Thread: Layers

Default Layers

I think someone mentioned layered clothing, the knights of old didnt they have leather clothes under their metal armors ?

So what happened to this..

And secondly what do you guys here think of this, would it be good.. maybe monks could use handwraps and a staff.. pherhaps those who wear metal armor could wear leather or other cloth armor beneath it.. better market for the tailors atleast.

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

Default Re: Layers

as long as it was invisible I wouldn't care (extra cost to adventures though). And metal armor would have to be: Current AU - Cloth/Leather AU = New Metal Armor AU.

Beyond that, if it was invisible it wouldn't add to lag noticeably, so no big deal there. although it would be 12 extra objects/ metal user for the server to keep track of so....

Perhaps it would be better to require some leather/cloth INSIDE current armor. As in, when constucting it you have to aquire some proccessed leather as well as the metal before you can make it (in addition to tech comps).

Then Armors would be kinda like Tinks:). Not able to get all their own resources. I think that would be a good thing, as it would encourage more interation between metal and organic crafters.

It would be normal to wear more clothes than just a metal armor...
    In the sun it would be ok, but during winters it will get very cold in various places... [;)]
    Good to introduce this, but dont allow those invisible... looks quite stupid to see "naked" players of all races running around.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Perhaps it would be better to require some leather/cloth INSIDE current armor. As in, when constucting it you have to aquire some proccessed leather as well as the metal before you can make it (in addition to tech comps).

Then Armors would be kinda like Tinks:). Not able to get all their own resources. I think that would be a good thing, as it would encourage more interation between metal and organic crafters.
    While I would be all for adding more realism into the crafting process (there are certainly many other items created that in theory should take other resources to create), I think most armors would have a fit over this. At least those doing steel and cobalt armor. Those can be a pain to make already. Requiring leather/cloth would simply make outfitter a more reasonable class choice than armorer for making what armorers should in theory be better at making.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

I'd be really pissed if I had to add leather or cloth to make armor...layers would be cool, maybe putting a tunic over armor or cloth underneath for looks, but do not make armorers require cloth...that would be a game breaker for me...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

gopher65

having to buy an extra layer of crap to make my armor useful would be a game breaker for me;). Not to mention the huge extra lag you would get from rendering 12 extra objects per player. So I guess we are even.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    having to buy an extra layer of crap to make my armor useful would be a game breaker for me[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]. Not to mention the huge extra lag you would get from rendering 12 extra objects per player. So I guess we are even.
    lol would be totally optional for you to do so.. but what if.. you get some extra armor from these *underwear* and could make them teched [;)]

Would make for more choises on techs if you had an extra layer [:O]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Extra armor could be introduced, but only a little bit in comparrison to the main armor set...
    Maybe underwear in different tiers, but I wouldnt want it triple teched for T5-6...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    lol would be totally optional for you to do so.. but what if.. you get some extra armor from these *underwear* and could make them teched [;)]
    Would make for more choises on techs if you had an extra layer [:O]
    Sadly it wouldn't really be optional. Because once it exists then everyone will want it. Same way it is with techniques. If you don't have it then you're underpowered compared to the norm.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

:o
    The issue is visually doing it. It can be done, but the power to cull the clothing would probably take more power than the visual benifit of having it show... I think this game relies ALOT on server and client data interaction. If more of the visual workload was left to the client (Like simulated cloth physics are), then they could probably do it without much server side or client side impacts...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thread Information