airily, airily,'

Levity says, 'Dragons all should fly.'

Dranar

The final song preformed was another, slightly less lengthy, piece by myself, originally written by my pet, Dranar, that is often a crowd pleaser, and we were in need of some happier tunes even though it had been preformed before.

---

--- ( Allon , Ieo D'na Scov, Originally composed by Dranar )

Allon smiles. "I present the song... "Ieo D'na Scov" now... " He rumbles lightly "The meaning of that, should become clear shortly..."

You say, 'For those, who already do not know...'

Allon hums lightly and swishes his tail and wings, light bits of light dancing around in happy colors that trickle around, a sort of jaunty, tavern tune being sounded and sung.

Levity settles in to listen

Frith-Rae taps her claws to the tune's beat, smiling

You say, 'This lesson here I'm about to tell Is about a handsome Dragon Who one day walked along a road, His courage did not flagon, He came across three tired knights, In shiney armor fair....'

You say, 'One spoke up and with a smile, "Can a good ride you share?", The dragon laughed aloud at this, And he just shook his head, Then before he took off into the skies, This is what he said... '

You say, 'Ieo d'na scov!'

Allon sings in the chorus now, jaunty and happy.

You say, 'Is what the dragons say'

You say, 'Don't try to feed them hay!'

You say, 'So I'll just give you a clue,'

You say, 'Means "I'm no horse" to you!'

Allon rumbles and continues into another verse with the jaunty tune.

You say, 'One day came a trottin 'long, A knight upon a mare, Her tail held high up toward the sky, And oh she was quite fair,'

You say, 'One could tell by how she walked, Her love was in the air. As she passed by a dragon trotting, She tried to catch his eye, Though he turned his head, shook his tail, And this was his reply.... '

Allon smiles and starts into the final stanza of the song.

You say, 'Now our dragon he was flirty, And suave to a dragoness, He brought her gems and pretty things, And words to try and impress, He asked if she would dine with gnome, And fly the skies this night,'

You say, 'She just wiggled her hips and gave a wink, And thought that sounded right, Though when he finally asked her to his lair, He seemed to imply much more, She shook her head and gave a laugh, and left right out the door... '

You say, 'Saying.... '

You say, 'Means "I'm... no... horse......" to you!'

---

Once again, thank you to everyone who came out to the event. I managed to draw many a good picture of the gathering and hopefully will have some available to be viewed sometime later. If any of the songsmiths wish to retract their song being listed here, please do contact me and I will remove it from the gathering logs here.

I will hope to hold another bardic gathering again next month as well. Perhaps in the same spot of Chiconis, but perhaps elsewhere as well depending on locales. I am always open to new suggestions so long as they are easily reached by everyone. Thank you again to everyone for a wonderful evening of fun and song and I hope it was much enjoyed by all.

~Allon

Dranar

Default Pictures of the Gathering...

Here are a few pictures of the gathering. I took many but picked out three that I thought the best and most interesting to show off the variety of those attending.

~Allon

That is Quool in the center... Ah the many colors of dragonkind.

That is Levity in the center...

That is Saphire, in the center, plus a nice ariel shot of the many attending.

Default Re: Pictures of the Gathering...

Hey Allon, were is that rap song that the kid of "sweet" have made !?! LOL it was quite.... diferent lol
    Aucus
    Aucus: adult lunus now over 4 years old! 100/100/92 AROP completed
    Nightmare: proud ancient lunus, 94/100/40.

Thread Information